• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round:Portland Trail Blazers (44-38) vs Golden State Warriors (73-9)

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it's not possible!!! If you outplay your opponent, then you win the game.

Sticking to the facts should help clarify this. All they are saying is that it is possible to trail most of the game and still win. Does that mean the Warriors got outplayed? It's a matter of opinion, but I would take the view that they got outplayed for longer periods of time, but that ultimately, they outplayed the Blazers with their composure later in the game.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sticking to the facts should help clarify this. All they are saying is that it is possible to trail most of the game and still win. Does that mean the Warriors got outplayed? It's a matter of opinion, but I would take the view that they got outplayed for longer periods of time, but that ultimately, they outplayed the Blazers with their composure later in the game.
Now IMO, this is the best comment on this subject. Good job!! And it means the Warriors outplayed Portland and won the series.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the Blazers were outplayed for the entirety of the game.

No, they weren't. You don't have a 13 point lead going into the 4th quarter by getting "outplayed for the entirety of the game." They outplayed the Lakers for the first 3 quarters of the game. That's why they had a 13 point going into the 4th quarter. The Lakers then outplayed them badly enough in the 4th quarter that it cost them the game. It's really not that difficult to understand.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you clearly aren't interested in discussing the actual topic.
What? The actual topic that we were/are dicussing is a team getting outplayed in the whole 4 quarters of a game. I am interested in discussing that toplc. Apparently you want to weasel out of this conversation by saying that I'm not interested. That's okay with me, if you don't agree with my opinion. By the way what is the "actual topic"?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? The actual topic that we were/are dicussing is a team getting outplayed in the whole 4 quarters of a game.

No, that wasn't the topic at all. The topic was a team getting outplayed for most of a game and still winning. You involved yourself in a discussion when you don't even know what the actual topic was. :L

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, that wasn't the topic at all. The topic was a team getting outplayed for most of a game and still winning. You involved yourself in a discussion when you don't even know what the actual topic was. :L
TF, fair enough. I'm going to move on, as we have different opinions. Have a great day. :-)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they weren't. You don't have a 13 point lead going into the 4th quarter by getting "outplayed for the entirety of the game." They outplayed the Lakers for the first 3 quarters of the game. That's why they had a 13 point going into the 4th quarter. The Lakers then outplayed them badly enough in the 4th quarter that it cost them the game. It's really not that difficult to understand.
Again, cherry picking. The Lakers out scored the Blazers in the second quarter, yet you have no problem lumping that into your sample-size and ignoring it.

If the game ended after the third quarter, than I would agree that the Blazers outplayed the Lakers. But it didn't and they didn't.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, cherry picking. The Lakers out scored the Blazers in the second quarter, yet you have no problem lumping that into your sample-size and ignoring it.

No, it isn't cherry picking. They outscored them by 4 points in the 2nd quarter, they led by 13 going into the 4th quarter. Therefore, they were outplayed for the majority of the game up to that point. They then outplayed the Blazers by enough in the 4th quarter to win the game.

I'm sorry this is so difficult for you to understand. I've explained it as best I can. At this point, you are either unwilling or unable to understand a very simple concept that everyone except you and one other person does. Either way, it's pretty obvious that discussing it further is a waste of time.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You insist that the Blazers outplayed the Lakers for 3 quarters. If this statement is true, based on the score after 3 quarters, than logically it MUST be true that the Lakers outplayed the Blazers for 4 quarters based on the same logic.

If you cannot see that, you are simply not logical. Apply the same logic to both arguments. There is only one conclusion you can come to.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You insist that the Blazers outplayed the Lakers for 3 quarters. If this statement is true, based on the score after 3 quarters, than logically it MUST be true that the Lakers outplayed the Blazers for 4 quarters based on the same logic.

If you cannot see that, you are simply not logical. Apply the same logic to both arguments. There is only one conclusion you can come to.

I've explained it to you. I can't understand it for you. It's a simple concept that everyone else on here except one other person understands. Unfortunately, for you 2, it's just far too complicated.