• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be 2-5 with a ROW of 32.

If we had traded for Mrazek several weeks ago, we could have an 11 game winning streak right now...Lol The lone loss to NJ was in the shootout.
So who will be the goalie left out? Gotta assume Elliot and Mrzek in, no? Lyon and Neuvirth left out?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who will be the goalie left out? Gotta assume Elliot and Mrzek in, no? Lyon and Neuvirth left out?

Yes, Lyon will go back to the Ahl as soon as someone is healthy, Neuvy will get benched eventually and then it will be interesting to see which one of Mrazek/Elliott starts game one of the playoffs.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even during the difficult couple of back to backs coming up, I wonder if we will just try to ride Mrazek through them. He's only started 21 games this season, so he should be fresh. Lyon just isn't on the same level or even close.

Then as far as the postseason is concerned, Mrazek has way better numbers than Elliott, but only 10 career starts compared to 39.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That shot by Couturier to win the game last night in the 6th round of the shootout was absolutely filthy good. I've never heard of Charlie Lindgren, but he played a strong game beginning to end. When you look at the replay, there was nothing to shoot at. He appeared to have everything covered and yet that puck goes just under the blocker, off the post and in at a high rate of speed.

I mean, this is the Sean Couturier we all had wet dreams of when he was drafted. This guy plays to win every battle, covers all three zones defensively against the very best and still has time to open things up offensively whenever possible. I am truly amazed and proud of his success. I hope he wins the Selke, because he definitely deserves it. Big, strong top line center who can do it all with 29 goals, 61 points, +27 and most all of his points at even strength. Enough said.

Voracek can shoot that puck too. His clutch goal to keep things going makes you wonder why he doesn't let it fly more often. I thought for sure we were losing the shootout 0-1, but Jake took care of that for us.

Last edited:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even during the difficult couple of back to backs coming up, I wonder if we will just try to ride Mrazek through them. He's only started 21 games this season, so he should be fresh. Lyon just isn't on the same level or even close.

Then as far as the postseason is concerned, Mrazek has way better numbers than Elliott, but only 10 career starts compared to 39.

Seems super weird to say given the first couple months, but they don't need to win every game down the stretch now. I definitely wouldn't ride Mrazek through back to backs. No reason to, his health is much more important than those wins.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems super weird to say given the first couple months, but they don't need to win every game down the stretch now. I definitely wouldn't ride Mrazek through back to backs. No reason to, his health is much more important than those wins.
And I don't think Hakstol would do this either. I think during this stretch he will split the times evenly or see who is the hotter goaltender through this very tough stretch. Just my gut.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Jersey Devils acquire:

• F Patrick Maroon
Edmonton Oilers acquire:

• 2019 3rd-round pick
  • F J.D. Dudek
We should have went after him,I don't think a 36 year old d-man is going to be of much help.
I think Oduya will help with our young defense going into which we would hope a long playoff run. But i agree we should've gotten Maroon.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. Mrazek may be our top goalie heading into the playoffs. He's 3-0 already since joining us and a shutout and a win in the shootout. I love it boys!
He is our top goalie because of injuries. Although i wouldn't be scared to have him start for us in the playoffs

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO who do you guys want to face in the first round? I would like to play the Leafs 1st round.
Right now i am looking to get an X next to our name in the standings which means we secured a spot and then worry about the opponent.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The race isn't over, but winning the division would be enormous for us. Home ice and also forcing the Pens and Caps to likely play each other in round one.
This would be ideal to have either Pitt or Wash gone in the first round.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That shot by Couturier to win the game last night in the 6th round of the shootout was absolutely filthy good. I've never heard of Charlie Lindgren, but he played a strong game beginning to end. When you look at the replay, there was nothing to shoot at. He appeared to have everything covered and yet that puck goes just under the blocker, off the post and in at a high rate of speed.

I mean, this is the Sean Couturier we all had wet dreams of when he was drafted. This guy plays to win every battle, covers all three zones defensively against the very best and still has time to open things up offensively whenever possible. I am truly amazed and proud of his success. I hope he wins the Selke, because he definitely deserves it. Big, strong top line center who can do it all with 29 goals, 61 points, +27 and most all of his points at even strength. Enough said.

Voracek can shoot that puck too. His clutch goal to keep things going makes you wonder why he doesn't let it fly more often. I thought for sure we were losing the shootout 0-1, but Jake took care of that for us.
The shootout winner was a great shot and he can thank Jake for showing him the goalies weakness. Couts used the same exact move and they both had success. The difference between Couts in past years and this season is he is moving his feet and cutting time and space on defense in all three zones and his feet are moving on offense giving Gee someone cutting to the net for the great passes he loves. Couts used to glide around the ice now he is power skating around the ice.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we may have to win most games down the stretch to take first place which would be a huge advantage for us in the playoffs.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning ugly again. 7 road wins in a row and first place feels good.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Oduya will help with our young defense going into which we would hope a long playoff run. But i agree we should've gotten Maroon.
Perhaps he didn't want to come to Philly? Something happened to him here before so who knows...