• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be great to get Ellis back here asap. We were so anxious to add a top defenseman and now that we finally have one, he's only played in 3 of the first 10 games, which is a bit frustrating. That 24 minute hole in the starting rotation is a lot to make up for and all things considered, we've done pretty well without him.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even a Browns today loss won’t wipe the smile of my face from yesterday. I have a gaggle of Michigan Staters on my wife’s side - had fun with that.

Flyboys just topped off a great day. Risto is more than I honestly expected. Jones was very very good. They look like a cohesive team. They just need to have the energy every game.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like Konecny should've had a couple yesterday. The ref got in the way of his wraparound with about 5 minutes left in the 1st if I remember correctly and right after the Caps scored in the 3rd, he very narrowly missed finishing a 2 on 1 snipe.

If either of those go in, it's way more of a stress-free game for us to watch.

Also, Jones was pretty adept at shutting down the bombs you always see coming off the stick of OV, especially on the power play.

Couturier, Brassard and Laughton are really playing some strong two-way hockey. Just winning all over the ice. That helps a lot because they are obviously on three different lines. I'm sure Vigneault feels pretty good defensively about whichever line he throws out there.

Either way, I don't think the Caps really brought much altogether on their home ice, which is surprising.

Last edited:

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even a Browns today loss won’t wipe the smile of my face from yesterday. I have a gaggle of Michigan Staters on my wife’s side - had fun with that.

Flyboys just topped off a great day. Risto is more than I honestly expected. Jones was very very good. They look like a cohesive team. They just need to have the energy every game.
A rare trifecta with a Browns annihilation of Bengals

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really good to take 2 regulation points from Caps. Only caught the highlights, but twitter liked Ristolainen's game quite a bit. And Jones obviously.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a Florida vacation long weekend and missed the Caps game. Im glad to see we won but i need details. Whos played good? and who didnt?

I see the first week of scoring was a mirage and we settled into a low scoring team in the last few weeks as we all thought coming in.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 10 (#10) in goals scored per game and tied for #4 in goals allowed per game.

Both the power play % and penalty kill % are middle of the pack around #15, so a little improvement in those two areas and we should be in good shape once Ellis and Hayes are 100%.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 10 (#10) in goals scored per game and tied for #4 in goals allowed per game.

Both the power play % and penalty kill % are middle of the pack around #15, so a little improvement in those two areas and we should be in good shape once Ellis and Hayes are 100%.
The part im worried about is the 23 scored in the first 5 game and only 7 in the next 5 games so we are trending in the wrong direction offensively but if we score more than we give up I'm good with that. It just makes for a boring team but winning cures all.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a Florida vacation long weekend and missed the Caps game. Im glad to see we won but i need details. Whos played good? and who didnt?

I see the first week of scoring was a mirage and we settled into a low scoring team in the last few weeks as we all thought coming in.
Everyone played pretty good, good team effort. I expect a lot of these eastern conference games to be a little more defensive so I think low scoring will be more normal.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone played pretty good, good team effort. I expect a lot of these eastern conference games to be a little more defensive so I think low scoring will be more normal.
Great thanks . Its nice to see Risto get his first point.

I thought there would be some fights with Wilson and Hathawayout there and on our side McEwen Seeler and Thonpson.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Braun leads all Flyer defenseman with 7 points. WTF is going on. Is this even real? :clap:

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great thanks . Its nice to see Risto get his first point.

I thought there would be some fights with Wilson and Hathawayout there and on our side McEwen Seeler and Thonpson.
Standouts to me were Risto and obviously Jones. I was watching a different Sandheim than Keith Jones was. I thought (and think) Sandheim has not been at his best. More mentally than necessarily physically. Seems out of position a lot. Making questionable puck movements. I’ll defer to Keith Jones - that’s just my eye test.

Also need to get Lindblom some confidence, he’s struggling.

Physicality of the team held its own. Caps are slow - so we more than were able to control more of the play vs having to follow the puck.

We have losses to FLA and CGY, and beat EDM - collectively those 3 teams have 2 regulation losses.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Standouts to me were Risto and obviously Jones. I was watching a different Sandheim than Keith Jones was. I thought (and think) Sandheim has not been at his best. More mentally than necessarily physically. Seems out of position a lot. Making questionable puck movements. I’ll defer to Keith Jones - that’s just my eye test.

Physicality of the team held its own. Caps are slow - so we more than were able to control more of the play vs having to follow the puck.

We have losses to FLA and CGY, and beat EDM - collectively those 3 teams have 2 regulation losses.
Thanks for the update. I agree 100% about Sanheim. I dont think he is playing the best positional hockey and thought he would contribute a lot more offensively since he is not a physical presence. He needs to play a lot better to earn that new contract.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the update. I agree 100% about Sanheim. I dont think he is playing the best positional hockey and thought he would contribute a lot more offensively since he is not a physical presence. He needs to play a lot better to earn that new contract.

Sanheim has played a lot better when he has been paired with Yandle. Maybe he's used to over compensating for Myers short comings.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could he fix his skating with a good coach and a desire to improve. I don’t know much about actually playing hockey - but I was fascinated listening to some conditioning freaks over the summer on nhl radio about how they actually change physiology (more than just adding muscle mass).

Second - is his shot his shot, or can that evolve and improve at this stage in his career.
I thought of a perfect person that fixed his skating as an NHL player and became one of the all time greats.

Its Zedeno Chara. When he was with the Isles he was a terrible skater and worked on it and got much better after he was traded to Ottawa. He improved so much that earned him a free agent contract with Boston and the rest is history.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our division has the weirdest schedules. Rags played 13 caps 12 everyone else has only 10 games played