• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

46n2's Conference Projections (5/18/2012)

iv_hokie12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, nobody knows shit other than what I have already said. VT has received a lot of calls and have made some calls of their own. Al the calls have been between teams as calls between a team and another conference would be a breach of contract.

So then how do these things get going? Wouldn't FSU and Clemson be breaching their contract now?

WoodyHayes1951

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincinnati will NEVER get a Big Ten invite in their present academic state.

I don't know what they would add even if they were the Harvard of the Tri-State

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused. You are saying VT, GT, FSU, Clemson, Rutgers, NC, and Duke. That's seven more teams. Are you saying to go past 16 teams?

Only if it's inevitable. If we seal off that corridor, though, we can make a play at a lot of different teams. Hell. Maybe forget Clemson, and once we've secured VT, GT, FSU, Rutgers, NC, Duke.....we call Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Kansas State, Notre Dame and hell...just for fun...Iowa State(lol). We now have 24 teams and we can handle shit our way if we have to do super conferences. We break up into 4 divisions, play 10 games so we can rotate non divisional opponents around, conference playoffs, national playoffs....done.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if it's inevitable. If we seal off that corridor, though, we can make a play at a lot of different teams. Hell. Maybe forget Clemson, and once we've secured VT, GT, FSU, Rutgers, NC, Duke.....we call Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Kansas State, Notre Dame and hell...just for fun...Iowa State(lol). We now have 24 teams and we can handle shit our way if we have to do super conferences. We break up into 4 divisions, play 10 games so we can rotate non divisional opponents around, conference playoffs, national playoffs....done.

Ahhh shit I forgot about TT and Okie Light.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:dizzy: :drink: :lol:

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pod 1---texas,baylor,tcu,tech
pod 2---ou,osu,ku,ksu
pod 3---nd,isu,pitt,wvu
pod 4--vt,fsu,clem,gt

go to a 10 game conference schedule(superconferences you wont need many ooc games) 3 games in your pod then 2 teams from each pod on a rotation....and one permanent rival......watch the money rain in and everyone plays each other oftenand you dont get that nonsense where you dont play someone in your conference for 6 years

so texas would play lets say in 2013...baylor,tcu,tech,ou(permanent game),nd,isu,vt,gt,ku,ksu

then after the home/away in 2015...baylor,tcu,tech,ou,pitt,wvu,fsu,clem,osu,...
and this part would have to be worked out because there will be an odd rotation with the pod you have your permanent rival in...maybe you just get an extra ooc every 2 years?

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ahhh shit I forgot about TT and Okie Light.

LOL....yeah, let's take the top 64 teams into the B1G and rule college football!!!!! ;)

I like it....get it done Delaney!

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
may 30th----big 12 meetings

june 15th-----new big 12 commish takes office

aug 15th---deadline for teams to request to leave the acc

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
may 30th----big 12 meetings

june 15th-----new big 12 commish takes office

aug 15th---deadline for teams to request to leave the acc

Who is going to be the new Big XII commish?

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well like I was saying. If we can make the next big move before everyone goes super conference and grabs their preferred schools...

We could make out pretty big, if you ask me. 24 teams...4 divisions maybe looking like this...

Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas, Kansas State

Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Notre Dame

Michigan, Michigan State, Indiana, Illinois, Purdue, Ohio State

Penn State, Rutgers, VT, FSU, GT, Virginia?

9 conference games, 6 divisional 3 rotating or rivalry. Conference playoffs, 4 teams, seeded by conference record. I see this as a pretty big win.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL....yeah, let's take the top 64 teams into the B1G and rule college football!!!!! ;)

I like it....get it done Delaney!

LOL

I really do hate the super conference thing. But I'm worried that if it happens....B1G will end up looking like the lame duck. It really feels to me like the Big 12 is trying to sneak their way up to 20.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bob bowlsby..stanfords AD(old ad :D)

So it's not DeLoss Dodds????

......sorry, couldn't resist......:P

Hopefully he does well and brings some stability to the conference.