• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Memphis Grizzlies vs Golden State Warriors

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a little bit of varied offense

It is not entirely all jumpers. They can slash to the rim sometimes AND they do get freethrows.

But, it would definitely be the most jump shooting oriented team I can remember to win IF THEY WIN.

Maybe Dallas 2011?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BARKLEY is actually showing some restraint

He wants to boast and pat himself on the back

I think he might hate Golden State more than he did San Antonio the last 15 years

It's to obvious and I tell everyone here that all the time. Last year he said San Antonio would lose in the first round last year and that the clips were the best team in the nba

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so.

He always stated that he doesn't think jumpshooting team would win a championship. He thought the same of those Dwight Howard Magic teams that was a legit contender for 2-3 years

They needed more than Dwight to wins a title

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors were 5/23 on uncontested shots. 21%. Felt like we missed ally of open looks. Shot 48% on uncontested shots in game 1. Big difference tonight. Grizzlies did play good defense tonight though

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conley will become a cult hero if Memphis pulls this off. You slow the game down and don't turn the ball over and basically play ugly ball, that's how u beat the Warriors, a strictly-jumpshooting team.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We saw GS weakness, Bigs kill them. This will be an issue with the Clippers, Houston and the Bulls if they play any of them. Good win for Memphis. Curry had an off night. We are starting to see if Curry has an off night GS loses.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conley makes all the difference in the world. GS has weakness, but to beat them 4 games is another story. Memphis is the team that can do it.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We saw GS weakness, Bigs kill them. This will be an issue with the Clippers, Houston and the Bulls if they play any of them. Good win for Memphis. Curry had an off night. We are starting to see if Curry has an off night GS loses.

Gasol and zbo had good games but mike Conley had a great game that was the difference. Draymond and bogut did a decent job of defending. I don't agree on Houston and bulls, warriors would take care of both teams

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how people hop off the bandwagon once the warriors lose one game Lol

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Warriors took the Clippers to seven games last year with an injured Bogut and Ezili. Draymond Green had to play center and they still almost pulled it off.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors were 5/23 on uncontested shots. 21%. Felt like we missed ally of open looks. Shot 48% on uncontested shots in game 1. Big difference tonight. Grizzlies did play good defense tonight though

Early in the game the Warriors missed a number of shots at the hoop.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at the overreaction. The Warriors played a horrible game. A lot of that had to do with the Grizzlies who played extremely well. They controlled the pace, but more importantly they made the Warriors turn the ball over.

The Grizzlies played their peak basketball yesterday. The Warriors, played easily their worst game in the playoffs and likely in the last two months.

I don't know how people can say the Grizz dominated the paint. They had a total shooting percentage of 44.5% on the game as a whole, and the Warriors out rebounded them. The biggest factor in the loss was the 20 turnovers by the Warriors and the 6-26 three point shooting. If just 3 more of those 3's went down, that's a win for the Warriors.

The Warriors did their job on defense. They didn't do their job on offense.

I certainly didn't expect a sweep. I expect a prepared and fearless Grizzlies team to step out there every game. With Conley back, this is going to be a hard fought matchup.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how people hop off the bandwagon once the warriors lose one game Lol

It's fun!

Actually I picked Memphis - Cleveland in the Finals, but I most you're right about

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually in the Playoff predictions I took Spurs-Cavs. But before that Grizz-Cavs haha

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think the grizzlies played their best game at all but the warriors were cold as ice

Memphis needs Conley. Warriors seem to have a better bench and they can take Gasol out of his offense but the warriors are going to have games where they die by the 3. I still have my original prediction of warriors in 7

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think the grizzlies played their best game at all but the warriors were cold as ice

Memphis needs Conley. Warriors seem to have a better bench and they can take Gasol out of his offense but the warriors are going to have games where they die by the 3. I still have my original prediction of warriors in 7

Because Memphis plays Defense. It's all about that defensive intensity and Golden St isn't going to make all their jumpshots EVERY game. Memphis slowed it down and got the ball in the post.

Bulls did it to them early in the year.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird to say this, but the Warriors need more Festus Ezeli in this series. Draymond is probably the most versatile defender in the NBA, but even he has a huge matchup problem against Zbo. Zbo is too savy in the paint/post and too strong for Draymond. We need to have either Bogut or Ezeli on him at all times. It's not just with respect to Randolph but also rim protection.

Offensively, the Warriors need to do two things:

1) Take care of the ball.
2) TAKE CARE OF THE DAMN BALL.

The Grizzlies deserve the credit for forcing the turnovers rather than the Warriors simply committing them. There were too many times the wing defenders stole a pass on the perimeter, which lead to easy transition buckets. One counter I expect to see from the Warriors is a bit more play through the high post, rather than guard passing side to side. Also expect to see more back cuts on the Grizzlies defenders who overplay.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at the overreaction. The Warriors played a horrible game. A lot of that had to do with the Grizzlies who played extremely well. They controlled the pace, but more importantly they made the Warriors turn the ball over.

The Grizzlies played their peak basketball yesterday. The Warriors, played easily their worst game in the playoffs and likely in the last two months.

I don't know how people can say the Grizz dominated the paint. They had a total shooting percentage of 44.5% on the game as a whole, and the Warriors out rebounded them. The biggest factor in the loss was the 20 turnovers by the Warriors and the 6-26 three point shooting. If just 3 more of those 3's went down, that's a win for the Warriors.

The Warriors did their job on defense. They didn't do their job on offense.

I certainly didn't expect a sweep. I expect a prepared and fearless Grizzlies team to step out there every game. With Conley back, this is going to be a hard fought matchup.
I disagree, GW won with out Memphis starting PG. Big difference. Im not saying Memphis will win but GS has showed their weakness a little. Slow the game down and let the big beat them.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird to say this, but the Warriors need more Festus Ezeli in this series. Draymond is probably the most versatile defender in the NBA, but even he has a huge matchup problem against Zbo. Zbo is too savy in the paint/post and too strong for Draymond. We need to have either Bogut or Ezeli on him at all times. It's not just with respect to Randolph but also rim protection.

Offensively, the Warriors need to do two things:

1) Take care of the ball.
2) TAKE CARE OF THE DAMN BALL.

The Grizzlies deserve the credit for forcing the turnovers rather than the Warriors simply committing them. There were too many times the wing defenders stole a pass on the perimeter, which lead to easy transition buckets. One counter I expect to see from the Warriors is a bit more play through the high post, rather than guard passing side to side. Also expect to see more back cuts on the Grizzlies defenders who overplay.
I agree most of the turn overs were forced. I think GS wins the next game. I cant see them having another off night shooting. They were getting a little hot in the 2nd half.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, GW won with out Memphis starting PG. Big difference. Im not saying Memphis will win but GS has showed their weakness a little. Slow the game down and let the big beat them.

Seems counter-intuitive, but with respects to the pace, the Warriors and Grizzlies combined for more shots in game 2 than they did in game 1. The Warriors still got up 74 shots versus the 77 they had in game 1. Likewise the Grizzlies had more shots 83, than then did in game 1, 73.

I don't think the pace of play was dictated on the offensive end for the Grizzlies. I think much of it was dictated on the defensive end, where they limited Warriors opportunities and turned them over. It created dysfunction with the Warriors offense. That heavily favored the Grizz.

Not discounting what Conley did. He did a great job of probing and that floater was ridiculous. Defensively I think the Warriors were probably overall happy. Normally when the Warriors hold opponents to under 100, they're huge favorites for the win. They just didn't get it done on offense.