• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 4) Houston Rockets vs 5) Utah Jazz

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this case the one who thought games might be fixed a little to extend the series when the following was said.....Should have made the bet.

When your playing against those odds you have little chance. The NBA don't make money on sweeps. That's why they are rare.

Want to make a 5k bet on the next game in the series?
Are you betting that Utah wins? If not then why ask that dumb question?
I don't think there's a person here that thinks Utah is winning this series OR tonight for that matter.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you betting that Utah wins? If not then why ask that dumb question?
I don't think there's a person here that thinks Utah is winning this series OR tonight for that matter.
I get you can be slow at times, and no way you'll admit it here....but that was not my question (note where I mentioned the person who said the following). I also thought it was foolish. Hence, why I said conspiracies are foolish in this case.

As I said the first time it was brought up....agreeing with you.

But, yeah, I'm the one who likes to argue.

Haven't said it for a while but ya gotta love this forum.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get you can be slow at times, and no way you'll admit it here....but that was not my question (note where I mentioned the person who said the following). I also thought it was foolish. Hence, why I said conspiracies are foolish in this case.

As I said the first time it was brought up....agreeing with you.

But, yeah, I'm the one who likes to argue.

Haven't said it for a while but ya gotta love this forum.
You didn't ask me if I wanna bet 5k on the next game??
Dude, take your pompous crap & GTFOH.
You are the slow one & NEVER let crap go. Some people...I swear. You are approaching wiggy level of stupid.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't ask me if I wanna bet 5k on the next game??
Dude, take your pompous crap & GTFOH.
You are the slow one & NEVER let crap go. Some people...I swear. You are approaching wiggy level of stupid.
No, I did not. The poster who replied to you (to whom I replied about the first time agreeing with you) offered you a bet insinuating the NBA will fix the games and the series will not end last night.

I said you should have taken the bet (his bet).

No need to get upset because you couldn't follow along. I'm only trying to help ya.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweeps are not that rare. We see at least one in every post season. Sometimes a team can even sweep multiple times in the post season

#WarriorsLife
Here was the comment to which I replied with the following - what's "not rare" is for Conspiracy Guy not being able to come up with a reason for a fix.

The conspiracy guy was the one you replied to who seemed to think sweeps are rare and the NBA makes sure they never happened. You correctly explained that wasn't the case. I agreed with you.

I probably didn't explain what I meant so well thinking you'd understand (and I don't mean that as an insult).

But you did what you do and decided, hey, it's dt, better argue with him.

#irony

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here was the comment to which I replied with the following - what's "not rare" is for Conspiracy Guy not being able to come up with a reason for a fix.

The conspiracy guy was the one you replied to who seemed to think sweeps are rare and the NBA makes sure they never happened. You correctly explained that wasn't the case. I agreed with you.

I probably didn't explain what I meant so well thinking you'd understand (and I don't mean that as an insult).

But you did what you do and decided, hey, it's dt, better argue with him.

#irony
Stop with the "hey, it's dt, better argue with him" crap. You argue for 20+ pages then have to nerve to say other people argue.

And no, you didn't articulate well in that post. There are quote buttons on the bottom of the page for a reason. If you choose not to use the quote button (in this case the +quote button would've been the best choice) then at the very least use quotation marks so that the reader knows THOSE ARE NOT YOUR WORDS. And you have nerve to say I'm slow. SMH

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop with the "hey, it's dt, better argue with him" crap. You argue for 20+ pages then have to nerve to say other people argue.

And no, you didn't articulate well in that post. There are quote buttons on the bottom of the page for a reason. If you choose not to use the quote button (in this case the +quote button would've been the best choice) then at the very least use quotation marks so that the reader knows THOSE ARE NOT YOUR WORDS. And you have nerve to say I'm slow. SMH
want me to stop, then stop being that guy.....

I italicized them, but nice try.

You made a comment, I agreed, you did what you usually did and tried to start an argument, all the while telling me it's what I do.

Now you will go back and forth in this debate all the while telling me that's what I do.

You are priceless.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I did not. The poster who replied to you (to whom I replied about the first time agreeing with you) offered you a bet insinuating the NBA will fix the games and the series will not end last night.

I said you should have taken the bet (his bet).

No need to get upset because you couldn't follow along. I'm only trying to help ya.

Just leave her alone, man. LAD is good peeps. Anyway, if I were betting on this, I would bet on Utah. +300 odds right now. No one thinks the Jazz are probable winners tonight, but it's not crazy to think that their chances of winning are better than 25%. Betting on the Rockets just wouldn't be any fun. You have to bet $400 to win $100 or sweat it out with a 8.5 point spread.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
want me to stop, then stop being that guy.....

I italicized them, but nice try.

You made a comment, I agreed, you did what you usually did and tried to start an argument, all the while telling me it's what I do.

Now you will go back and forth in this debate all the while telling me that's what I do.

You are priceless.
So let me get this straight.

Even though you failed to articulate in your post it is me who is slow (your words) and thus trying to start an argument?? Hahaha you're too funny.

FTR, when you're trying to quote someone the correct punctuation are quotation marks & not italics (hence the word quotation marks).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me get this straight.

Even though you failed to articulate in your post it is me who is slow (your words) and thus trying to start an argument?? Hahaha you're too funny.

FTR, when you're trying to quote someone the correct punctuation are quotation marks & not italics (hence the word quotation marks).
One could also say here is what he said, then print what he said and just figure you'd know.

But one more time.....you called out the poster for thinking games are fixed and that sweeps happen all the time. I agreed with you.

You ended up having a hissy fit.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just leave her alone, man. LAD is good peeps. Anyway, if I were betting on this, I would bet on Utah. +300 odds right now. No one thinks the Jazz are probable winners tonight, but it's not crazy to think that their chances of winning are better than 25%. Betting on the Rockets just wouldn't be any fun. You have to bet $400 to win $100 or sweat it out with a 8.5 point spread.
Good strategy. I think if Houston wins a blowout is likely. Might as well make it interesting and take Utah with the money line.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One could also say here is what he said, then print what he said and just figure you'd know.

But one more time.....you called out the poster for thinking games are fixed and that sweeps happen all the time. I agreed with you.

You ended up having a hissy fit.
You crack me up when you project your behavior onto others.

You were the one having the hissy fit...as you saw fit to respond with insults. I am only returning the favor.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone wanna get in an argument?:hope:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon, guy and lady! Let's just squash it. Okay?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You crack me up when you project your behavior onto others.

You were the one having the hissy fit...as you saw fit to respond with insults. I am only returning the favor.
all good on my end. You wanted to start an argument as you are wont to do with me. when I agreed with you that sweeps are not rare.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking Hou will close this out. I think it's important to them to try to get some rest before they match up w/ GS in the next round.

And it could be problematic if they lose tonight while GS wins & gets a few days rest. Iggy in particular would benefit from a few days rest.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone wanna get in an argument?:hope:
lol you're doing it all wrong!!!

You will need to begin the process with a statement....then wait for likely responses of which you then reply with quotes from other posters without inserting the actual quotes and/or using quotation marks & then finish it off with calling those that don't recognize that you're quoting others slow.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good strategy. I think if Houston wins a blowout is likely. Might as well make it interesting and take Utah with the money line.

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing, but you never know. Taking the favorite and giving up the points seems to bite you in the final minute all the time, though.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol you're doing it all wrong!!!

You will need to begin the process with a statement....then wait for likely responses of which you then reply with quotes from other posters without inserting the actual quotes and/or using quotation marks & then finish it off with calling those that don't recognize that you're quoting others slow.

Those are too many rulz to follow. Can I just cut through all the mumbo jumbo & say you're wrong before we get this funky argument started? It's much easier that way.