• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers Draft Poll:

Who would you like the 49ers to Draft

• QB Jared Goff

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • QB Carsen Wentz

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • QB Paxton Lynch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OT Ronnie Stanley

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • OLB Myles Jack

• DE Deforest Buckner

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • DE Shaq Lawson

• CB Vernon Hargreaves

• WR Laquon Treadwell

• CB Jalen Ramsey

• Other: Please post who you would like.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams taking Wentz word is. Goff going #2 to the browns. Man if Tunsil falls to us I will go crazy. He is one of the best LT to come out in a long time. We can then trade AD or move him to Guard. Our Oline would be stacked again.

Wow, the Rams sure gave up alot for Wentz if that is what they are planning to do. You would think the RG3 trade would have made them think twice.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow, the Rams sure gave up alot for Wentz if that is what they are planning to do. You would think the RG3 trade would have made them think twice.

that's exactly my first thought.

but ok, there are very committed now and should this QB 'bust' or struggle for 1-2 years, they'ill remain a 'middle' team for 4-5 years. Those draft picks that were traded away, affects more than 2016 and 2017.

You naturally lose a few good players each year, to free agency. So IF their QB struggles for 1-2 years, the team in 3 years, won't look as good as now. You can't replace these guys with high draft picks.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like what I've seen from Goff particularly, and think that Wentz will serve as a decent pro but...I just watched a Gruden QB camp with Cook, Adams, and Hogan, working with Warner as well. They all looked pretty sharp in drills, but it was said that Hogan was the most "ready NFL QB" in terms of football IQ and the offence he ran at Stanford. The only question was his size (6'4" 218), which seems a little nit picky to me. I think he'd be a steal a little later in the 2nd or 3rd and can sit for a year and get acclimated. He's has the most career starting wins under his belt in Stanford history and is a leader behind center.

now with both top QB's off the board, a 2nd or 3rd round QB will do. i even consider others such as Prescott. one of these guys are ok cause i feel we should draft one whether Kaep is still on the team or not.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rams trading for #1 pick to grab a QB makes me think 49ers trade down now.

not in favor of trading down, nothing wrong with drafting a top defensive player. we should look at the players career, not what is happening THIS season. Things change FAST one year to the next, so i'd want Stanley too if he's the one thats left.

we already have 12 picks, how many more do we need?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That is true. Outside shot to rade up to the Browns but after seeing what Tenn got I want no part of that. What the hell are the Rams doing. They just gave away their whole draft this year and next for a QB that would be in the top 10 if it was a good class.

I also dont like what Tenn did. Yes getting that many value picks is good for a bad team but damn you had a chance to grab a TOP LT to protect your franchise QB. Sucks for Tunsil he may drop to #6. Browns need a QB, SD needs D, Cowboys have no use for a LT right now, and Jacksonville drafted one last year. He can fall to Balt or better to the 49ers. Imagine if he falls to us. WOW

i think it was a 'no brainer' from Tennessee's point of view, ie a great deal. plus i read earlier where the 2nd and 3rd rounds this year, will provide good value.

no doubt they could use a quality LT in Tunsil, but with this deal you can upgrade five spots versus one. not all of these five picks will be top players, but your overall TERAM is improved a LOT in just two years. they can still use one of these picks on an OT, like Conklin?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might been mistaken. It might be Goff that they like. 1 report says Wentz other says Goff. Either way they are going QB.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think it was a 'no brainer' from Tennessee's point of view, ie a great deal. plus i read earlier where the 2nd and 3rd rounds this year, will provide good value.

no doubt they could use a quality LT in Tunsil, but with this deal you can upgrade five spots versus one. not all of these five picks will be top players, but your overall TERAM is improved a LOT in just two years. they can still use one of these picks on an OT, like Conklin?
Yes the Picks are great and they now can take a gamble on J. Smith in the 2nd rd but their main concern is to protect Marriota and they had a shot to Land a BIG time LT in Tunsil.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word out of 49ers writers is that 49ers Top 4 are Jack, Bosa, Buckner and Tunsil. Jack being ther #1 guy unless Tunsil Falls to 49ers. Another sleeper pick would be if Ramsey fell but most dont think that will happen,

To be Honest Im ok with Buckner, Bosa, Tunsil or Ramsey but not a fan of Jack. Coming off an injury and is a bit small for MLB in the NFL in my opinion. 6'1 225LBs. I would pass on him.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes the Picks are great and they now can take a gamble on J. Smith in the 2nd rd but their main concern is to protect Marriota and they had a shot to Land a BIG time LT in Tunsil.

improving the TEAM in two years, is hard to pass up.

again, i get Tunsil protecting Mariota, but is a Conklin THAT much lower than Tunsil? Is this difference greater than FOUR other prospects, round 3 and higher?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Word out of 49ers writers is that 49ers Top 4 are Jack, Bosa, Buckner and Tunsil. Jack being ther #1 guy unless Tunsil Falls to 49ers. Another sleeper pick would be if Ramsey fell but most dont think that will happen,

To be Honest Im ok with Buckner, Bosa, Tunsil or Ramsey but not a fan of Jack. Coming off an injury and is a bit small for MLB in the NFL in my opinion. 6'1 225LBs. I would pass on him.

yeah, we'll still get a top prospect no matter. Also ok with any of these guys except reserving a little doubt on Bosa. Just not totally convinced he fits a 3-4.

Definitely ok with Myles Jack, there IS a concern with his injury plus his weight, but didn't read anything indicating its a very serious injury? A serious injury is Jaylen Smith. Didn't read anything indicating Jack's weight is a big detriment? i'm sure it doesn't help him against big linemen in run D, but how big a factor?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might been mistaken. It might be Goff that they like. 1 report says Wentz other says Goff. Either way they are going QB.

I agree. From everything I've read neither QB is worthy of no. 1 pick. If they don't turn out to be franchise QBs, the rams will be in a bad spot

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's exactly my first thought.

but ok, there are very committed now and should this QB 'bust' or struggle for 1-2 years, they'ill remain a 'middle' team for 4-5 years. Those draft picks that were traded away, affects more than 2016 and 2017.

You naturally lose a few good players each year, to free agency. So IF their QB struggles for 1-2 years, the team in 3 years, won't look as good as now. You can't replace these guys with high draft picks.

If they take one of these QBs and the QB doesn't pan out, they will look like big fools

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree. From everything I've read neither QB is worthy of no. 1 pick. If they don't turn out to be franchise QBs, the rams will be in a bad spot

It has to be Goff because you don't make this trade thinking you'll develop your QB.

For us, we can consider a Cook, Hogan, Prescott, etc. after Round 1. WAY less gambling than the Rams. :-)

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If they take one of these QBs and the QB doesn't pan out, they will look like big fools

this is a given, no doubt the Rams know this.

but on the flip side, if Goff pans out......and he likely will.....

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has to be Goff because you don't make this trade thinking you'll develop your QB.

For us, we can consider a Cook, Hogan, Prescott, etc. after Round 1. WAY less gambling than the Rams. :-)

I am not a Cook fan so I would assume take one of the guys further down and draft other positions of need with the top picks

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
improving the TEAM in two years, is hard to pass up.

again, i get Tunsil protecting Mariota, but is a Conklin THAT much lower than Tunsil? Is this difference greater than FOUR other prospects, round 3 and higher?
Yes i think so. I mean some are saying he is the best LT in the last 5 years to come out of college. Again as of right now it can still be hit or miss but I take my chances with Tunsil. Im a fan of his. Kid looks special.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the Rams gave up who ever they pick better become a Top 10 QB by year 2. LOL They sold the farm.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a Cook fan so I would assume take one of the guys further down and draft other positions of need with the top picks
I am not a cook fan either. I wouldnt mind trading back into late 1st rd to grab Lynch. Lynch has a chance to have a high ceiling but can also be a Bust. Im ok with taking that chance. another QB if we want to wait till the 3rd rd is the Kid from Penn St. Coming into this year he was suppose to be a top 3 QB. He played on a bad Penn st team.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is a given, no doubt the Rams know this.

but on the flip side, if Goff pans out......and he likely will.....
I dont think its safe to say he likely will pan out because lets be honest he had trouble throwing Ints in college. I think its a toss up.

Wentz just hasnt played enough for me to like him at #1. Yeah he did well at the combine but a lot of players do well at the combine and never pan out.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im ok with drafting in the 1st rd (Buckner, Bosa, ramsey, tunsil) and in the 2nd rd take Fuller at WR from ND and then either move back in the 2nd to take your QB. After that you go back to back with OL unless you already took Tunsil.