• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round Houston Rockets vs. Los Angeles Clippers

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big props to the Clippers. I thought they'd struggle with a gimpy CP3. Not the case. Role players stepping up big time. Who would have thunk kid Rivers plays this well? The Rockets, on the other hand, don't seem interested in winning a title.

Something ain't right with the Rockets. Either the Clippers have completely destroyed their confidence, McHale has lost the team and/or Howard and Harden are showing that while they are very talented and very good players, they are not the type of players who can lead a team to a title. Maybe a little of all 3.

Charles Barkley made a really good point after the game last night. He said that when McHale called them out after game 1, they responded in game 2, but have since given up 124 and 128 points while only scoring 99 and 95. He said something about them lacking "pride as a professional."

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still cant believe they have Austin Rivers going off on them lmao

Its so sad a guy like Howard is so weak in the head. When the going gets tough, he cowers like a little bitch. No mental toughness whatsoever. If he hasnt grown up at this point, he never will.

You already know how I feel about that overrated POS Harden.

But theres no doubt this team needs guys like Beverly and DMo there. They would lose regardless but theyd put up a fight at least.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see Houston playing with a sense of urgency for the first time since the 4th quarter of game 2

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see Houston playing with a sense of urgency for the first time since the 4th quarter of game 2

bet on the clip.. wtf is going on

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something ain't right with the Rockets. Either the Clippers have completely destroyed their confidence, McHale has lost the team and/or Howard and Harden are showing that while they are very talented and very good players, they are not the type of players who can lead a team to a title. Maybe a little of all 3.

Charles Barkley made a really good point after the game last night. He said that when McHale called them out after game 1, they responded in game 2, but have since given up 124 and 128 points while only scoring 99 and 95. He said something about them lacking "pride as a professional."
Personally I think the Rockets is very similar if not exactly the same as they have been since the beginning and end of the Yao Ming/McGrady era. A great team that won a lot of games, but nevertheless overachieved in the regular season and in the playoffs always a day late and a dollar short. If Harden wanted championships, then he should have stayed in Oklahoma and taken less money. I feel sorry for Harden because Howard in my opinion does not have the drive and will to win championships. He will never play with the intensity needed to win in my opinion.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This series is blowout after blowout.

Uhh ohh Rivers is down.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dwight Plays like this, they can win the series.

Looks like Houston finally figured it out .... maybe too late

Howard was awesome so far in this game

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dwight Plays like this, they can win the series.

Looks like Houston finally figured it out .... maybe too late

Howard was awesome so far in this game
Dwight is not going to play like that for three games straight which is what it would take for them to win. They just don't have it in them

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard just really responded bettter with Smith in the starting spot instead of Jones

He was able to space a lot better and for the first time Jordan looked overmatched in post defense.

Howard ate him up badly in all the little things as well as the stat sheet.

If Doc doesnt counter this sudden weakness, it will be going back to Houston for game 7

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 8 teams have come back from down 3-1... but 6 of those 8 teams were the higher seed, like the Rockets.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howards talent isnt the issue. The going was easy for him in round one because hes head and shoulders better than Chandler. And yes, I think he is better than Deandre (although Id take DJordan every time).

But hes going to check out at the first sign of any trouble. Hes better off finding a real contender cuz its the only time I see him playing with some consistent effort.

Seeing that Noah is regressing, maybe the Bulls? I wouldnt wish him on any team really and I like the Bulls

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howards talent isnt the issue. The going was easy for him in round one because hes head and shoulders better than Chandler. And yes, I think he is better than Deandre (although Id take DJordan every time).

But hes going to check out at the first sign of any trouble. Hes better off finding a real contender cuz its the only time I see him playing with some consistent effort.

Seeing that Noah is regressing, maybe the Bulls? I wouldnt wish him on any team really and I like the Bulls

Makes a lot of sense. Problem with putting Dwight on a real contender is that he may well become a cancer. Dwight THINKS he knows how to lead a team to a title and he will want to take that role, even though he doesn't really have a clue.

That was part of the problem when he was with the Lakers. he thought he knew more about leading a team to a title than a guy who has 5 rings.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How fucked up would it be if Houston forced a Game 7 and somehow beat the Clips??

The thing is Houston is very dangerous if they are playing well. Like scary besides their defense at times.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That lineup switch has turned on Dwight Howard

He is dominating. Houston is probably killing themselves for not trying it earlier in the series

Might be a little too late...to save the series

But Dwight Howard has been the best player on the floor for the last 6 quarters if you count both ends

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how you play with your season on the line