• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

30 Team NBA Mock Draft DISCUSSION THREAD

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah W. Chandler and Burks were both on my radar. I wanted some wing flexibility and another scorer off the bench. I thought Chandler was more versatile being 6'8" and able to guard 2-4, but Burks is able to handle 1-3 for me off the bench. He's also a much better 3 point shooter, ball handler and gets to the rim very well. Thanks for not drafting him!

:lol:

I'm still mad I didn't take Chandler in the early 6th round. I was about to then started thinking about Rose and his durability and I wanted a solid backup. Damn lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me some time

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shanemansj13 still waiting for your suggestion on who would have been a better cornerstone at #24 than Reggie.

Like I said, all talk.

For years you've gone on and on about how it's a "fact" that Rose is overrated. Now, you think it's the steal of the century that you got him in the 4th round.

Newsflash to you and @tlance - You're not going to win any titles with present day-Derrick Rose as your lone ballhandler, regardless of whether you got him in the first or fourth round.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG- Deron Williams
SG- Jared Dudley
SF- Michael-Kidd Gilchrist
PF- LeBron James
C- Jonas Valunciunas

Bench
PF/C- Tristan Thompson
PG- Mathew Dellavadova

Sting- this is my lineup if you get a chance to edit at some point.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shanemansj13 still waiting for your suggestion on who would have been a better cornerstone at #24 than Reggie.

Like I said, all talk.

For years you've gone on and on about how it's a "fact" that Rose is overrated. Now, you think it's the steal of the century that you got him in the 4th round.

Newsflash to you and @tlance - You're not going to win any titles with present day-Derrick Rose as your lone ballhandler, regardless of whether you got him in the first or fourth round.
i wouldnt of taken Jackson that high- i think he was probably over drafted by about 10 picks or so- but its not a horrible pick

the next point guards taken were CJ McCollum, Mike Conley, Eric Bledsoe--- Reggie Jackson is not blown away by any of these guys....

I do have to say- I would have probably taken a 27 year old Kevin Love, or a 24 year old Draymond Green--- Marc Gasol is 31 but is probably the most complete center in the game but if your worried about age i could see passing him--- I PERSONALLY- would have taken, Draymond, Love, Giannis, Hayward, Horford, Aldridge probably Conley, over Jackson----- Jackson was probably over drafted but probably about a half-a-round, maybe a little less....thats not egregious if you really like the guy. Big picture- hes the 2nd best player on dEtroit- really solid scorer- point guard is pretty deep but there was a little run on PGs...its tough.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've decided that I'm just going to update all of the lineups in the team post once the draft is completed. Will need each team to send me a depth chart once this thing concludes then I'll punch it in.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ish Smith was one of the guys I was thinking about drafting with my next pick, but now with him off the board I'll have to narrow down my options.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wouldnt of taken Jackson that high- i think he was probably over drafted by about 10 picks or so- but its not a horrible pick

the next point guards taken were CJ McCollum, Mike Conley, Eric Bledsoe--- Reggie Jackson is not blown away by any of these guys....

I do have to say- I would have probably taken a 27 year old Kevin Love, or a 24 year old Draymond Green--- Marc Gasol is 31 but is probably the most complete center in the game but if your worried about age i could see passing him--- I PERSONALLY- would have taken, Draymond, Love, Giannis, Hayward, Horford, Aldridge probably Conley, over Jackson----- Jackson was probably over drafted but probably about a half-a-round, maybe a little less....thats not egregious if you really like the guy. Big picture- hes the 2nd best player on dEtroit- really solid scorer- point guard is pretty deep but there was a little run on PGs...its tough.

I would add half the players taken in the second round ahead of Jackson, including Middleton.

Jackson is a good player, but he is not a franchise difference maker. Obviously, neither is Derrick Rose, but again the issue is where you took Jackson vs. where he took Rose. I agree Rose is not bringing any titles home, but he was one of the top talents on the board at pick 117. I don't think you can say that about Jackson at pick 23.

As for Casspi, it is kind of unfair to criticize any picks at this point. In the 7th round, it is more about roster construction than talent. No, Casspi is not a great player, but he is a very efficient shooter and he rebounds fairly well.

I, for one am taking team chemistry very seriously. There is a long list of talented players I am trying to avoid. I was hoping Casspi would fall to me for my 8th pick because he is a very solid role player.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ish Smith was one of the guys I was thinking about drafting with my next pick, but now with him off the board I'll have to narrow down my options.

Ish was my backup plan if Chalmers did not make it to me.

Chalmers has actually shot the ball extremely well his year and is top 20 among all PGs is PER and is a solid defender. While not all that impressive as a starter, he makes a pretty good backup.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would add half the players taken in the second round ahead of Jackson, including Middleton.

Jackson is a good player, but he is not a franchise difference maker. Obviously, neither is Derrick Rose, but again the issue is where you took Jackson vs. where he took Rose. I agree Rose is not bringing any titles home, but he was one of the top talents on the board at pick 117. I don't think you can say that about Jackson at pick 23.

As for Casspi, it is kind of unfair to criticize any picks at this point. In the 7th round, it is more about roster construction than talent. No, Casspi is not a great player, but he is a very efficient shooter and he rebounds fairly well.

I, for one am taking team chemistry very seriously. There is a long list of talented players I am trying to avoid. I was hoping Casspi would fall to me for my 8th pick because he is a very solid role player.
Casspi is a great role player who is always hustling. He's not gonna lead the team in scoring but he'll help the team chemistry and has even turned into a good 3pt shooter this year. Good value late in the 6th round.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe!!!!

*drops mic

/thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like I said, all talk.

10 or 15 picks. No reason to name a list when I think you can figure it out by yourself. SF's are going pretty quick and Casspi is having a pretty good year. Shooting the 3 ball at 40%. Per 36 he is averaging 15 ppg and he is a very good rebounder, he has the length and size to defend, not great but a good fit for my team.

And DRose will get limited minutes. In the 4th round it is. Look at the other players got drafted around that time, yes it is good value. GL with your team, you will NEED it lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I need another good SF but I got Casspi bc I needed a good shooter. He has size and he is actually a great rebounder. He has the 4th highest rebounding rate for SF's. AD, Gasol, and Casspi give me great rebounding. Great defender in AD, Pau a good defender at the rim and Casspi is average but good length. Not expecting too much out of him except of course rebounding and another shooter

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if I should wait for mr.hockey to choose or just make my pick...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if I should wait for mr.hockey to choose or just make my pick...

I don't know.

He said he does not mind, but it could mess things up later if we start skipping people.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know.

He said he does not mind, but it could mess things up later if we start skipping people.
We definitely don't want to get into a pattern of people skipping picks, there was already a selection before their pick but I don't think that was a big deal. I don't mind waiting, but I know some people want the draft to go by as fast as possible. I just hope he doesn't take the guy I have in mind for my pick.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ericd7633 Good pick with Joffrey. I was going to grab him in one of the final three rounds if no one else noticed him.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shanemansj13 @tlance @WiggyRuss The reason I went with Jackson over a guy like DeRozan (an All-Star) at #24 was because I knew point guards would be at a premium. Draymond would have been my second choice there...