• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 3) Portland Trailblazers vs 6) OKC Thunder

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your metaphor is off. He's the shitty younger brother fish getting the castoffs the big fish doesn't want. With a new arena he'd make as.much or more. But then that's probably the issue, Seattle won't let him
No, my Metaphor is spot on.

He'd rather be Mike D from the Beastie Boys with a net worth near 100 mil over being Quavo with 10.

Everybody knows who Quavo is.

He's a big fish in the hip hop world.

Mike could be in front of you at the supermarket and you'd never notice.

100 mil > 10 mil

Math is easy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean, this summer is obviously huge for tjhe Clippers too--- they are already a solid team- if they add like Kawhi and another player or two theycould be great....with how much of a shit show the Lakers are there is an opportunity there.

having Jerry West to manage, Ballmer's pockets nad Lee Jenkins spinning a story is a pretty interesting combo if you mix in a Kawhi or a Kyrie or a Davis etc....

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean, this summer is obviously huge for tjhe Clippers too--- they are already a solid team- if they add like Kawhi and another player or two theycould be great....with how much of a shit show the Lakers are there is an opportunity there.

having Jerry West to manage, Ballmer's pockets nad Lee Jenkins spinning a story is a pretty interesting combo if you mix in a Kawhi or a Kyrie or a Davis etc....

I think Kawhi will stay put.

Both LA teams could be shit out of luck.

Ps. Yo, my Dame > Kyrie preference doesn't look so silly now, huh?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, my Metaphor is spot on.

He'd rather be Mike D from the Beastie Boys with a net worth near 100 mil over being Quavo with 10.

Everybody knows who Quavo is.

He's a big fish in the hip hop world.

Mike could be in front of you at the supermarket and you'd never notice.

100 mil > 10 mil

Math is easy.
Math is easy. Metaphors are harder than Chinese arithmetic

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Math is easy. Metaphors are harder than Chinese arithmetic
Only when you are being purposefully obtuse.

He can make way more money in Seattle and not be the Lakers' bitch. He'd be a hero up there. And he could spend as much of his time as he wanted in LA

Your words.

...and you are hella wrong about the money.

Being a Hero?

LMFAO

Who gives a shit about being Lord of the flies?

Plus, they'd still be the 3rd best sports attraction in town.

Seahawks, Storm, Clippers, Mariners.

Might as well stay in LA and get rich(er) if you are gonna be a afterthought anyway.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Dubs did pretty well competing in the Bay Area with that other more popular team, the, uh, wait I know this, the Kings?

Don't forget.....when they relocated west from Philly they played their home games here in SF at the Cow Palace & the Civic Auditorium for a few years before moving across the bay. Their fan base and popularity was nurtured here and eventually only got stronger.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you basing this on?

I get the being the Lakers bitch part.

But, financially?

I'm going to guess You've never been to LA Live.

I was there last Monday.

The Seattle area wouldn't be able to support that type of venue due to lack of support, pushback on traffic and lack of political support.

That Clippers are trying to break ground on a stadium, bars, restaurant, housing venue in LA County.

But, the Knicks own a venue in the same city and are blocking it.

Regardless, Clippers have a lease until 2024.

Why in God's name would they break it to play in a rundown key arena?

Yup.

There's nowhere in the downtown area (maybe by where the Seahawks and Mariners play) that a new arena could be built.

They'd have to tear down Key Arena and build that shit back up.

In terms of highways, Seattle's trying to expand by adding more highways across Lake Washington. But in the downtown area, there's absolutely zero room for expansion. I remember the vehicle taxes right before I left. I had a colleague who had moved to Texas with a brand new BMW M4. He would've had to pay $950 to renew his vehicle registration because they decided to tax you based off the MRP of your vehicle to help fund the highway expansion all over Seattle.

And yet.....I'm still likely moving back there.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to take this thread in a more positive direction. How long until Donovan is fired? Any answer containing a real timeframe is a good answer.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure Iverson is the right comparison. I like both players and dont really have any problems with either.

Iverson never ever had the surrounding that Westbrook did.
Iverson played that way, because he was essentially surrounded by a bunch of stiffs during his peak prime.

The Thunder have had some good players: Durant, Harden, Ibaka, Jackson, Oladipo, George, Adams, Kanter
And a bunch of solid NBA players: Martin, Sefolosha, Schroeder, Fisher, Perkins, Waiters, Augustine, Carmelo

It is actually quite staggering how many actual stars and solid NBA talent have played for OKC in the last decade.

Maybe it is coaching when you step back and take a closer look.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.

There's nowhere in the downtown area (maybe by where the Seahawks and Mariners play) that a new arena could be built.

They'd have to tear down Key Arena and build that shit back up.

In terms of highways, Seattle's trying to expand by adding more highways across Lake Washington. But in the downtown area, there's absolutely zero room for expansion. I remember the vehicle taxes right before I left. I had a colleague who had moved to Texas with a brand new BMW M4. He would've had to pay $950 to renew his vehicle registration because they decided to tax you based off the MRP of your vehicle to help fund the highway expansion all over Seattle.

And yet.....I'm still likely moving back there.
$950....thats t fucking brutal.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Balmer moving the Clips up to Seattle...that being said, I do think he wouldn't mind moving them down to Orange County (Anaheim).

As long as he remains in LA, his team will always be in the Lakers shadow and treated like a younger sibling.

He/they need their own place to call home w/o damaging/disenfranchising their current fan base...which would likely happen if they moved 2 states away.

Maybe there are some LAC fans here who can agree or debunk this?

I've been saying for years that the Clippers need to move to Anaheim. They used to play a couple of games at The Pond (now The Honda Center) every year and they were always better attended than any Clippers games in LA.

The Honda Center is within walking distance of Angel Stadium. There are already some good restaurants and a large movie theater there as well.

They could have a great sports/entertainment area that was built around the Angels, Clippers and Ducks. The Honda Center is a nice venue, but they would need to spend a little money to upgrade it a bit. But that would be a lot faster and less expensive than building a whole new arena.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it is coaching when you step back and take a closer look.

Could be but who knows? This is the 2nd coach with the same issue. To be fair they have not had any really good coaches yet

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be but who knows? This is the 2nd coach with the same issue. To be fair they have not had any really good coaches yet

We need to have Mark Jackson on ABC calling a game again soon, so he can tell the world how great Russell Westbrook is and subtly campaign for the Job.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp so much for all my suggestions in this thread....

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying for years that the Clippers need to move to Anaheim. They used to play a couple of games at The Pond (now The Honda Center) every year and they were always better attended than any Clippers games in LA.

The Honda Center is within walking distance of Angel Stadium. There are already some good restaurants and a large movie theater there as well.

They could have a great sports/entertainment area that was built around the Angels, Clippers and Ducks. The Honda Center is a nice venue, but they would need to spend a little money to upgrade it a bit. But that would be a lot faster and less expensive than building a whole new arena.
The Los Angeles Clippers of Anaheim!

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess Carlissimo doesn’t count either lol.