• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

42 yard PAT

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree… There talking about eliminating kickoffs all together and I"m like WTF! Kickoffs are one of the most exciting play's in football and as it sits now because they moved the kickoff closer half the time it goes out of the end zone anyway…. They need to stop tinkering so dam much… This is tradition and football is the most popular sport for a reason… STOP TINKERING so dam much…. No reason for it.. I mean I'm open for little changes that can make the game better but not ridiculous changes that make no @#$^ing sense…

Goodell has done everything he can to turn the players and fans into a bunch of pussies with all of the rule changes.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually ok with this. Why should any scoring play be as easy as the current PAT? These are professional athletes. Scoring points should be difficult.

The current PAT is absolutely pointless. LOL, a pun.

:agree: There is no purpose in the extra point any longer... back em up.

In fact, what would be even better is to leave the decision up to the team:

(referring to ball placement not LOS)

From the 15: 1 pt
From the 30: 2 pts
From the 45: 3 pts
From the 60: 4 pts

That would make the game interesting. Completely change how you chose kickers as well...

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many of you are staying things along the lines of "if it's not broke..." or "it's perfect the way it is".

The fact is that the PAT IS broken. It's by far the most boring play in football outside the victory formation. It's been the same for 102 years, which would be fine, except for example in 1932 the chances of making a PAT were 67%.

It IS broke. It will be fixed.

Are any of you old enough to remember the debate on instant replay. There were a lot of "it ain't broke" comments then too. Now we're looking for even more replay.

Times change. Certain aspects of football need to change to keep up.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do find it funny that kickers are crying about it though

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To quote Ron Wolf

"Don't take the foot out of football"

Enough already!!!!

I would actually would like to see fg kickers removed from the game.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the idea of an awesome, game-tying, 2-minute drill touchdown being nullified by a missed PAT.

Sure, its possible now, (cough* Romo *ahem)... but with this rule it would happen all the time.

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many of you are staying things along the lines of "if it's not broke..." or "it's perfect the way it is".

The fact is that the PAT IS broken. It's by far the most boring play in football outside the victory formation.

If you are winning the victory formation is the greatest play in football.

I've this idea floated around. Give the kicking team the option of going for the 19 yard try for 1 point or backing it up to 45-50 yards for 2 points. That could add another dynamic to the game, FG's at that range are not automatic. Like most though, I think the game is great the way it is.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fact is that the PAT IS broken. It's by far the most boring play in football outside the victory formation. It's been the same for 102 years, which would be fine, except for example in 1932 the chances of making a PAT were 67%.

Are any of you old enough to remember the debate on instant replay. There were a lot of "it ain't broke" comments then too. Now we're looking for even more replay.

Nothing worse then having a game come down to a kicker performing. I rather they just get rid of kicking before raising the importance of a kicker making a kick...or missing. I fine with boring automatic extra points.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, it's not broken. It's not automatic, teams have lost on a missed extra point, and if you don't like it, fuck you. Leave it the fuck alone.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's not broken. It's not automatic, teams have lost on a missed extra point, and if you don't like it, fuck you. Leave it the fuck alone.

:thumb:

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's not broken. It's not automatic, teams have lost on a missed extra point

It IS automatic. It simply IS.

Please, list the handful of games decided by a missed extra point. I can think of 1 in the last 10 years, and that's only because I've been researching shitty extra point crap because of all the talk since November. Before then, I wouldn't have been able to name even one.

I'm MUCH more in favor of automatic extra points than I am about this push it back nonsense. But, if nothing else the longer extra point would at least be interesting again.

If you don't agree with me, then.....forget it.:wtf2:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Please, list the handful of games decided by a missed extra point. I can think of 1 in the last 10 years, and that's only because I've been researching shitty extra point crap because of all the talk since November. Before then, I wouldn't have been able to name even one.

BoBlake...do you really want a game to come down to kicking? I don't.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And did you see my point about people sounding just like you regarding instant replay?

Where did you stand on that back then....wait, you're not even old enough are you? Well, believe me, you sound just like they did, and just as antiquated.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BoBlake...do you really want a game to come down to kicking? I don't.

I threw in an edit that you missed on the quote.

"I'm MUCH more in favor of automatic extra points than I am about this push it back nonsense. But, if nothing else the longer extra point would at least be interesting again."

I'd rather see interesting scoring than boring scoring.

And honestly, it'd take away some scoring from the offense and defense even more important.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And did you see my point about people sounding just like you regarding instant replay?

Where did you stand on that back then....wait, you're not even old enough are you? Well, believe me, you sound just like they did, and just as antiquated.

Don't be insulting BoBlake just because we are disagreeing here. I'm plenty old enough to remember the debate on replay and was all for it. I'm just not in favor of adding importance to kicking.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be insulting BoBlake just because we are disagreeing here. I'm plenty old enough to remember the debate on replay and was all for it. I'm just not in favor of adding importance to kicking.

That was to JDM. The guy who told me to fuck off (essentially).

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm MUCH more in favor of automatic extra points than I am about this push it back nonsense. But, if nothing else the longer extra point would at least be interesting again.

It's not. It's high percentage, but it is intended to be high percentage. It is part of the reward for scoring a touchdown. You can pass up the relatively easy point for the chance at two, and this is perfection.

Seriously, leave football alone. Go ruin some shitty sport that already blows, and stay the fuck out of a real one.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious though about all the other rule changes in football, you know the ones that have deliberately tried to ruin football. Like these....

Salary Cap
League Expansion
Unsportsmanlike conduct
Roughing the passer
The challenge flag
Rules hampering defenses
Current overtime rules
The addition of the 2pt conversion
The 45 second playclock

I could go on, but I think you get my point (many changes happen, the game of football is more popular than ever).

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm calm. Promoting ruining the sport is unacceptable.