• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers Draft Poll:

Who would you like the 49ers to Draft

• QB Jared Goff

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • QB Carsen Wentz

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • QB Paxton Lynch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OT Ronnie Stanley

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • OLB Myles Jack

• DE Deforest Buckner

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • DE Shaq Lawson

• CB Vernon Hargreaves

• WR Laquon Treadwell

• CB Jalen Ramsey

• Other: Please post who you would like.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of which QB is drafted, I would like to see that QB sit at least a year.

Preferably. If not, at least start off on the bench. Please don't start him against a good front four like we did when we gave Alex his first start. Maybe we can wait for a New Orleans or Chicago like defense like Kaepernick got. Chicago was good, but a lot of that was stripping the ball defense or coverage, not so much pass rush.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have any illusions about getting a #1 for Kap, but when I hear speculation about a 4th (or worse) that just seems a little crazy to me.

I felt the same when people were reporting a single low pick for Alex (Mortensen and Shefter among them), but we got two seconds when it was more clear with Smith than Kaepernick that we didn't want to keep both financially (though Harbaugh reportedly did want to keep both, but not sure of the motivations; I will presume having a good backup with the cap room we had was a good thing).

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Voted for Stanley. No matter who we have at QB, if we trot out the same preposterous line we did last year, or anything close to it, we're going to have huge problems. And besides, as long as Baalke and Chip claim that they want to give Kap another chance, then no point drafting a QB. (Maybe I'm naïve to believe anything they say.) If we sign 1 or 2 free agent offensive linemen and/or we jettison either Kap or Gabbert, then the equation changes.

Actually, truth be told...a guy I really like is Eli Apple. But 7 is probably too high for him, and anyway we have more pressing needs than CB. Not that we have Deion Sanders or anything like him back there.

There's a point to drafting a QB even IF Baalke want to give Kaepernick another chance - but maybe not in the first round. We might want Kaepernick to do what Smith did for Kaepernick (not literally, as I wouldn't ask Kaepernick to mentor anyone.)

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preferably. If not, at least start off on the bench. Please don't start him against a good front four like we did when we gave Alex his first start. Maybe we can wait for a New Orleans or Chicago like defense like Kaepernick got. Chicago was good, but a lot of that was stripping the ball defense or coverage, not so much pass rush.
I think Smith was okay until his second year when Hostler took over as OC. That was a disaster.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I would go QB in the 2nd or 3rd rd if they think Kap might be done. Not 1st rd. Too many needs.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is the way i'd look at Goff, Wentz or other QB at #7. IF Baalke and staff feels that certain propect is THE QB for us, i'd draft him #7 even if Kaep is on the roster. Odds are high we will NOT be in this situation, but point is don't pass on "your QB of the future".

BTW - If LATER he doesn't pan out, that is another topic -> poor evaluation skills.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i voted for goff, there is no way we go into the season with gabbert and kap as our only qb options.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd rd. No way we take a Qb with the #7 pick with all the needs we have. U never know with this front office.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given that QB is a need.....

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd rd. No way we take a Qb with the #7 pick with all the needs we have. U never know with this front office.

the qb class is not deep enough for the team to wait until the 2nd or 3rd rd to fill that hole when many of our other holes can be filled during free agency.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the qb class is not deep enough for the team to wait until the 2nd or 3rd rd to fill that hole when many of our other holes can be filled during free agency.
I agree, but the top QBs aren't great either.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think goff is the guy pairing him with chip i think would make a very good combination.
I like Goff Ceiling but he also have Big Bust potential.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Goff Ceiling but he also have Big Bust potential.

Everyone in the first round has big bust potential but honestly i would rather swing and miss on a qb that may be a huge game changer for us than swing and miss on a de which honestly has less impact on winning percentages than a qb.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Everyone in the first round has big bust potential but honestly i would rather swing and miss on a qb that may be a huge game changer for us than swing and miss on a de which honestly has less impact on winning percentages than a qb.

well said.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This. Besides....picking @ #7 might give us the best opportunity to get a QB that Kelly wants. Certainly a better option than picking in the middle of the pack, and trading entire drafts to move up at or near the top and get a guy who may bust....or just relying on hoping a third rounder pans out.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Even better, Goff doesn't appear to be a "swing and miss"?

Granted, nobody can measure "decision making", and other intangibles. But he looks as good a prospect we can draft.

Last edited:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very understandable, 1 problem we have an 11 mill dollar QB right now on the roster who our new coach never coached before who he might like. So what happens Kap does well this year. Then we just wasted an 1st rd #7 pick on trade bait. last example of a play like that was the chargers when they had brees and drafted Rivers. Brees went on to win a super bowl and Rivers is a above avg who hasnt dont anything special.

Lets see what happens with Free agency. If we sign a DE and a CB then it will change my mind on who to take.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even better, Goff doesn't appear to be a "swing and miss"?

Granted, nobody can measure "decision making", and other intangibles. But he looks as good a prospect we can draft.
Except for the many Ints he threw. I agree he did get much better later in the year.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Very understandable, 1 problem we have an 11 mill dollar QB right now on the roster who our new coach never coached before who he might like. So what happens Kap does well this year. Then we just wasted an 1st rd #7 pick on trade bait. last example of a play like that was the chargers when they had brees and drafted Rivers. Brees went on to win a super bowl and Rivers is a above avg who hasnt dont anything special.

Lets see what happens with Free agency. If we sign a DE and a CB then it will change my mind on who to take.

Kaep is gone one way or another. We fans obviously want a trade, but we'll see?

Because no team should keep a player that doesn't want to be there, no team. More so if its the QB.