• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round Houston Rockets vs. Los Angeles Clippers

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Houston to win in 7 games and it should be a great series.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Rockets. Damn, didnt see this coming when it was 3-1.

Cant imagine Rockets being able to stick with GS, but I thought that in this series with LA too.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any more questions about why the last thing that Lakers fans are worried about is L.A. becoming a "Clippers town?"

If the Dwight we saw in the last 3 games shows up, the Warriors will win in 7.

If the Dwight we've seen for the past 2-3 years shows up, the Warriors will win in 5.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors gonna clownstomp the Rockets

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best I can figure is GM Doc ultimately sank the Clippers. Having only 5.5 quality NBA players (Barnes is a half player considering how streaky he is) finally bit them in the ass. They just wore down as the games and the series kept going. His "best" acquisition, Spencer Hawes, barely did anything these playoffs. Flip it to the Rockets and they got guys off the scrap heap with Prigioni, Brewer, Smith, and Terry that all were able to blend in and contribute in some way.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any more questions about why the last thing that Lakers fans are worried about is L.A. becoming a "Clippers town?"

If the Dwight we saw in the last 3 games shows up, the Warriors will win in 7.

If the Dwight we've seen for the past 2-3 years shows up, the Warriors will win in 5.

BINGO...!!:agree:

give that man a cigar...

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best I can figure is GM Doc ultimately sank the Clippers. Having only 5.5 quality NBA players (Barnes is a half player considering how streaky he is) finally bit them in the ass. They just wore down as the games and the series kept going. His "best" acquisition, Spencer Hawes, barely did anything these playoffs. Flip it to the Rockets and they got guys off the scrap heap with Prigioni, Brewer, Smith, and Terry that all were able to blend in and contribute in some way.
Those acquisitions contributed in a HUGE way. I do NOT credit Howard for leading that comeback in Game 6, I felt it was Josh Smith who led them, Terry right there with him and the others followed. Prigioni imo was the MVP of game 7 but of course stats arent going to show that. I will say there is no doubt Howard is the best player in that team.

But it was those "scrubs" who were the huge factor in winning this series and for beating the Mavericks as well.

But no, Harden and Howard will STILL continue to get credit for this run. (okay, Howard deservedly so but man that guy's attitude sucks. Expect Coward to show up again in the WCF when Bogut frustrates him)

petemily

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clippers lost because they stopped playing team ball; they started playing one on one basketball since that 3rd qtr when up by 19 in game 5, that was the beginning of the END. They should of reviewed the Spurs series to see what got them their to begin with. TEAM ball wins games along with good D. They did not look like the same team that beat San Antonio. Coach has to take the heat too. It was a monumental collapse from coaching to team play. Need to stock up on pt guards and forwards who can play. Clippers have no bench and a coach who let them quit.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clippers lost because they stopped playing team ball; they started playing one on one basketball since that 3rd qtr when up by 19 in game 5, that was the beginning of the END. They should of reviewed the Spurs series to see what got them their to begin with. TEAM ball wins games along with good D. They did not look like the same team that beat San Antonio. Coach has to take the heat too. It was a monumental collapse from coaching to team play. Need to stock up on pt guards and forwards who can play. Clippers have no bench and a coach who let them quit.

so sick of the media talking up doc like he is something special.