• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 3) Portland Trailblazers vs 6) OKC Thunder

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame RW because at this point in his career he should know better.

but, there is enough blame for Donovan too. He needs to take the reigns back from RW at times. And, he should've been better prepared to defend Dame's last shot last night. Again, I've said the last few years they need a better coach.
agree with ya on Russ, but pretty sure if you told OKC before the shot that Dame was gonna take a 37 footer with PG in his face ( a good defender) they'd have taken that over running an actual play.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Thunder fan, what would you like to see as the progression of your team towards next season?

I'd like to see the Thunder go out and add some real shooters to the roster. I'd also like to see them part with Billy Donovan and hire someone competent.

But I'd also challenge Westbrook in a different way. He's conquered the triple double but it seems like the best way to motivate him to give him a challenge no one else has done. John Stockton holds the record for most assists per game in a season at 14.5. I'd challenge Russ to go out and break that in record fashion. I think he's not only capable of that, but it would probably work in the best interest of the Thunder.
I get what you're saying but I just don't know. Seems to be more about making a pass that leads to an assist than maybe a pass that leads to the pass for the assist. That might make it worse.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. I sure hope Seattle gets a team soon. I started following sports in the mid-80's and I loved the Supersonics name and uniform as a kid. So cool.
For the thousandth time I'm gonna say the Clippers need to move there, and I still haven't gotten a good reason why they don't. Is it still a stadium issue?

Seems like Ballmer could finance it privately, like Lacob did with the Warriors. Lacob and the crew are going to make SO much money on that thing.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook is such an enigma, never been another like him. All I know is in the end it’s the coaches job to utilize talent and there are hall of famers, and I mean a ton of them, that wish they could get to the rim at will like Westbrook can.
Yeah...there are things he could change, for sure, but the idea they should trade him is just being in the moment, I think.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you're saying but I just don't know. Seems to be more about making a pass that leads to an assist than maybe a pass that leads to the pass for the assist. That might make it worse.

I don't really follow. So you're saying Russ needs to be the guy who makes the pass that leads to another pass resulting in an assist? I think you're being too results oriented in each individual play. After Russ makes the pass, it's out of his control. Though if he's continually looking to make optimal pass opportunities that's ultimately beneficial for the team, no?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the thousandth time I'm gonna say the Clippers need to move there, and I still haven't gotten a good reason why they don't. Is it still a stadium issue?

Seems like Ballmer could finance it privately, like Lacob did with the Warriors. Lacob and the crew are going to make SO much money on that thing.

I'm sure Ballmer would love to be the one to bring a team back to Seattle. If I were a Clippers fan, I'd be very suspicious of his ownership of the team.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if this has been mention yet but remember all those people who said Curry wasn't "injured" in the 2016 Finals, he played and scored points etc so he was fine?

Paul George says hold my beer. Same thing, he was out there, he made some shots, he played some D, but was he 100%, of course not. If he was that's a longer series at least.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Ballmer would love to be the one to bring a team back to Seattle. If I were a Clippers fan, I'd be very suspicious of his ownership of the team.
That's the only reason I can think of maybe he had to legally agree to not move the team. But I hope that's not true or it's not permanent, it makes too much sense

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really follow. So you're saying Russ needs to be the guy who makes the pass that leads to another pass resulting in an assist? I think you're being too results oriented in each individual play. After Russ makes the pass, it's out of his control. Though if he's continually looking to make optimal pass opportunities that's ultimately beneficial for the team, no?
Can't say I watch him a lot (and an OKC fan might tell me this is false) but what I'm saying is it seems like often he waits and waits until his pass can lead to an assist as opposed to getting rid of it sooner.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't say I watch him a lot (and an OKC fan might tell me this is false) but what I'm saying is it seems like often he waits and waits until his pass can lead to an assist as opposed to getting rid of it sooner.

I think it's not a flaw of stat hunting, I feel more its a flaw of his as a basketball player. In order to correct this flaw you have to give him a directive instead of a suggestion. Otherwise natural basketball instinct will kick in and Russ's first instinct is to score the ball.

If you channel his ability to get to the rim, with additional shot creation, it would limit some of the poor shots he takes and it would also create more opportunities within the game to get quality looks for his team. It's kind of an incremental baby step in trying to help him slow down from going 100 mph at all times.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's not a flaw of stat hunting, I feel more its a flaw of his as a basketball player. In order to correct this flaw you have to give him a directive instead of a suggestion. Otherwise natural basketball instinct will kick in and Russ's first instinct is to score the ball.

If you channel his ability to get to the rim, with additional shot creation, it would limit some of the poor shots he takes and it would also create more opportunities within the game to get quality looks for his team. It's kind of an incremental baby step in trying to help him slow down from going 100 mph at all times.
honestly he reminds me of Iverson in a lot of ways with his mentality and how he is an all time great player to watch and appreciate but his mental state is just too aggressive in some ways.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the only reason I can think of maybe he had to legally agree to not move the team. But I hope that's not true or it's not permanent, it makes too much sense
what hte fuck doees that guy care? I bet he likes being an LA....what can he get in Seattle that he cant get in LA? Why not just stay in LA?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly he reminds me of Iverson in a lot of ways with his mentality and how he is an all time great player to watch and appreciate but his mental state is just too aggressive in some ways.

Yeah I've been saying for a while now that my hate for Westbrook was always unfair because I loved Allen Iverson and they were extremely similar. Now people are finally starting to see that he's an all time talent, but flawed in a way that may prevent winning at the highest levels.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what hte fuck doees that guy care? I bet he likes being an LA....what can he get in Seattle that he cant get in LA? Why not just stay in LA?
Be the only game in town?

But you are correct...if he just likes being in LA that wont matter.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can make way more money in Seattle and not be the Lakers' bitch. He'd be a hero up there. And he could spend as much of his time as he wanted in LA

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lacob and the crew are going to make SO much money on that thing.

Hahaha...the new waterfront arena has pretty much already paid for itself or getting really damn close to paying for itself with the long waiting list of corporate advertiser$ and season ticket $ales lining up for years to come...and they haven't even played one game or held any event/concert there yet.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can make way more money in Seattle and not be the Lakers' bitch. He'd be a hero up there. And he could spend as much of his time as he wanted in LA
i dont think the guy cares about money at this point - i think hed rather just be able to mosey his way to the stadium everyday. I mean the team costed him so much because it was in LA in the first place.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think the guy cares about money at this point - i think hed rather just be able to mosey his way to the stadium everyday. I mean the team costed him so much because it was in LA in the first place.
You could be right, but I think it's a mistake to think uber rich guys don't want even more money. could he make more? who knows?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why not go way over the luxury tax threshold and hire all the FAs?

My point being, only some stupid reason like you are suggesting is preventing it. Makes too much sense to move

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why not go way over the luxury tax threshold and hire all the FAs?

My point being, only some stupid reason like you are suggesting is preventing it. Makes too much sense to move
some people just like to be in LA- and being hte owner of the Clippers give syou a status that other rich assholes just dont have

in Billions- when Axe is denied the chance to get a footbal lteam the guy said in America- getting a pro franchise is like geting "knighted" - its how we "knight" people over here---- to have a basketball team in LA is prob just status for him and he prob lives there and enjoys it.

Seattle is a cool place dont get me wrong, and as Ballmer made his immense loads of cash from microsoft id think hed have substantial ties there