• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 49ers vs Seattle

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniel Kilgore, DeAndre Smelter to return to 49ers practice this week

So nice to see Kilgore back although he may not play this week. I think you will see instant improvement up front with Martin gone at Center. I bet Smelter doesn't get activated to the roster. Probably next year.

I honestly don't expect much from Kilgore, not because I don't think he is good, but rather because I question if he will have the kind of strength in his lower body post-surgeries to be able to stand up 330 lb DT on the regular, at least for the rest of this season. We saw similar struggles with Iupati when he came back from a broken leg. I expect the same from Kilgore. The question is whether or not a "not right" Kilgore is better then a healthy but clueless Martin.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't expect much from Kilgore, not because I don't think he is good, but rather because I question if he will have the kind of strength in his lower body post-surgeries to be able to stand up 330 lb DT on the regular, at least for the rest of this season. We saw similar struggles with Iupati when he came back from a broken leg. I expect the same from Kilgore. The question is whether or not a "not right" Kilgore is better then a healthy but clueless Martin.

Martin is curerntly the worst center in the NFL so Kilgore even playing on a broken foot would probably still be better than Martin, lol

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin is curerntly the worst center in the NFL so Kilgore even playing on a broken foot would probably still be better than Martin, lol

lol! Trust me, I understand that...but at the same time, if Kilgore is consistently getting blocked back into the pocket, he is doing just as much harm as Martin's inability to block.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree I think Kilgore can help us. It wouldn't shock me if the coaching staff put Kap back in when he comes back. Just to see how he plays with a little better Oline.

I don't see Kap coming back at this point unless either Gabbert gets injured or the offense plays really poorly. I don't buy Tomsula saying this is a week by week thing. Especially if you believe in any of the rumors floating out there about Kap being done in SF.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Kap coming back at this point unless either Gabbert gets injured or the offense plays really poorly. I don't buy Tomsula saying this is a week by week thing. Especially if you believe in any of the rumors floating out there about Kap being done in SF.
Yeah I don't know. I know multiple teams want Kap so I don't know why we didn't trade him then. Another mess up from the front office. If we were truly done with him we would of trade him and he would still have value. Trade him now after being bench for the rest of the year 0 value. Same can be said about RG3. Our management is clueless. After Philly changing QB's I 100% believe they were after kap hard.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't know. I know multiple teams want Kap so I don't know why we didn't trade him then. Another mess up from the front office. If we were truly done with him we would of trade him and he would still have value. Trade him now after being bench for the rest of the year 0 value. Same can be said about RG3. Our management is clueless. After Philly changing QB's I 100% believe they were after kap hard.
While I think there is some interest for Kap, trading for him means picking up his contract which other teams are loathe to do. Based on what has happened this year, I believe interest is at a level where teams would rather wait for him to be released and then sign him to a friendlier contract that would allow him to be a backup if need be. And as bad as things are this year, I don't think they want Dylan Thompson as the backup QB.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I think there is some interest for Kap, trading for him means picking up his contract which other teams are loathe to do. Based on what has happened this year, I believe interest is at a level where teams would rather wait for him to be released and then sign him to a friendlier contract that would allow him to be a backup if need be. And as bad as things are this year, I don't think they want Dylan Thompson as the backup QB.

I agree with all of this. Kaep's agent will be busy negotiating April 1.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 49ers trade him before they release him. Eagles were willing to give a 4th(rumor) and now I think the best we get is a 5th or 6th for him. I would of done 4th and Sanchez for Kap. At least we get a 4th and a vet QB that can play next year and we can draft a QB to sit. That would of been a good idea even though I dont like this QB class but they will draft one.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Cosell was on KNBR this morning. Since it was a bye week and there was no game to talk about, Cosell talked about the upcoming game, Russell Wilson, and Seattle's issues. The podcast is online at KNBR

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't see the Eagles or any team paying Kaep's current contract. The Eagles would have to be seriously desperate.
why not its not a bad contract. I guess we just have to wait. Why battle other teams and might not end up with him when you can just trade for him and then u make sure you get him. Thats how I look at it. why take that chance if you are Philly or the Jets.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO we need Kap to come back and do something positive for trade value. Other than that many have mentioned that Gabbert isn't the answer and I agree. Aside from that discussion I would hope that the 9ers keep this game close and learn who really has potential for the future

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO we need Kap to come back and do something positive for trade value. Other than that many have mentioned that Gabbert isn't the answer and I agree. Aside from that discussion I would hope that the 9ers keep this game close and learn who really has potential for the future

I'll give Gabbert a try. Maybe he can be a good QB. He was really bad in jacksonville, a young QB on a really lousy team. I don't expect much from him this week. Playing in Seattle with a crappy oline. He is probably going to be facing constant pressure playing in a tough place. He will have some easier games down the road so we'll know if he is at least a servicable veteran. Regardless, they need to draft a QB and let him sit.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the game we can grade Gabbert. If he does bad u go back to Kap. Maybe with Kilgore coming back the Oline will be a little better. I just hope they don't move Martin to Guard and take out Tiller.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're not going back to Kaep unless Gabbert gets hurt. We're also going to get exactly 0 for Kaep.