• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers Draft Poll:

Who would you like the 49ers to Draft

• QB Jared Goff

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • QB Carsen Wentz

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • QB Paxton Lynch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OT Ronnie Stanley

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • OLB Myles Jack

• DE Deforest Buckner

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • DE Shaq Lawson

• CB Vernon Hargreaves

• WR Laquon Treadwell

• CB Jalen Ramsey

• Other: Please post who you would like.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this made me wonder, how many players request a trade, but end up staying "happily ever after"? can't think of any off hand?

anyway, IMO asking for a trade signals BIG unhappiness as opposed to leveraging. So i wouldn't "force" a player to stay cause he just won't be 100% committed.

Asking for a trade like he did hurt his chances of being traded because now everyone knows he's unhappy instead of suspecting it. The 49ers will get nothing in return so if that is a move they are willing to make then go ahead.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are asking for 2nd rd pick.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
they are asking for 2nd rd pick.

they way it is playing out in Denver, MAYBE we get a higher pick than originally thought? A few months ago no one thought any where near a 2nd. Not thinking we'll actually get a 2nd, but a 3rd or a 3rd plus 5th would still be good.

The Jets haven't signed Fitzpatrick yet?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they way it is playing out in Denver, MAYBE we get a higher pick than originally thought? A few months ago no one thought any where near a 2nd. Not thinking we'll actually get a 2nd, but a 3rd or a 3rd plus 5th would still be good.

No they have not signed him yet. The 49ers want a 2nd for Kap and seem pretty intent to wait it out a bit more to try and get it

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No they have not signed him yet. The 49ers want a 2nd for Kap and seem pretty intent to wait it out a bit more to try and get it

we were certainly helped wtih Ostweiler signing with Houston.

yes, Denver's window is still 'sort of open', so they are more desperate to fill in a QB. Kaep isn't their answer either, but at least he has name recognition for Bronco fans.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yes, Denver's window is still 'sort of open', so they are more desperate to fill in a QB. Kaep isn't their answer either, but at least he has name recognition for Bronco fans.

I would take that 2nd if it is offered as long as he's not in a) our division, or b) preferably in the NFC. It would open up a lot of different draft strategies assuming Baalke doesn't buy the farm again during the draft.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would take that 2nd if it is offered as long as he's not in a) our division, or b) preferably in the NFC. It would open up a lot of different draft strategies assuming Baalke doesn't buy the farm again during the draft.

i would take a 2nd rounder from anybody.

Kaep doesn't have enough passing skills, and wasn't consistent last TWO years. i would not be worried he'll all of a sudden return to 2012 form. In fact, i would want the LA Rams to sign him.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know about long term answer but I think that is the best situation for him to succeed again. With their D and a decent running game he won't need to try and carry the team. If they are able to provide really good pass blocking that would also help. Kap has a slow release and doesn't process things quickly. He needs that extra time

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would take a 2nd rounder from anybody.

Kaep doesn't have enough passing skills, and wasn't consistent last TWO years. i would not be worried he'll all of a sudden return to 2012 form. In fact, i would want the LA Rams to sign him.

I think behind a decent Oline he has the potential to grow a bit as a passer. He was banged up, misused, and played with half a decent line last season. That said, with his agents request to ask for a trade, his time here is done so we need to get the highest value pick for him in a barren QB free agent market. As long as we have teams hedging trades against each other we should end up fine. If it strings out and we lose him to free agency...yea that would be a worst case scenario.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We trade Kap we draft Goff at #7. Then with 2 2nd rd picks we can go WR, CB, or LB or Pass rusher with the 2 picks. Opens the draft a little for us.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We trade Kap we draft Goff at #7. Then with 2 2nd rd picks we can go WR, CB, or LB or Pass rusher with the 2 picks. Opens the draft a little for us.

Yep...exaaaaaactly what I was thinking...if we trade Kaep, get Goff...we have a lot of ammo and there are a lot of great mid//late round talents available.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope its a 2nd rd pick. If they trade him 49ers will draft a QB with the #7 pick unless they sign RG3 then I can see them taking one in the 2nd rd. All depends I guess.

The only reason I can see why we didn't sign a good OLmen is because they are sold on Stanley maybe.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
“Goff is the most polished quarterback in the draft as far as throwing mechanics. What I like about Goff is his really quick release and innate feel in the pocket. That is something that you either have or you don’t,” Mayock said. “It is a critical determining factor in whether a quarterback can translate to the NFL. Can he slide, move and read progressions with his eyes up and make the plays that need to be made?”

To me, passing skills is by far the biggest factor for an NFL QB. A quick release and innate feel in the pocket that can't be taught, is better yet. Even if the prospect doesn't fit the NFL prototype physically (shorter, lighter, heavy, slow, etc.), if he can pass the ball, he'll succeed.

Can't deny Wentz or even Lynch have a higher ceiling than Goff, but i don't get why? Being taller and heavier isn't enough justification for me.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Goff is the most polished quarterback in the draft as far as throwing mechanics. What I like about Goff is his really quick release and innate feel in the pocket. That is something that you either have or you don’t,” Mayock said. “It is a critical determining factor in whether a quarterback can translate to the NFL. Can he slide, move and read progressions with his eyes up and make the plays that need to be made?”

To me, passing skills is by far the biggest factor for an NFL QB. A quick release and innate feel in the pocket that can't be taught, is better yet. Even if the prospect doesn't fit the NFL prototype physically (shorter, lighter, heavy, slow, etc.), if he can pass the ball, he'll succeed.

Can't deny Wentz or even Lynch have a higher ceiling than Goff, but i don't get why? Being taller and heavier isn't enough justification for me.

I like what I've seen from Goff particularly, and think that Wentz will serve as a decent pro but...I just watched a Gruden QB camp with Cook, Adams, and Hogan, working with Warner as well. They all looked pretty sharp in drills, but it was said that Hogan was the most "ready NFL QB" in terms of football IQ and the offence he ran at Stanford. The only question was his size (6'4" 218), which seems a little nit picky to me. I think he'd be a steal a little later in the 2nd or 3rd and can sit for a year and get acclimated. He's has the most career starting wins under his belt in Stanford history and is a leader behind center.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams trading for #1 pick to grab a QB makes me think 49ers trade down now.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams trading for #1 pick to grab a QB makes me think 49ers trade down now.

I was thinking the same thing unless someone really good drops in their lap so even Baalke can't screw it up.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the same thing unless someone really good drops in their lap so even Baalke can't screw it up.
That is true. Outside shot to rade up to the Browns but after seeing what Tenn got I want no part of that. What the hell are the Rams doing. They just gave away their whole draft this year and next for a QB that would be in the top 10 if it was a good class.

I also dont like what Tenn did. Yes getting that many value picks is good for a bad team but damn you had a chance to grab a TOP LT to protect your franchise QB. Sucks for Tunsil he may drop to #6. Browns need a QB, SD needs D, Cowboys have no use for a LT right now, and Jacksonville drafted one last year. He can fall to Balt or better to the 49ers. Imagine if he falls to us. WOW

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams taking Wentz word is. Goff going #2 to the browns. Man if Tunsil falls to us I will go crazy. He is one of the best LT to come out in a long time. We can then trade AD or move him to Guard. Our Oline would be stacked again.