• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also who the heck is this Justin Braun? Not looking out of place on the top pair. He's got 6 points in 8 games and is +8. Last night he beats out the icing that leads to Laughton's goal that put the game away.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also who the heck is this Justin Braun? Not looking out of place on the top pair. He's got 6 points in 8 games and is +8. Last night he beats out the icing that leads to Laughton's goal that put the game away.
I agree 100%

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hart look so much quicker this year and his rebound control is much better which helps our defense a lot.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have we had a better 7th defenseman in the past 10 years than Seeeler?

Absolutely not. He's gotten burned a couple of times when they get stuck out against top of the lineup guys, but he's been way better than expected for a 7th dman. And he brings that energy/heart that you hope to see from guys in that role. Fearless.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 out of the top 10 teams by point percentage are in the Metro. It's early in the season, but these next two are big.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a theory on Konecny, and the thing holding him back from being an absolute stud.

I think he’s dumber than a rock. People talk about hockey IQ - I think he comes up mid double digits regardless of any measurement of IQ.

Love his heart, grit, energy - everything.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 out of the top 10 teams by point percentage are in the Metro. It's early in the season, but these next two are big.
At least the Devils and Rangers lost last night. We need to beat the last place Pens.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a theory on Konecny, and the thing holding him back from being an absolute stud.

I think he’s dumber than a rock. People talk about hockey IQ - I think he comes up mid double digits regardless of any measurement of IQ.

Love his heart, grit, energy - everything.
I agree he is a dumb player but i just dont think he is good enough of a hockey player to be an absolute stud. When i think of players that are absolute studs i think of players like Mcdavid McKinnon Crosby. I think his heart grit and energy he plays with gives him that little extra to be as good as he is. He is a really bad skater, his shot is good not great , he's not that big or that fast. He makes the best of the skills he has to work with and hustles his ass off which is why i really like him and like him as a Flyers. You are correct though that he is a dumb player.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice to get Hayes back as soon as we could as Brassard has come back to earth. He is still a great bargain at 825K.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he is a dumb player but i just dont think he is good enough of a hockey player to be an absolute stud. When i think of players that are absolute studs i think of players like Mcdavid McKinnon Crosby. I think his heart grit and energy he plays with gives him that little extra to be as good as he is. He is a really bad skater, his shot is good not great , he's not that big or that fast. He makes the best of the skills he has to work with and hustles his ass off which is why i really like him and like him as a Flyers. You are correct though that he is a dumb player.
Could he fix his skating with a good coach and a desire to improve. I don’t know much about actually playing hockey - but I was fascinated listening to some conditioning freaks over the summer on nhl radio about how they actually change physiology (more than just adding muscle mass).

Second - is his shot his shot, or can that evolve and improve at this stage in his career.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eichel out to Vegas for Tuch, Krebbs, 1st, and 3rd i think it was. I'll be honest, I thought they would've gotten a bigger haul. Tuch and Krebbs are good/really good young players, but I don't think they're no doubt about it 1st line type guys.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could he fix his skating with a good coach and a desire to improve. I don’t know much about actually playing hockey - but I was fascinated listening to some conditioning freaks over the summer on nhl radio about how they actually change physiology (more than just adding muscle mass).

Second - is his shot his shot, or can that evolve and improve at this stage in his career.
Excellent questions. Yes players can certainly improve their skating and get stronger which improves their shot during their time in the NHL. I would love for him to jump to super star status because i love his game.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eichel out to Vegas for Tuch, Krebbs, 1st, and 3rd i think it was. I'll be honest, I thought they would've gotten a bigger haul. Tuch and Krebbs are good/really good young players, but I don't think they're no doubt about it 1st line type guys.
Eichel has 4 years left on his contract and he is missing this whole season unless they pull a TB and LTIR him and bring him back for the playoffs. Time will tell on this trade

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eichel has 4 years left on his contract and he is missing this whole season unless they pull a TB and LTIR him and bring him back for the playoffs. Time will tell on this trade

Yep, for sure. Just surprised Buffalo drug such a crappy situation out for so long for this to be the return. I assume they could've done a trade for this type of value a year ago. To me it would've been better to just take the risk on the surgery and if he makes a full recovery you have a top 5 player in the league.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, for sure. Just surprised Buffalo drug such a crappy situation out for so long for this to be the return. I assume they could've done a trade for this type of value a year ago. To me it would've been better to just take the risk on the surgery and if he makes a full recovery you have a top 5 player in the league.
His 10 million dollar salary may have factored into a lot of teams not being able to afford his services and the unknown of a player coming off of a major surgery scared other teams away so I'm assuming Buffalo didn't have much of a choice in going the trade route. Buffalo might have been one of the teams that didn't want to risk the 10 million per for a player coming off of major surgery which is maybe why they traded him.

I have no idea myself I'm just throwing out some scenarios :suds: