• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to trust your math on that, but even despite those numbers, we finished 39-33-10 with 88 points. That's only 2 fewer wins than last year. Also, Nashville made it in this year with 94 points, which really isn't much more. They are well on their way to the conference finals already. If not for some extreme misfortune, we probably would've had 95+ points this season and been a playoff team. Who knows what happens then. We have a lot of young guys that could've really matured quickly.
I did have to use my calculator to add it up but its correct. My thing is that 5 on 5 play hurts us so bad with the players we currently have i dont know what they need to do to turn the plus/minus around.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can keep Duchene. I would take Landeskog off their hands though at the right price. He is bigger, stronger, younger, cheaper, better defensively and also in a leadership role.
I am 100% in agreement with this.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are coming, but look at Carolina. They just signed Darling, have 10+ picks in this upcoming draft and have over $27 million remaining in cap space for next season.

That and they have 4 players in the top 16 of the IIHF scoring as we speak and these guys are all 24 or younger. Faulk, Hanifin and Slavin on defense too, and all of their defenders are 25 years old or less. They have an extremely young team, but otherwise it is going to be stacked eventually. Still won 36 games this season even. Elite level prospects on the way too, just like us.
They have been bad for so long they should be good by now with that said I wouldn't mind stealing Aho away from them

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the Sens knocking off Pitt on the road in game 1.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
catching up on things..

About the only deal I'd do for #2 would be something like Duchene or Landeskog and the Avs 1st (#4). If the Avs are that desperate, I'd gladly execute that fleecing.

I don't even really want a goalie, a la Carey Price. Goalies are headcases, I'd much rather just let it ride on the prospects we have and get a top flight center to pair with them. Plus, it would take a lot more than #2 to get Carey Price I expect. They'd be thinking more along the lines of Provorov and #2 for Carey Price.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
catching up on things..

About the only deal I'd do for #2 would be something like Duchene or Landeskog and the Avs 1st (#4). If the Avs are that desperate, I'd gladly execute that fleecing.

I don't even really want a goalie, a la Carey Price. Goalies are headcases, I'd much rather just let it ride on the prospects we have and get a top flight center to pair with them. Plus, it would take a lot more than #2 to get Carey Price I expect. They'd be thinking more along the lines of Provorov and #2 for Carey Price.
I would certainly do Landeskog and the #4 for the #2 but that would be dumb of Colorado i dont think that would ever happen. Prov and the #2 for Price i think Hexy would be executed by the Flyers fans for this.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hew also has 2 goals in the tourney
Oh i forgot to put the reason i wrote Gudas has two goals. Its because here is a list of Flyers in the tourney in the goal scoring department and Gudas is tied for the lead

Gudas-2
Fillpula-2
Giroux-2
Voracek-1
Schenn-1
Belmare-0
Simmonds-0
Prov-0
Couts-0
Koneckny-0

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh i forgot to put the reason i wrote Gudas has two goals. Its because here is a list of Flyers in the tourney in the goal scoring department and Gudas is tied for the lead

Gudas-2
Fillpula-2
Giroux-2
Voracek-1
Schenn-1
Belmare-0
Simmonds-0
Prov-0
Couts-0
Koneckny-0
Who else is on the team Gudas is that can score lol.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree. I mean look at Rinne in the playoffs. He hasn't looked like the elite goaltender that we are used to seeing. Price hasn't gotten far in the playoffs. I would like to build a solid defense and add playmakers on each line. Our 2nd pick will be our sniper we all have been waiting for a long time.

Btw, I didn't read the article. I assuming Sam is giving his opinion along the same line I mentioned? lol.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmonds

Well, it's not an ABSOLUTE necessity, but you had better darn sure have a great defensive/puck possession team if your goaltending is weak. Pittsburgh and Ottawa are in the conference finals primarily on the backs of their goalies. Nashville is there based on team defensive play, and limiting quality scoring chances. Anaheim? Honestly, hard to say. Somewhere in the middle.

But, looking back at past Cup winners you have Murray, Crawford, Quick and Rask, all stud goalies. You have to go back to 2010 with Niemi and Chicago to find an average goalie who won the Cup...

So, let's not kid ourselves here. Goalies are still VERY important.