• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@lasgop8
Again I like the way he brings physical presence to our team but not worth a first round pick for him if he doesn't sign with us and probably even if he does sign. 3 points and plus one we could really get from any physical defenseman without trading a number one pick for.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a +1 is great. He was like a -30 in Buffalo. I just threw that number out, not sure what he really was? It was very bad tgough. They destroyed the guy.
He can thank Mr Hart for being a plus one as all of our defenseman should be thanking him for their plus/minus ratings right now.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish all of our 2-1 games were played like last night. That was a real exciting game. I was really getting bored of our low scoring boring games.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will agree with this but Hart playing out of his mind makes all of these guys look much better. It would be a different story if we had 2021-2022 defense with 2020-2021 Hart
I agree with LAS here ——. There are a lot of issues Hart is making up for - but I thought the flyboys played pretty well last night - especially Risto.

Even though Coots was the second hero of OT, I thought he had a weak game based on what we have come to expect.

TK needs some LASIK surgery or correcting lenses on his visor. The dude can’t find the net.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Words cannot express how well Carter Hart is playing right now. He's next level good at this point. Literally just get out of his way if you can't absolutely block the puck and just let him see it (Braun did this at one point last night, giving Johnny Gaudreau almost a breakaway, but it worked). The only thing getting by him right now is a very late deflection or a laser through heavy traffic that he never sees. I repeat, just let him take the shooter every single time and he will win a very high percentage of the time. That really makes things easy for the defense.

It's sounds silly to add this too, but how good is Justin Braun right now in all facets of the game? It's like you have to check his number every single time you see him do something fantastic. Sure enough, it's him over and over again, in all zones of the ice. He's even sticking up for his teammates big time when things get rough.

All of that said, it was a great team win last night on home ice. Couturier getting the prime assist via a very smart shot in the OT is some poetic justice given the bad bounce off of him earlier that got by Hart. Giroux probably should've scored on a razzle-dazzle, between the legs move where he went in on Markstrom alone but got denied five-hole and it squirted just wide of the post. That would've been a goal of the year candidate.

Nice redemption and tribute goal there by Hayes after he got tripped up, then cashed in off the rebound of his own shot. It seemed like Calgary only got called for about half of the penalties that they committed in this game. This was a put on your big-boy pants contest and Risto came ready for that with a whopping 9 hits. He finally looked like the stud that I have wanted to see since we traded for him.

Our power play is still terrible and obviously needs work top to bottom. Anything that we get out of it at this point is a total, unexpected bonus. We literally struggle just to waste two minutes with the lead while on the power play. It's bad, which is pretty unacceptable given all of the talent on this roster.

At the end of the day though, this was a big, home win against a quality opponent and a little bit of sweet revenge too.

Last edited:

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now everyone wants to ride Ristolainen lol. Ok he's been solid, not nearly as physical as he should be IMO but he's been solid, lol. This page should be full of people talking about Harts play not Ristolainens one game where he stood out more.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning boys! Great game to watch last night. Hart was a stud again last night. I thought the power play needs work. Other than that, it was a great overall effort imo.
On a side note, I believe Risto is starting to get with the team. His points will eventually come, but his physical presence is obviously huge. Are any of you starting to warm up on the giant yet? @lasgop8 ,@Chris p Bacon @awaz ?
What's to warm up about? He needs to be that consistent every game, he played good last night. Hart is making this defense look very good right now and if he keeps it up that's great for us as we become less reliant on them.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with LAS here ——. There are a lot of issues Hart is making up for - but I thought the flyboys played pretty well last night - especially Risto.

Even though Coots was the second hero of OT, I thought he had a weak game based on what we have come to expect.

TK needs some LASIK surgery or correcting lenses on his visor. The dude can’t find the net.
I need more offense from TK as well. I also need more offense from everyone. Although winning games like last night made me happy to watch a 2-1 game

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now everyone wants to ride Ristolainen lol. Ok he's been solid, not nearly as physical as he should be IMO but he's been solid, lol. This page should be full of people talking about Harts play not Ristolainens one game where he stood out more.
Read my posts not everyone is on that Risto train. :suds:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's to warm up about? He needs to be that consistent every game, he played good last night. Hart is making this defense look very good right now and if he keeps it up that's great for us as we become less reliant on them.
100% correct here. You get a bulls eye for this post.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean he's been a little better than Myers was and more physical, I just want him to be solid and try not to overdo things, seems to be the key so far.
I like the way he is playing but my point about him is he may not sign with us and if he does or doesn't sign with us he not worth a number one pick.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok Mall and SparHawk here is a perfect example of what I'm trying to say about your boy Risto.

Radko Gudas has more hits, more blocks shots, more points and a better plus minus.

Would you trade a first round pick for him?

By the way he makes half of what Risto gets paid.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the way he is playing but my point about him is he may not sign with us and if he does or doesn't sign with us he not worth a number one pick.
True that also, if he works out I'd like to see him get an offer, but don't we have like 2 supposed stud dmen in the waiting? If so I'd like to see them versus Seeler.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok Mall and SparHawk here is a perfect example of what I'm trying to say about your boy Risto.

Radko Gudas has more hits, more blocks shots, more points and a better plus minus.

Would you trade a first round pick for him?

By the way he makes half of what Risto gets paid.
Gudas was always solid IMO. He's a good chemistry guy and it shows. No I wouldn't trade a 1st rounder for him or Ristolainen, but I'm not Fletcher either.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God dam we have played a very tough schedule so far and the next 5 are two against TB one each against Boston Florida and Carolina.

That has to be the toughest schedule in the first 20 games.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need more offense from TK as well. I also need more offense from everyone. Although winning games like last night made me happy to watch a 2-1 game
Last night was a super fun game to watch. 77 SOG - 43 by flyers. Pucks flying everywhere.

I guess I’m being fooled by eye test on Rasmus, yes I am on first name basis now.

The guy to me is playing super well. I’m not even looking at hit stats - just his presence all over the ice to me has been notable.

BTW. Yandle is very slow.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night was a super fun game to watch. 77 SOG - 43 by flyers. Pucks flying everywhere.

I guess I’m being fooled by eye test on Rasmus, yes I am on first name basis now.

The guy to me is playing super well. I’m not even looking at hit stats - just his presence all over the ice to me has been notable.

I agree about Yandle. The last 8 games he is playing like the 900K player that we are paying him.

PS nobody is saying "Rasmus" is playing bad because he is not he is playing well. He's is just not a player i would trade a first round pick for. :suds:

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You'd expect soon to be 35 year old Braun to be slow too, but he actually has the horses when he needs them. Major props to that dude for having what appears to have been one hell of an offseason. Along with Hart, it is sort of saving what might otherwise be some serious early season woes.

Imagine this team right now without the improvements of these two guys over last season...

It's not all about points, but this just shows you a bit of the stark difference. Braun had 6 points in 53 games last season. He already has 8 points in 14 games this season. In the past, he's been thought of as a bit of a weak link, now the more we play him, the better he seemingly gets. He went from a bottom pair guy to literally our best defenseman. I mean, he almost looks like Tom Brady on skates. The guy has turned back the clock big time...Lol

Last edited: