• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmonds

Well, it's not an ABSOLUTE necessity, but you had better darn sure have a great defensive/puck possession team if your goaltending is weak. Pittsburgh and Ottawa are in the conference finals primarily on the backs of their goalies. Nashville is there based on team defensive play, and limiting quality scoring chances. Anaheim? Honestly, hard to say. Somewhere in the middle.

But, looking back at past Cup winners you have Murray, Crawford, Quick and Rask, all stud goalies. You have to go back to 2010 with Niemi and Chicago to find an average goalie who won the Cup...

So, let's not kid ourselves here. Goalies are still VERY important.
How do you explain Fleury? :lol: :suds:

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a ballsy call but after watching them almost win again last night its getting less crazy every game.

I'm seeing Bettmans' nightmare come true- Sens vs Preds- a marketing goldmine.
I however will definitely watch this,as both teams play exciting hockey.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you explain Fleury? :lol: :suds:

Hahaha!! Steroids??

Seriously though, let's put Fleury in the category of "inconsistent". When he's on which he has been in the playoffs this year, we see why he was a #1 overall pick. When he's off....ugh.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm seeing Bettmans' nightmare come true- Sens vs Preds- a marketing goldmine.
I however will definitely watch this,as both teams play exciting hockey.
Sens Preds would be the lowest rated cup in history but starting next year it will be Philly vs Edmonton for the next three to 4 years.
4th i know your Canadian and would like to see the Sens in the cup but to call that boring 1-3-1 style of play exciting is just wrong

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Canada vs Finland last night and realized that the only player on the Canadian team who would have a shot at making the real Canadian squad is Ryan Oreilly and maybe in a few years Marner. That doesn't say much for our 5 Flyers who are on the team and im pretty stunned at how bad Schenn and Simmer have played

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Canada vs Finland last night and realized that the only player on the Canadian team who would have a shot at making the real Canadian squad is Ryan Oreilly and maybe in a few years Marner. That doesn't say much for our 5 Flyers who are on the team and im pretty stunned at how bad Schenn and Simmer have played

Give me something negative to work on here, there's too much optimism!! I mean, could you possibly be more doom and gloom? That will really get people excited about next season! Lol

I'm not watching these particular games, but if Couturier had an assist, was a plus player and led all forwards in ice time in a 5-2 win, I'm thinking he wasn't playing too poorly.

Meanwhile, Schenn, Konecny and Giroux appear to have been almost rested. They barely played at all, especially after the first period.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me something negative to work on here, there's too much optimism!! I mean, could you possibly be more doom and gloom? That will really get people excited about next season! Lol

I'm not watching these particular games, but if Couturier had an assist, was a plus player and led all forwards in ice time in a 5-2 win, I'm thinking he wasn't playing too poorly.

Meanwhile, Schenn, Konecny and Giroux appear to have been almost rested. They barely played at all, especially after the first period.
Couts has been our best player by far and away in this tourney and wouldn't come close to making a real Canadian Olympic team. Plus im not only talking about last nights game. Schenn's little playing time is because he lost his regular spot due to his bad play where now Oreilly is double shifting in his spot. Gee is the 4th line center which speaks for his ice time last night and Koneckny lost time due to PP's and shorthanded situations which accounts for his little ice time.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couts has been our best player by far and away in this tourney and wouldn't come close to making a real Canadian Olympic team. Plus im not only talking about last nights game. Schenn's little playing time is because he lost his regular spot due to his bad play where now Oreilly is double shifting in his spot. Gee is the 4th line center which speaks for his ice time last night and Koneckny lost time due to PP's and shorthanded situations which accounts for his little ice time.
I actually hope our players aren't trying to hard, I want to see a healthy squad coming into next year. Also I hope Coots is healthy with a new mindset on how to be a successful player.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In fairness, Team A for Canada is like 12 or so of the top 20 players on the planet. Perhaps that number has gone down over the years and it's only 9 or 10 now, but you get the idea.

Yes, we don't have a top 20 player in the world right now, but not a whole hell of a lot of other teams do either.

You would've said Giroux was a top 20 guy worldwide easily just 5 years ago. Has he really regressed THAT much!? I'll give him another offseason of getting healthy and training to be sure on that one.

Idk if suiting up for my country on Team C or D in a tournament that is largely playing second fiddle to the Stanley Cup Finals after having had a very heartbreaking year would really excite me either. It's like missing the NCAA tourney and playing in the fucking NIT...Lol

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually hope our players aren't trying to hard, I want to see a healthy squad coming into next year. Also I hope Coots is healthy with a new mindset on how to be a successful player.
His skating and defense are right on point. He's had 2 or three breakaways where he just blew by the defense on the outside but the problem is he gets close to the net and freezes up. If he ever learns some offensive moves well will be loving him.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness, Team A for Canada is like 12 or so of the top 20 players on the planet. Perhaps that number has gone down over the years and it's only 9 or 10 now, but you get the idea.

Yes, we don't have a top 20 player in the world right now, but not a whole hell of a lot of other teams do either.

You would've said Giroux was a top 20 guy worldwide easily just 5 years ago. Has he really regressed THAT much!? I'll give him another offseason of getting healthy and training to be sure on that one.
Gee has looked better in this tourney than he did in the regular season. His skating has been better but a lot of his shifts his skating is atrocious where as he just dives and swings his stick trying to knock the puck off the guys stick as he is flying by him and he is playing against 4th line players. I hope he comes back to form but 5 years ago Gee is gone forever.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee has looked better in this tourney than he did in the regular season. His skating has been better but a lot of his shifts his skating is atrocious where as he just dives and swings his stick trying to knock the puck off the guys stick as he is flying by him and he is playing against 4th line players. I hope he comes back to form but 5 years ago Gee is gone forever.

Even if this is true, just THREE years ago, he finished 3rd in the scoring race behind only Crosby and Getzlaf (by one point)!!! He was a top 20 player then easily as well. I'm far from giving up on the guy.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't acre how great our goalie is if we cant score. We were shut out 8 times last year and lost all 8. we scored 1 goal 12 times and lost 11. We scored 2 goals 10 times and lost 7. Add in dismal 5 on 5 play and you win only 4 games where we score 2 or fewer goals.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if this is true, just THREE years ago, he finished 3rd in the scoring race behind only Crosby and Getzlaf (by one point)!!! He was a top 20 player then easily as well. I'm far from giving up on the guy.
2013-14 28G 58A 86 pts
2014-15 25G 48A 73 pts
2015-16 22G 45A 67 pts
2016-17 14G 44A 58 pts

Is it just me or is there a pattern forming here?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't acre how great our goalie is if we cant score. We were shut out 8 times last year and lost all 8. we scored 1 goal 12 times and lost 11. We scored 2 goals 10 times and lost 7. Add in dismal 5 on 5 play and you win only 4 games where we score 2 or fewer goals.
Our offense definitely needs a boost and maybe a shakeup with a trade for a player that can play 5 on 5 because between Gee, Schenn and Simmer our even strength play will suffer badly again.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2013-14 28G 58A 86 pts
2014-15 25G 48A 73 pts
2015-16 22G 45A 67 pts
2016-17 14G 44A 58 pts

Is it just me or is there a pattern forming here?

Of course there's a pattern. We all know this. You're backtracking...Lol You mean to tell me that you'd bet Giroux scores fewer than 58 points next season and the pattern continues?

I would take that bet with you all day, every day.

Unless he has a severe injury and misses half of the season or more, it's just not happening. I'm betting against that too. He's actually been a very tough, durable Nhl player his entire career. Rarely misses even a game.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course there's a pattern. We all know this. You're backtracking...Lol You mean to tell me that you'd bet Giroux scores fewer than 58 points next season and the pattern continues?

I would take that bet with you all day, every day.

Unless he has a severe injury and misses half of the season or more, it's just not happening. I'm betting against that too. He's actually been a very tough, durable Nhl player his entire career. Rarely misses even a game.
If your right that's great for all of us but what do the Flyers do if im right?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your right that's great for all of us but what do the Flyers do if im right?
Cry lol. If he isn't the player we all expect, I don't know if it will be that noticeable this year, hoping we have enough scoring power to have a lot of missed balance through this line up. Fingers crossed.