• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round Houston Rockets vs. Los Angeles Clippers

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clips are just simply a far better basketball team. If CP3 were full health this would be a easy sweep.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when we all made fun of the Clippers for getting Doc's son? :L

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really starting to get pissed at that antiquated NBA seeding system.

Looking at the remaining teams, I honestly (without being a homer) think the Spurs would roll all of them.

The Clippers/SPURS should never have happened in the first round. It is starting to look like a defacto NBA Finals champion eliminator series.

Divisions make no sense to have....since every team plays the exact same schedule in conference.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looking at the remaining teams, I honestly (without being a homer) think the Spurs would roll all of them.

The Clippers/SPURS should never have happened in the first round. It is starting to look like a defacto NBA Finals champion eliminator series.

Divisions make no sense to have....since every team plays the exact same schedule in conference.
I agree, unfortunately, the early season injuries that the Spurs had caused them to have a slow start where they had to play catch up. I can't recall the last time I've seen the Spurs finish below a 3 seed. Unfortunately for them, one of the two teams that could beat them IMO (Warriors being the other) happen to draw them first round.

This series was over after game 1. The Clips went through a knock down drag out fight with the Spurs to a 7-game series while the Rockets had a week off. For the Clips to come into their building and beat them game 1 without Chris Paul said everything I needed to know about the Rockets psyche. It was even more telling that the Clips almost won game 2 as well. Game 3 was a monumental mismatch in team play, and the Rockets are at a significant disadvantage.

I say Clips don't lose another game this series.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get what you're saying the Spurs controlled their own destiny on the final night of the year. Beat New Orleans and you're the 2 seed

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TF12, Austin is earning himself a nice payday this Summer.

But, do you think he can sustain this play?

Could be a fluke.

Could be a rigt team, at the right time situation.

Time will tell.

However, he has stepped uo big time.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no sympathy for the Spurs. Resting starters back in November.

Its not like the Spurs finished WAY ahead of the Blazers in terms of Wins and Losses. The Spurs peaked at the end of the regular season... the Blazers slumped at the end of the season... but looking at the season as a whole... there is not much of a difference between their regular season performances.

Playoff seeding is about what you accomplished... not your potential going forward.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its not like the Spurs finished WAY ahead of the Blazers in terms of Wins and Losses. The Spurs peaked at the end of the regular season... the Blazers slumped at the end of the season... but looking at the season as a whole... there is not much of a difference between their regular season performances.

Playoff seeding is about what you accomplished... not your potential going forward.
I never did think that the Rockets were all that good. They actually got lucky to make it to the second round in my opinion.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup, people forget, Pop did sit them early in the season. I believe it was 2 games, maybe 3

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So another 2nd half blowout by LA. Houston is simply outmatched especially with Paul back. The Clips and Rivers off the bench are playing great ball right now

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beverly being hurt affects the Rockets more than people realize but still, they should at least be able to pressure LA more than what they have been especially Rivers. He's still a wildman out there, it's just he's getting little resistance. If they got in his chest more, he'd go right back to being the Austin Rivers we're all use to.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
matt barnes is so fucking annoying

It worked though. He started in on Howard the moment the game started. It got him riled up and taken out of the game. Now the Clips have easy shots around the basket. High screen to DJ and Blake all day. They planned this

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deandre is going to shoot 40 free throws in this game

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hack-A-Jordan started extremely early tonight

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TF12, Austin is earning himself a nice payday this Summer.

But, do you think he can sustain this play?

Could be a fluke.

Could be a rigt team, at the right time situation.

Time will tell.

However, he has stepped uo big time.

It's really hard to say whether a player who is so young can sustain the level of play. I don't know how much playing time he got with the Pelicans, so it's hard to know how much of a chance he's had to play and develop. Knowing how good his Daddy was, he definitely has the genes to be a good one.

Plus, some guys just develop late. Jermaine O'Neal spent a good chunk of his early career with his ass glued to the end of the bench and being called a bust before becoming a 6 time all star.

Right team, right time, right opportunity, late bloomer? All kinds of possibilities. 2 things are for sure, he's shown up big time in these playoffs (without him the Clips probably don't get past the Spurs and are trailing the Rockets 2-1) and no one is making fun of the Clips for getting him anymore.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deandre 10-28 from the line...in the 1st half!

I guess 40 isnt enough. He will have 50 at least.

That was a NBA record too