• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round Houston Rockets vs. Los Angeles Clippers

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rockets finally found a defense

They shut the Clippers high octane offense down completely in the 2nd half

I am not sure what the heck they were doing on defense in the first half

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barring ref bailing (like this game), Clips will win next three games. With CP3, two easily. But NBA might want an extra game so Ill say Clips in 6

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joey Crawford, you da real MVP

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The officiating was a joke last night. I mean 64 FT attempts in a game for Houston are you kidding me? The fix was on...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: @people blaming the refs. That's equal parts lame and ghey.

21 of those free throws were by Dwight Howard because of the Clips using the Hack-a-Dwight. Harden shot 15 which isn't all that uncommon for him.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: @people blaming the refs. That's equal parts lame and ghey.

21 of those free throws were by Dwight Howard because of the Clips using the Hack-a-Dwight. Harden shot 15 which isn't all that uncommon for him.
Those hacks didnt start until AFTER Rockets already made 50 FTAs
And Im well aware of Hardens game, box score watchers are exposing theirselves in this thread

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Im well aware of Hardens game, box score watchers are exposing theirselves in this thread

I would say its the other way around.

Box score watchers are the ones crying foul. Every argument I've seen from that side involves nothing more than box score numbers as evidence.

I watched the entire game and was actively rooting for the Clippers. There were definitely moments that I felt like the Rockets got a friendly whistle or lack of whistle... but it wasn't overwhelmingly one-sided... and a far-cry from the grand conspiracy theory whistle some are blowing.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, 36 of the free throws came from a guy who was intentionally fouled multiple times and from a guy who shot the most free throws in the NBA over the course of the season and shoots as many as 15 free throws on a fairly regular basis and you think there's some big conspiracy. :tinfoil3:

I agree with gordon, you've shown yourself to be a box score watcher.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the game. Both teams didnt play defense in the first half, LA played some. The fouls were legit, of course there are some bad calls, they got winded or just didnt feel like playing D and fouled a lot, both teams.

It was a sad game to watch. Basically no defense, except Houston in the 2nd half, and so many easy layups and alley-ops. I guess they didnt realize Dwight can dunk bc once Jordan went out they never put a body on Dwight except to foul him.

JkShaz821

Associate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone heard definitively if CP3 plans on playing game 3?

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, 36 of the free throws came from a guy who was intentionally fouled multiple times and from a guy who shot the most free throws in the NBA over the course of the season and shoots as many as 15 free throws on a fairly regular basis and you think there's some big conspiracy. :tinfoil3:

I agree with gordon, you've shown yourself to be a box score watcher.
And surely enough, Howard was not intentionally fouled for the majority of it, maybe intentionally fouled 3 times. Harden on the other hand, once again is called for a ridiculous foul as he has all season.
This is more of a league problem than it is with Harden. It's why this league is a sham. Imagine if QBs and WRs flopped the way the players in this league do. It's bad enough both games have ticky tack calls, you have players that exploit the rules more so in the NBA than you do in the NFL.

I've never understood why people commend players for trying to get to the line. Drawing fouls to me is no different than flailing, exaggerating the fouls, etc. Then they say, why don't players do it more often. They do and most fail, because they won't get those calls. And they are legit fouls, but they won't get the calls.

A player like Harden is everything I hate about the NBA. It's hard to breathe on him without getting a foul, so players are coached to let him slide by to get to the rim. Then you have fools clapping like seals when he does get to the rim. He has a stinker of a game and people watch the box score and think, hmm, he didn't have a bad game afterall.

So no, I'm not a box score watcher. I've watched a lot of Houston games (for whatever reason, it just so happen to be coincidence) and this guy is a bonified manufactured superstar. It makes me cringe when I see guys on my favorite team trying to draw fouls, whether it be falling on their asses after contact or acting like they were hit by a sniper. I would loathe it if Harden played for the GSW.

If you skipped through all of that, it's all good. Just more of a vent than anything else.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And surely enough, Howard was not intentionally fouled for the majority of it, maybe intentionally fouled 3 times. Harden on the other hand, once again is called for a ridiculous foul as he has all season.
This is more of a league problem than it is with Harden. It's why this league is a sham. Imagine if QBs and WRs flopped the way the players in this league do. It's bad enough both games have ticky tack calls, you have players that exploit the rules more so in the NBA than you do in the NFL.

I've never understood why people commend players for trying to get to the line. Drawing fouls to me is no different than flailing, exaggerating the fouls, etc. Then they say, why don't players do it more often. They do and most fail, because they won't get those calls. And they are legit fouls, but they won't get the calls.

A player like Harden is everything I hate about the NBA. It's hard to breathe on him without getting a foul, so players are coached to let him slide by to get to the rim. Then you have fools clapping like seals when he does get to the rim. He has a stinker of a game and people watch the box score and think, hmm, he didn't have a bad game afterall.

So no, I'm not a box score watcher. I've watched a lot of Houston games (for whatever reason, it just so happen to be coincidence) and this guy is a bonified manufactured superstar. It makes me cringe when I see guys on my favorite team trying to draw fouls, whether it be falling on their asses after contact or acting like they were hit by a sniper. I would loathe it if Harden played for the GSW.

If you skipped through all of that, it's all good. Just more of a vent than anything else.

I disagree. Howard gets intentionally fouled quite a bit. I'm not just talking about when it's before the last 2 minutes of the game and they can foul him without him touching the ball. Some of his free throws come when he gets the ball close to the hoop and guys will foul him rather than get dunked on.

I agree with everything about Harden. Dude makes these crazy drives to the hoop, initiates the contact and the defender gets called for a foul.

:lol: on the bold.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting thing about this series. In the first two games, Matt Barnes has been smalking trash to Harden's mother. Got fined by the NBA office for using profane language to the woman. Harden's brother came over and asked Barnes to apologize which he did. I would much rather see some one cold clock his ass.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barnes always likes to stir up the pot a bit, especially with Harden. They have gotten into it a number of times, but shit talking to his momma...OHH HELL NO!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barnes always likes to stir up the pot a bit, especially with Harden. They have gotten into it a number of times, but shit talking to his momma...OHH HELL NO!
The last time some one did that to me, I was in the 8th grade and nearly took his head off of his body. When the teacher called me on - I let him know the next they talked smack about my mother would be the last time he said anything ever again. I grew up in a rough neighborhood - and we could get just a little mean sometimes