• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 3) Portland Trailblazers vs 6) OKC Thunder

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the point being, that shot and that spot was intended.

Yep and he made it very clear in his post game press conference. Not sure if everyone saw/read it but I'll post it now.

This is what Dame said about his thinking behind attempting that shot.

"I didn't want to put it into the referee hands," Lillard said. "Where if there was contact or maybe they get away with contact or I end up having to take a tougher shot because there was contact and they don't want to decide the game. So I was standing there looking at the rim and I was like this is a comfortable range."

Last week when Lillard was in Oklahoma City going through a workout, his trainer Phil Beckner suggested Lillard shoot a few deeps ones from near midcourt.

"He was like, 'You're gonna hit one of these,'" Lillard said. "He just kept saying, 'You gonna hit one of these' and when I was standing there I was like, 'I'm gonna shoot it.' [George] was a little bit off of me and I was [thinking] this was enough space for me just to raise up and shoot it for game."

Lillard on 37-foot buzzer shot: 'The last word'

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You probably should go back & watch that series.
RW basically shot them out of those last 3 games. And when he did decide to pass to KD it was very late in the shot clock. It wasn't pretty but most Dubs fans knew we had a chance because of RW.

And yes Russ had a bad game 7. He shot better than KD in 5 and 6.

Last edited:

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the point being, that shot and that spot was intended.

And if he misses the whole world is asking why the hell did Dame dribble out the entire clock to shoot a 37 footer

It's an amazing shot but you all are tripping

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I do. That would be ridiculous to say otherwise.

So because Dame has won one playoff series in the last three seasons Russ wishes he was as good?

I get Dame has played with subpar talent. I think Dame is a fantastic player. I would take Dame over Russ today.

But if they both retire tomorrow Russ had the better career and its not close. So I don't get the comment.
If you're talking individual accumin then obviously Russ is the better player.

But in the spirit of TEAM basketball-which is what this is- Russ can't seem to win despite playing with top talent. And so it should be said that RW is the only common denominator in connection with that team's lack of success.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Stakesarehigh KD shot 10-31 and Russ shot 10-27 in game 6 vs the Warriors.

I give KD slightly more blame because we're not used to seeing KD shoot so poorly. Russ on the other hand will shoot a similar % once a week in the regular season lol

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they were both at fault IMO....at least for game 6

That's fair.

And one stayed to try and figure it out.

One tucked tail and ran.

Theres still room in this league for a guy that can get to the rim at will like RW does to be a superstar. They need to surround him with better shooters than Jerami Grant and Terrence Ferguson. Nice percentages but those guys are not drawing a defense away from Russ. And Russ needs to better understand his limitations.

As I said I will take Dame over Russ if we are drafting a team for today.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fair.

And one stayed to try and figure it out.

One tucked tail and ran.

Theres still room in this league for a guy that can get to the rim at will like RW does to be a superstar. They need to surround him with better shooters than Jerami Grant and Terrence Ferguson. Nice percentages but those guys are not drawing a defense away from Russ. And Russ needs to better understand his limitations.

As I said I will take Dame over Russ if we are drafting a team for today.

Russ % will go up if he simply stop attempting 3's so often. That's not his game

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame this loss on the coach. Dame been shooting good all night & you don't double him up on that play? If I'm the coach someone other than Dame has to beat me on the last play of that game. SMH

He hit a 40 footer AND he was defended well. There is absolutely nothing you can do on that play. Have to give props to Dame and only Dame. That is just a great player making a great shot. Bad shot selection though.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hit a 40 footer AND he was defended well. There is absolutely nothing you can do on that play. Have to give props to Dame and only Dame. That is just a great player making a great shot. Bad shot selection though.

Well in the last two seasons at least, I've seen Dame increase his range on his 3 point attempts without really sacrificing makes. Is he in the discussion yet with Curry where it's arguable no shot he takes is a "bad" shot?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, it wasn't hard to figure out what Dame wanted to do on that possession. As much crap they been talking back n forth? Who thought he was gonna pass up the chance to crack their faces & kill their season? Lol

Oh, I know. Plus, for the Blazers, Dame is who they want taking the shot.

But I think most figured he'd beat them off the dribble, not launch from the rafters. lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad shot selection though.

I don't know. I mean, traditionally...I agree with you...it was a terrible shot.

But, (with apologies to @bksballer89 lol) Cowherd made an interesting point this morning. He said, "It's not a bad shot, it's a new shot".

Prior to Steph, that was a bad shot. But with the emergence of Steph, Klay, Dame and The Beard, it's how the game is played now or at least that's the direction it's headed.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ had scored forty plus In his last three close out games

OKC's biggest problem is they've surrounded a player like Russ with very few shooters.

Dame himself is a shooter.

And let's not act like Dame has crushed the playoffs. They got swept by new Orleans last year

The other Thunder players shot great last night, especially PG and Schroder. This sounds unbelievable, but if you take away Russ's 11/31 shooting from OKC's 47/86 shooting, then the rest of the Thunder shot 36/55 or 65.45%. Someone check my math on that. LOL.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He still had more success than Russ when you see what Russ has done without KD.

Last year was honestly the only letdown in the playoffs from Dame and look at how he's bouncing back

I think the Blazers make it past the Nuggets/Spurs into the WCF and take 1 from either GS or Houston.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in the last two seasons at least, I've seen Dame increase his range on his 3 point attempts without really sacrificing makes. Is he in the discussion yet with Curry where it's arguable no shot he takes is a "bad" shot?

Definitely, well at least this year. Lets just say to the normal bball player that was a bad shot.

Lillard >>> Curry and even you know this lol

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. I mean, traditionally...I agree with you...it was a terrible shot.

But, (with apologies to @bksballer89 lol) Cowherd made an interesting point this morning. He said, "It's not a bad shot, it's a new shot".

Prior to Steph, that was a bad shot. But with the emergence of Steph, Klay, Dame and The Beard, it's how the game is played now or at least that's the direction it's headed.

Yeah, and these guys all practice that shot in today's NBA. I was rooting for the Thunder last night, and I was definitely worried when I saw Dame start to rise up for that shot.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only players I see taking those deep of 3's and making them quite a bit are Steph and Lillard. There has to be a stat out there. It is a bad shot but to those two guys and only those 2 guys imo it isn't but still a stepback 40 footer. Cmon lol that is just sick

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely, well at least this year. Lets just say to the normal bball player that was a bad shot.

Lillard >>> Curry and even you know this lol

Curry was hitting 40 foot game winners over OKC long before Dame. We got the receipts.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lillard might be shooting from Curry range now but Curry’s shot still looks better. Lillard hits the rim way more. It’s more of a bullet while Curry’s kind of softly swishes in.