• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers Draft Poll:

Who would you like the 49ers to Draft

• QB Jared Goff

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • QB Carsen Wentz

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • QB Paxton Lynch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OT Ronnie Stanley

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • OLB Myles Jack

• DE Deforest Buckner

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • DE Shaq Lawson

• CB Vernon Hargreaves

• WR Laquon Treadwell

• CB Jalen Ramsey

• Other: Please post who you would like.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee could always move up and draft Stanley. Maybe trade up with the Eagles or the Niners.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tennessee could always move up and draft Stanley. Maybe trade up with the Eagles or the Niners.

for me, i'd draft Stanley myself. He is a solid pass protector which is the main quality you want. The GOOD LT's are hard to come by. yes for THIS season he doesn't "have a place", but things change fast in the NFL.

Even if we don't draft Stanley, there should be an 'impact' prospect.

VASFfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now with both top QB's off the board, a 2nd or 3rd round QB will do. i even consider others such as Prescott. one of these guys are ok cause i feel we should draft one whether Kaep is still on the team or not.

Yes! He's not ready now, but I think Prescott would be a great choice in the 3rd or 4th. Hogan would be a decent choice but I think he's a 5th or 6th round guy, if that.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes! He's not ready now, but I think Prescott would be a great choice in the 3rd or 4th. Hogan would be a decent choice but I think he's a 5th or 6th round guy, if that.

yep, sooner or later they provide good value. Even if its Round 5 or 6, do draft a QB.

IF by chance they trade Kaep BEFORE the draft (not likely i know), i'd even consider two QB's. The second would be Round 6 or 7, but if good value is there, do it. Similar (not same) reasoning to drafting Busta Andersen last year.

VASFfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, sooner or later they provide good value. Even if its Round 5 or 6, do draft a QB.

IF by chance they trade Kaep BEFORE the draft (not likely i know), i'd even consider two QB's. The second would be Round 6 or 7, but if good value is there, do it. Similar (not same) reasoning to drafting Busta Andersen last year.

Yeah, IF they trade Kaep, then 2 QB's (while arguably unorthodox) wouldn't be a bad idea. I mean, take away Kaep and we've got Gabbert and Dylan Thompson??? Well, I guess we signed that guy that played for Kelly in Philly. But still, that's almost Moe, Larry, and Curly.

VASFfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for me, i'd draft Stanley myself. He is a solid pass protector which is the main quality you want. The GOOD LT's are hard to come by. yes for THIS season he doesn't "have a place", but things change fast in the NFL.

Even if we don't draft Stanley, there should be an 'impact' prospect.

I'm addicted to playing these draft simulators. Some of their player evaluations are kind of whacked (one scouting database has Goff as the 61st prospect!) but it's still fun to see what you can come up with. And if Stanley is available, I basically don't deviate. I take him UNLESS as happened once (to my astonishment) Tunsil fell to #7 and I took him and didn't think twice. The Niners' offensive line is a joke, and if you don't have a line then the offense is screwed. Even when Goff is available I still take Stanley. Others will read that and say, WTF??? And I can understand that, but IMHO we're going to get our QB's slaughtered unless and until we rebuild that line. Stanley can be a big piece of that.

Now if both Tunsil AND Stanley are off the board...well, at that point I guess we'd go defense? I'm not convinced about Jack, and while I like Buckner I'm not sure about going DE two years in a row. Bosa might be ok but I'm a little worried that he might be a bit of a tweener. I like Ragland and we do have a need at ILB but #7 is too early for him. CB at #7? We could use a #1, lockdown corner but I don't think that's our biggest need. Just not sure.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm addicted to playing these draft simulators. Some of their player evaluations are kind of whacked (one scouting database has Goff as the 61st prospect!) but it's still fun to see what you can come up with. And if Stanley is available, I basically don't deviate. I take him UNLESS as happened once (to my astonishment) Tunsil fell to #7 and I took him and didn't think twice. The Niners' offensive line is a joke, and if you don't have a line then the offense is screwed. Even when Goff is available I still take Stanley. Others will read that and say, WTF??? And I can understand that, but IMHO we're going to get our QB's slaughtered unless and until we rebuild that line. Stanley can be a big piece of that.

Now if both Tunsil AND Stanley are off the board...well, at that point I guess we'd go defense? I'm not convinced about Jack, and while I like Buckner I'm not sure about going DE two years in a row. Bosa might be ok but I'm a little worried that he might be a bit of a tweener. I like Ragland and we do have a need at ILB but #7 is too early for him. CB at #7? We could use a #1, lockdown corner but I don't think that's our biggest need. Just not sure.

Yeah, the QB vs O-line "what comes first" debate, will always be there. While i do see the O-line comes first thinking, my opinion is get the QB first. Next, not to extend on a tangent, but O-line is about five positions, not one. So that can be a difficult discussion too.

IF Buckner is our BPA at #7, i would go ahead and draft him. Again, it doesn't look 'efficient' for THIS season, but i look at his impact over his career. So i wouldn't let "DE two years in a row" stop me. Agree with you on Bosa, not convinced he fits a 3-4? Granted, the pass rushing aspect is more important nowadays.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree Tunsil is there at #7 u better draft him. Scouts have him ranked as the best OT to come out in like 5 years or something like that. Him and Staley would be nice at Tackle and he takes over at LT in 3 years. AD then moves to Guard with Tiller and then you have Kilgore at center.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the QB vs O-line "what comes first" debate, will always be there. While i do see the O-line comes first thinking, my opinion is get the QB first. Next, not to extend on a tangent, but O-line is about five positions, not one. So that can be a difficult discussion too.

IF Buckner is our BPA at #7, i would go ahead and draft him. Again, it doesn't look 'efficient' for THIS season, but i look at his impact over his career. So i wouldn't let "DE two years in a row" stop me. Agree with you on Bosa, not convinced he fits a 3-4? Granted, the pass rushing aspect is more important nowadays.
Don't get me wrong a future of Armstead and Buckner sounds good to me. I am a Fan of Buckner. 2 Big DE's. Scary.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now with both top QB's off the board, a 2nd or 3rd round QB will do. i even consider others such as Prescott. one of these guys are ok cause i feel we should draft one whether Kaep is still on the team or not.

Hey Deep, who do you like out of this bunch? I think Cook will go faster, but what are your thoughts on Hogan & Adams?

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Goff will be off the board.Rams will pick him up. The only reason to do a trade like they did is for a QB.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Goff will be off the board.Rams will pick him up. The only reason to do a trade like they did is for a QB.

Will be either Wentz or Goff. Browns will probably take a QB with the 2nd pick, unless they are convinced that RG3 can turn his career around. If both are gone, the hopefully Niners can draft Stanley or Buckner. Darken, I had trouble posting or a long while because it stated my email is not valid. I had to put a different email. Can you please fix it for me. Thanks in advance. My email is [email protected]

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey Deep, who do you like out of this bunch? I think Cook will go faster, but what are your thoughts on Hogan & Adams?

Just my humble opinion, but i like all three in Prescott, Hogan, and Cook. i like Adams and even Brandon Doughty if 'later' round pick. All these QB's would be worth a shot, so its a question of what round? Sooner or later, a QB falls far enough, where he becomes good value. i tend to think Cook will be gone before our 2nd rounder. So we likely draft a QB in round 3, or maybe trade up to the late 2nd.

Jeff Driskell is intriguing, should he fall to the 7th? Not pushing for him, but if nothing works out till late, i'd consider him. I'd throw Cardale Jones in this category too.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't get me wrong a future of Armstead and Buckner sounds good to me. I am a Fan of Buckner. 2 Big DE's. Scary.

and IF Dial can manage to play NT - he played there already - what a tall line. Makes it that much harder for Russell Wilson. :-)

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Buckner is overrated, he plays too high, poor motor and disappears against good competition

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Buckner is overrated, he plays too high, poor motor and disappears against good competition

hard for me to believe this because so many mocks have him in the top 10. before the Rams trade, some mocks even had him in the top 5. this isn't saying he's guaranteed, as NO prospect is a sure thing, but wouldn't have a problem drafting him.

if we had a 4-3, i might buy 'overrated', but so many have mocked him to 3-4 teams.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hard for me to believe this because so many mocks have him in the top 10. before the Rams trade, some mocks even had him in the top 5. this isn't saying he's guaranteed, as NO prospect is a sure thing, but wouldn't have a problem drafting him.

if we had a 4-3, i might buy 'overrated', but so many have mocked him to 3-4 teams.

He is a combine guy, he has freakish size and that is about it. His game performance is not that impressive.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He is a combine guy, he has freakish size and that is about it. His game performance is not that impressive.

are you sure? are you basing this off one game you saw, two games? In those games you saw, were you only focusing on Buckner, or watching others too?

mock sites and talking heads aren't always correct, but they do watch game film, lots of it. they focus and evaluate one player at a time. So after many have reviewed tape AND mocked Buckner top 10, i have to believe the consensus.

Also, look at his stats quite impressive. Didn't he win Pac-10 defensive player of the year? You can't achieve this by being unimpressive.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you sure? are you basing this off one game you saw, two games? In those games you saw, were you only focusing on Buckner, or watching others too?

mock sites and talking heads aren't always correct, but they do watch game film, lots of it. they focus and evaluate one player at a time. So after many have reviewed tape AND mocked Buckner top 10, i have to believe the consensus.

Also, look at his stats quite impressive. Didn't he win Pac-10 defensive player of the year? You can't achieve this by being unimpressive.

My cousin is an oregon fan i watched about eight of the games he played this year. I am also a michigan state fan and i went back and watched him going against conklin who matched up with him majority of the game and is mocked to be a mid first round pick and he wasn't double he played too high and he doesn't have the speed to beat nfl tackles. In the TCU game and stanford game he wasn't a major factor he at no point during the games i watched of him did he actively stand out and think wow. He did win defensive player of the year but myles jack was out so i take that with a grain of salt