• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 49ers vs Seattle

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't watch the game yet. Looks like Seattle defense didn't melt down in the 4th for us.

Part of their defense's woes is that their offense has gone to crap later in games. We let a medicore offense and rookie type RB look like all pros today. Inexcusable. The poor tackling on defense was the worst of all.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only positive I'm seeing is that we don't have to deal with having that retard at quarterback anymore. While we still had a pretty terrible game, especially the defense, it was at least semi-competitive this time around.

Gabbert > Kaepernick. And it isn't even close.
At least he stands in against the rush and gets the ball down field accurately. But our secondary is the worst in the league. Looks like a bunch of college guys back there playing against pros.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of their defense's woes is that their offense has gone to crap later in games. We let a medicore offense and rookie type RB look like all pros today. Inexcusable. The poor tackling on defense was the worst of all.

Damn. After the Atlanta game, I thought our defense can keep it close. Didn't expect much from the offense, but I guess they did all right.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. After the Atlanta game, I thought our defense can keep it close. Didn't expect much from the offense, but I guess they did all right.

They played bad twice against Seattle this year. Poor tackling the first game also but this game seemed even worse than that one.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Gabbert did ok. He made some nice plays and maybe if the D had shown up the game would've been a bit different. It was nice seeing a 49ers QB actually complete passes and score points in Seattle again >_>;

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this game clears up everything. This team sucks because of coaching. They have no idea how to game plan. We need a new staff.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just coaching, although I will say they are pretty bad.

It is talent, imo. There isn't one position on the field where I say "wow, we are better than Seattle at ___" whereas there are so many (most) that I am like "wow, their X is much better than our X." I do think they can be better with better coaching, but that only goes so far when they just aren't all that good (relative to good teams).

Which makes me sad since talent isn't something that can be fixed that quickly. I think we will be bad for a long time, regardless of coaching.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent and coaching are issues. And unfortunately, I think that makes Baalke the next one that needs to be kicked out.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had a say, Marathe is the first one out the door. He doesn't have the knowledge or experience to be in the position he is in and it effects everything below him. Baalke would probably be next along with the coaching staff.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If I had a say, Marathe is the first one out the door. He doesn't have the knowledge or experience to be in the position he is in and it effects everything below him. Baalke would probably be next along with the coaching staff.

Marathe had worked his way up the organization for YEARS? He now has the cap and contract knowledge, and obviously the experience. Wasn't he the cap and contract guy since at least Nolan? Don't think our cap and contracts are the primary issues, so Marathe wouldn't be the first to go.

Don't see Jed making a move till end of NEXT season, at earliest. He'll give this current structure at least another season.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marathe had worked his way up the organization for YEARS? He now has the cap and contract knowledge, and obviously the experience. Wasn't he the cap and contract guy since at least Nolan? Don't think our cap and contracts are the primary issues, so Marathe wouldn't be the first to go.

Don't see Jed making a move till end of NEXT season, at earliest. He'll give this current structure at least another season.

It is no longer just cap and contract issues. He is now team president. I have posted a number of links that have shown Marathe's role has expanded within the organization. Marathe has been very involved in the selection of head coaches and players. He is an analytics (moneyball) person that has used this system to develop head coaching and player evaluations. Jed and his father became enamored with this guy and Bill Walsh wanted to nothing to do with his work. He also has worked on instant replay reviews. His background is working venture capital at Bain. He has no football background. He doesn't have the background for this role. If he is only used to crunch cap numbers and run concessions and stadium issues is one thing, but he doesn't have the background to make football related decisisons. I would fire Marathe and promote Gamble into his position in a heartbeat. Gamble would be miles better than Marathe

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love this post, lol

Per Matt Maiocco:
1, Punting, an organizational decision
The 49ers have an analytics department that delves into all issues of strategy and game management. In the past, team president Paraag Marathe was known to be heavily involved in those efforts. Coach Jim Tomsula spent countless hours in the offseasons – not just this offseason – poring over those reports. Tomsula made the decision to twice punt late in Sunday’s game when the 49ers required two touchdowns and two two-point conversions to tie the game. A day after the fact, Tomsula said he had no second-thoughts with his decisions. That means, more than likely, the analytics department agreed with those moves. Bottom line: While some might view Tomsula’s decisions as negatives and part of the case for his ultimate dismissal, it’s likely the 49ers’ decision-makers feel as if their research supports that he made the correct calls.

If this is true, the 49ers analytics department needs to check their math.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hate this coaching staff. Worst in the league. I wouldn't keep any of them after this year.