• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If agree they played a good game Crawford was good and the hawks had a few go in. Elliott wasn't horrible but Crawford was better...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back half of a back to back
3rd in 4
6th in 10
4 rookie dmen, 2 of which are probably career AHL-ers
Playing a team tied for first in the league.

6-2 Flyers. Obviously.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone doesn’t light someone up in the 3rd I’d bag skate the hell out of them after this game. You stand up for your teammates damnit. Nobody even spoke to Schenn after that trash hit. I wanna cave his damn face in. How many teammates have to go down before you start standing up for each other?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couturier came back. I’m a little less hot now. What a win. One of the best defensive performances I’ve ever seen from Provorov. Manning was a monster. Sanheim was fantastic. Neuvirth, great. I honesty can’t believe they won that game. Gut check, passed. I am impressed.

Provorov will win a Norris someday. I have no doubt.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back half of a back to back
3rd in 4
6th in 10
4 rookie dmen, 2 of which are probably career AHL-ers
Playing a team tied for first in the league.

6-2 Flyers. Obviously.
Good call!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couturier came back. I’m a little less hot now. What a win. One of the best defensive performances I’ve ever seen from Provorov. Manning was a monster. Sanheim was fantastic. Neuvirth, great. I honesty can’t believe they won that game. Gut check, passed. I am impressed.

Provorov will win a Norris someday. I have no doubt.
Provorov won this game by himself with his 10 blocks and add 5 hits to that. you have to figure at least 2 of those 10 would be in the net and that's the game right there.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone doesn’t light someone up in the 3rd I’d bag skate the hell out of them after this game. You stand up for your teammates damnit. Nobody even spoke to Schenn after that trash hit. I wanna cave his damn face in. How many teammates have to go down before you start standing up for each other?
Couts gets the last laugh with two assists and a win. Suck it Schenn!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ivan Provorov has officially arrived, for sure. It's ridiculous what he is doing out there all over the ice and he must never get tired either, because he is logging enormous minutes, now more than ever too.

Neuvy must be in search of more playing time with that performance and he should probably get it.

Pretty solid team win on the road against a powerhouse team and we finally got a break or two to go our way. I was pretty surprised that the Manning goal was originally disallowed. The contact in front was very similar however to the goal we recently scored with Weal in the crease that did not end up counting. The only difference being the defender in front of Voracek and nudging him back some.

Either way, if you're going to start calling off goals like this one, a lot of Nhl goals will be nullified. So, I am glad they reversed the call this time and got it right.

Konecny and Simmonds look good together out there and the line of Weal/Weise/Lehtera actually made some nice progress in the offensive zone, surprisingly.

Also, the rookies on defense are getting the job done right now. They only have to look toward one guy for their inspiration.

Back to Provorov. I think he is leading us now more than ever before and handling the extra load of being the one remaining horse we have on defense extremely well. The stat line alone is absurd, but to see him muscle Tarasenko off the puck is unreal and he has some flair offensively as well. He basically does it all. It's insane considering the guy can't legally drink a beer in this country for another two months and change.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couts gets the last laugh with two assists and a win. Suck it Schenn!

Did that play not look like a possible five minute major for elbowing and targeting the head by Schenn? I mean, am I going fucking crazy here!? We're constantly on the wrong end of a lot of hits here recently that have the health of some of our most important players in jeopardy. It's fucking disturbing, to say the least.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did that play not look like a possible five minute major for elbowing and targeting the head by Schenn? I mean, am I going fucking crazy here!? We're constantly on the wrong end of a lot of hits here recently that have the health of some of our most important players in jeopardy. It's fucking disturbing, to say the least.
Simmonds has not stepped up lately to nullify those types of hits. Laughton had to do it last game and nobody is really scared to hit us with guys like Laughton protecting us.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmonds has not stepped up lately to nullify those types of hits. Laughton had to do it last game and nobody is really scared to hit us with guys like Laughton protecting us.

It would be nice to see someone challenge a few of these guys afterwards, yes, but also nobody wants to get the extra two minute minor for instigating. We don't really want Simmonds in the box either. The problem I have is with the referees not calling these plays the way they should be called. That takes them out of the game too.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we basically just did to the Blues last night what the Hawks did to us the night before. Steal a game via shutout with strong defense, solid goaltending and some luck. The difference being we did this on the road and against a team that was 5-0 on home ice, 10-2-1 altogether.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Couturier now leading the team in goals (9), points (17) and plus/minus (+10) through only 14 games. This guy is going to shatter all of his previous season bests and possibly even by the new year. He is shooting the puck a lot more, getting way more ice and playing with two highly skilled wingers that can both possess the puck and dish it to him seemingly whenever they want. It's not like I think he is being carried either. This dude is holding his own all over the ice. He deserves every bit of the accolades and success.

I know it's early, but how much of a steal is his $4.33 million dollar contract if this guy is our top center with 70+ points each season? He's actually on pace for 100, but we'll assume he drops off some.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Simmonds. He is probably due for a power play goal in front, more than likely via deflection or rebound.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gimme Giroux for tonight.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man i thought we had that game Saturday night. When you are injured like we are you lose tough games like that to a pretty decent team. That is not Colorado from last year. The OT was AWESOME!