• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

42 yard PAT

BritishDolfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It IS automatic. It simply IS.

Please, list the handful of games decided by a missed extra point. I can think of 1 in the last 10 years, and that's only because I've been researching shitty extra point crap because of all the talk since November. Before then, I wouldn't have been able to name even one.

Only one I remember is a Dolphins game from '04 where they missed an XP on the first score and lost by a point.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, well we're still at 1 game because the one I was thinking of happened in 2003, and that's 11 years ago.

:laugh3:

Any score that is guaranteed to happen 99.61% of the time needs to be made automatic or made more difficult.

Most boring play EVAH!!!

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it doesn't. Leave it the fuck alone.

It's not guaranteed to happen. The team can go for two.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not guaranteed to happen. The team can go for two.

Who's saying that they should take away the 2 point conversion?? NO ONE. STRAW MAN.

The EXTRA POINT (1 point, not 2) is a virtual guarantee. It IS. It can't be any more clear.

99.61% of the time it's made. If you had that much certainty on anything in your life, it'd be such a no-brainer decision that it would be made automatically. It's as automatic as hitting the urinal inbetween quarters (hell, it may even be easier for a pro kicker to make an extra point).

I get you don't want it changed, but you have absolutely no argument that the extra point is in any way an exciting play. It's a virtual lock. 4 misses in 1,000 tries. Four. In. A. THOUSAND.

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the same play. Moving the ball depending on their choice takes away options from the scoring team. And the extra point is supposed to be near automatic. It's not guaranteed. 99.61 is not 100. It's like a gimme put. It's the reward for the position you put yourself in.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the extra point is supposed to be near automatic. It's not guaranteed. 99.61 is not 100. It's like a gimme put. It's the reward for the position you put yourself in.

Why do you keep saying this? Was it a gimme putt in 1902 when it was invented? It was never "supposed" to be near automatic. In 1932 it was 67%. It has only been close to automatic in the last 20 years. Even back in 1990 it was at least 95%. Now it's just ridiculous.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What percentage of fans always stick around to watch the XP never leaving the room the tv is in until it is kicked? That's what this is about or should be, it's not about the importance of kicking. In the rare event the anticipated XP is missed and can change the game's outcome those fans are flummoxed.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it's true. It is supposed to be near automatic. It's an extra point you can get for scoring a touchdown. It is what distinguishes that touchdown from two field goals. It is not supposed to be "hard".

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it's true. It is supposed to be near automatic. It's an extra point you can get for scoring a touchdown. It is what distinguishes that touchdown from two field goals. It is not supposed to be "hard".

It is the definition of NOT true. That is NOT how it was in 1902 when it was instituted. Unfortunately, I don't have stats for back that far.

I HAVE seen stats for 1932 that show the success rate at 67% Was it supposed to be automatic back then too? Is 67% the new "automatic"?

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What percentage of fans always stick around to watch the XP never leaving the room the tv is in until it is kicked? That's what this is about or should be, it's not about the importance of kicking. In the rare event the anticipated XP is missed and can change the game's outcome those fans are flummoxed.

Exactly, for a league how is getting pressure about games being too long, getting slowed down and more bogged down by things like instant replay, they are looking at parts of the game that are BORING AS FUCK!

Can anyone name a more boring play in football than the extra point? I don't even know the last time I watched one happen.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BoBlake...do you really want a game to come down to kicking? I don't.

So you are in opposition of pat and fgs? Just want to be clear here. Because many, many games boil down to a last second fg.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are in opposition of pat and fgs? Just want to be clear here. Because many, many games boil down to a last second fg.

I think it's best they just leave as is. I'm not looking for drama out the extra point.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, for a league how is getting pressure about games being too long, getting slowed down and more bogged down by things like instant replay, they are looking at parts of the game that are BORING AS FUCK!

Can anyone name a more boring play in football than the extra point? I don't even know the last time I watched one happen.

I always found it to be a great time to hit the can, dang usually I've been holding that stream of pee for a while. What the hell would I do if they make it worth sticking around and watching? I might have to give up drinking beer while watching football...that would be a crime!