• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 3) Portland Trailblazers vs 6) OKC Thunder

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy to say all the time. Westbrook has mental problems. He can be very dynamic at times, but he's not a leader and doesn't make players around him better. I guarantee you George is sorry to be there.

There is nothing George knows now that he didn’t know when he made his decision so I disagree with you there.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is nothing George knows now that he didn’t know when he made his decision so I disagree with you there.

It's a shame it's being overshadowed but aside from those 2 missed freethrows, PG had an amazing game and overall a really great series. He was in the top 10 all year imo of players in the NBA.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LULZ

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lillard might be shooting from Curry range now but Curry’s shot still looks better. Lillard hits the rim way more. It’s more of a bullet while Curry’s kind of softly swishes in.

Curry is still significantly more consistent. I looked up Lillard's numbers, and I was surprised to see that he only shot 36.9% on threes this year and he is 36.8% for his career. He's actually never shot 40% in any of his seasons, while Curry's worst season was 41.1% and he is 43.6% for his career.

That said, I'm definitely very worried if Dame has the ball in his hand with a chance to win it.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Blazers make it past the Nuggets/Spurs into the WCF and take 1 from either GS or Houston.
I think they can upset Denver, but doubt they're getting past SA.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tentatively believed in OKC and picked them, but this series turned into a mess quickly for them.

An inconsistent franchise without any real direction they have become in the last 3 years.
The only consistent thing is "Westbrook World" doesn't add up to wins anymore.

That stuff was ignored by OKC fans when KD & Westbrook looked like guys who might win multiple titles.
And then even ignored it when Westbrook won their hearts of Oklahoma by choosing to stay with them.

But, the winning is no longer happening quite as much, and the other guys are starting to pick up his bad habits.

When do the OKC fans turn on Westbrook as well???

I wouldn't say it's the majority of Thunder fans, but I'm reading a lot of comments online from Thunder fans that Westbrook should be traded or that OKC can never win with him. Still, though, most Thunder fans seem to be putting the blame or most of the blame on Billy Donovan.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok unreal stat here, Russ missed 20 shots. The rest of the team missed 19.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I posted the percentages earlier, but I didn't look at it from the missed shot perspective. That's pretty crazy. Russ shot 11/31, while the rest of the team shot 36/55 or 65.45%.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say it's the majority of Thunder fans, but I'm reading a lot of comments online from Thunder fans that Westbrook should be traded or that OKC can never win with him. Still, though, most Thunder fans seem to be putting the blame or most of the blame on Billy Donovan.
I blame RW because at this point in his career he should know better.

but, there is enough blame for Donovan too. He needs to take the reigns back from RW at times. And, he should've been better prepared to defend Dame's last shot last night. Again, I've said the last few years they need a better coach.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As a Thunder fan, what would you like to see as the progression of your team towards next season?

I'd like to see the Thunder go out and add some real shooters to the roster. I'd also like to see them part with Billy Donovan and hire someone competent.

But I'd also challenge Westbrook in a different way. He's conquered the triple double but it seems like the best way to motivate him to give him a challenge no one else has done. John Stockton holds the record for most assists per game in a season at 14.5. I'd challenge Russ to go out and break that in record fashion. I think he's not only capable of that, but it would probably work in the best interest of the Thunder.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Thunder fan, what would you like to see as the progression of your team towards next season?

I'd like to see the Thunder go out and add some real shooters to the roster. I'd also like to see them part with Billy Donovan and hire someone competent.

But I'd also challenge Westbrook in a different way. He's conquered the triple double but it seems like the best way to motivate him to give him a challenge no one else has done. John Stockton holds the record for most assists per game in a season at 14.5. I'd challenge Russ to go out and break that in record fashion. I think he's not only capable of that, but it would probably work in the best interest of the Thunder.

There are enough problems for Presti to work on that’s for sure. Here is another, how do you pay Adams $25m to ride the bench the entire 4th quarter theclast 2 games? The shooters thing is Prestis biggest failure.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook is such an enigma, never been another like him. All I know is in the end it’s the coaches job to utilize talent and there are hall of famers, and I mean a ton of them, that wish they could get to the rim at will like Westbrook can.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Watching the game, I felt like Russ was actually looking to pass more and shoot less. I was kinda surprised that he wound up with 31 attempts. IIRC, there was one play where Russ was wide open for three and was already in the air when he decided to pass the ball.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are enough problems for Presti to work on that’s for sure. Here is another, how do you pay Adams $25m to ride the bench the entire 4th quarter theclast 2 games? The shooters thing is Prestis biggest failure.

Here's what I would actually like to see the Thunder going forward do with Westbrook:

Don Nelson during the We Believe era had an explosive, athletic and strong PG who also wasn't a very good shooter in Baron Davis. In order to help focus him when he got wild, what he'd do is occasionally throughout the game he'd put him in the post. By putting him in the post, it allowed him to get closer to the basket for better opportunities to take guys off the dribble or take small turn around jumpers on them. Additionally because he was a great passer he could facilitate out of the post as well. It benefited the team greatly in producing much more quality looks for everyone when things got out of hand.

I think this could be super beneficial to Westbrook. Put him on the Kobe diet and let him bulk up 10 pounds and have him work on his post game. Even bigger athletes who guard Westbrook won't be able to keep up generally with his explosiveness. It would reduce the amount of three's he took and also increase his efficiency with his play making.

Just one thought I had. It has it's challenges in today's NBA where we value the three, and would also require the Thunder to get some floor spacers, but it would also help with the athletes you already do have with weakside cutters.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook is such an enigma, never been another like him. All I know is in the end it’s the coaches job to utilize talent and there are hall of famers, and I mean a ton of them, that wish they could get to the rim at will like Westbrook can.

He's like Iverson. Talent on another level, but requires something different in order to win with him at a high level.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the game, I felt like Russ was actually looking to pass more and shoot less. I was kinda surprised that he wound up with 31 attempts. IIRC, there was one play where Russ was wide open for three and was already in the air when he decided to pass the ball.

I feel like Russ wants to play the "right" way, but it just doesn't come naturally to him. He's really a throw back SF in a PG in today's modern era. His greatest strength is also his greatest weakness as a player. It's that he's unstoppable when he's on. He only knows how to try to dominate a game instead of methodically chip away. The one speed thing with him is a real issue. He doesn't do a great job of picking and choosing his spots. People give Lebron a lot of shit for deferring, but imo, he's made the right play 95% of the time. It's because Lebron can see what needs to be done at a certain time and will figure a way to make it happen.