• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers Draft Poll:

Who would you like the 49ers to Draft

• QB Jared Goff

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • QB Carsen Wentz

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • QB Paxton Lynch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OT Ronnie Stanley

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • OLB Myles Jack

• DE Deforest Buckner

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • DE Shaq Lawson

• CB Vernon Hargreaves

• WR Laquon Treadwell

• CB Jalen Ramsey

• Other: Please post who you would like.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My cousin is an oregon fan i watched about eight of the games he played this year. I am also a michigan state fan and i went back and watched him going against conklin who matched up with him majority of the game and is mocked to be a mid first round pick and he wasn't double he played too high and he doesn't have the speed to beat nfl tackles. In the TCU game and stanford game he wasn't a major factor he at no point during the games i watched of him did he actively stand out and think wow. He did win defensive player of the year but myles jack was out so i take that with a grain of salt
talk about over rated Myles Jack big time over rated. Too small and coming off an injury. I don't want this guy.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Run Defense and Pass Rush/OLBs!! Get the Best Available Corner in fa!

It's a great idea but free agency has come and gone and the signed Zane Beadles and the 4th string QB that Kelly had in Philly plus a bunch of their own even if many of them should have been sent packing.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
talk about over rated Myles Jack big time over rated. Too small and coming off an injury. I don't want this guy.

I am not sold on jack either. I honestly think we should trade back and get some more picks i mean we have so many holes on this team adding 12 to 13 players could only help because at least 20 players are pure trash.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sold on jack either. I honestly think we should trade back and get some more picks i mean we have so many holes on this team adding 12 to 13 players could only help because at least 20 players are pure trash.

I would say the number is north of 20.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My cousin is an oregon fan i watched about eight of the games he played this year. I am also a michigan state fan and i went back and watched him going against conklin who matched up with him majority of the game and is mocked to be a mid first round pick and he wasn't double he played too high and he doesn't have the speed to beat nfl tackles. In the TCU game and stanford game he wasn't a major factor he at no point during the games i watched of him did he actively stand out and think wow. He did win defensive player of the year but myles jack was out so i take that with a grain of salt

Ok, so of the ENTIRE Pac-10, maybe Jack would've beat him out, maybe? That is still impressive for Buckner, cause losing to someone drafted top 5 isn't so bad.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Which is why i say at least, some players may surprise us next year. I like to give myself some wriggle room.

there is a reason players are considered Round 1 picks, Round 2 picks, etc. Getting more picks is nice, but the odds of getting a quality player falls. No Round 1 player is perfect, but a Round 2 player has even more 'imperfections'.

anyway, we already have 12 picks, none in the 7th. How many more do you need for "wiggle room"?

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is a reason players are considered Round 1 picks, Round 2 picks, etc. Getting more picks is nice, but the odds of getting a quality player falls. No Round 1 player is perfect, but a Round 2 player has even more 'imperfections'.

anyway, we already have 12 picks, none in the 7th. How many more do you need for "wiggle room"?

Wiggle room was a reference to how many players i believe are trash on the niners rooster currently. I said at least 20 and poewelch said north of that and he may be right I just like to hedge my bets a little. I understand how the draft ratings system works but if you can replace aging useless veterans like pears or devey with young guys you can develop why not do that when you know you are not in contention. Some players take time to develop and at 7 with goff gone we can trade pick and possibly pick up another second or third and maybe grab a quality player that may develop into something.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so of the ENTIRE Pac-10, maybe Jack would've beat him out, maybe? That is still impressive for Buckner, cause losing to someone drafted top 5 isn't so bad.

However, the pac-12 isn't a known for being defensive aptitude. He isn't a natural pass rusher, he is just big and was able to get by just being phyiscally superior to a lot of subpar tackles but hey you like who you like but i want nothing to do with buckner.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
However, the pac-12 isn't a known for being defensive aptitude. He isn't a natural pass rusher, he is just big and was able to get by just being phyiscally superior to a lot of subpar tackles but hey you like who you like but i want nothing to do with buckner.

Yeah ok, thats fine.

We should have a top prospect no matter.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With News about Jack Knee not that great he comes off the board at #7. He should now be a late 1st rd pick. 49ers looking at Buckner, Stanley, Bosa, ramsey and Tunsil. Other options is trading up to #2(not worth it in my opinion.) If alll 5 are off the board trade back.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With News about Jack Knee not that great he comes off the board at #7. He should now be a late 1st rd pick. 49ers looking at Buckner, Stanley, Bosa, ramsey and Tunsil. Other options is trading up to #2(not worth it in my opinion.) If alll 5 are off the board trade back.
If Baalke takes this guy in the 1st round, he deserves a lashing

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After all this research and mock drafts Im going to stay with Buckner. I like his upside and a combo of him and Armstead and Dial will be scary good. Only player I have above him if they fall to us are Tunsil and Ramsey.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
After all this research and mock drafts Im going to stay with Buckner. I like his upside and a combo of him and Armstead and Dial will be scary good. Only player I have above him if they fall to us are Tunsil and Ramsey.

a guy from Our Lads - a scouting service i guess - was on local radio this morning. He said they rated Buckner as the top player overall. They felt Buckner also had versatility to play anywhere on the line, including 'NT' on passing downs. He described how they watch all games of each player, going back to their first 'starts'. So these guys are thorough and look for production as the main factor. I took this to mean they don't get carried away with 'atheltic ability', 'higher ceiling', or how ever you want to describe 'workout warrior'?

They did not think Tunsil was the best LT, but Stanley. Not that Tunsil isn't good, just didn't show as much consistency as Stanley. Apparently, Stanley is a 3 year starter and Tunsil didn't play a full 2015 season? So the tape on Stanley is much more consistent.

He said if anyone takes Ramsey top 10, it is because they want him at CB. They like Hargreaves because he can play man and zone, but McKenzie is better at just man.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a guy from Our Lads - a scouting service i guess - was on local radio this morning. He said they rated Buckner as the top player overall. They felt Buckner also had versatility to play anywhere on the line, including 'NT' on passing downs. He described how they watch all games of each player, going back to their first 'starts'. So these guys are thorough and look for production as the main factor. I took this to mean they don't get carried away with 'atheltic ability', 'higher ceiling', or how ever you want to describe 'workout warrior'?

They did not think Tunsil was the best LT, but Stanley. Not that Tunsil isn't good, just didn't show as much consistency as Stanley. Apparently, Stanley is a 3 year starter and Tunsil didn't play a full 2015 season? So the tape on Stanley is much more consistent.

He said if anyone takes Ramsey top 10, it is because they want him at CB. They like Hargreaves because he can play man and zone, but McKenzie is better at just man.
Stanley didnt have a great year this year. Im a Big ND fan. Trust me. Dont get me wrong I like him but I would take Tunsil over him.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Stanley didnt have a great year this year. Im a Big ND fan. Trust me. Dont get me wrong I like him but I would take Tunsil over him.

at #7, i would be fine with either. We ALL know about our O-line issues, and Staley isn't young.

i would also be fine with Ramsey, Buckner, or Hargreaves, IMO either of these guys could be our 'BPA'.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at #7, i would be fine with either. We ALL know about our O-line issues, and Staley isn't young.

i would also be fine with Ramsey, Buckner, or Hargreaves, IMO either of these guys could be our 'BPA'.
I agree at #7 either is a good pick. Agree with the others. A little on the fence with Hargreaves(feel like he has Big Bust potential) Didnt have a good year and got beat a lot. Last year had a great year.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes Stanley has been a three year starter at Notre Dame 2 at LT one at RT, Zack Martin the 1st round pick of the Cowboys was the starting LT the year he was playing RT. Tunsil I believe took a gift or something and got suspended for most of the season. So he started for two seasons.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For me it was more penalties than getting beat Purguy I don't recall him getting beat much this year mostly got flags more often then I wanted from the Irish's top O-Lineman.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I would rather have Stanley or Tunsil over another 3-4 D-Lineman I think the O-Line is a much bigger issue than another none pass rusher not to mention D-Line is a strength in this class so you can get good value in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.