• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much money do we have to pay Bunnaman and Kase after paying Sanheim and Hart and a back up goalie?
I think Kase is playing overseas and Bunnaman will be on a two way contract.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true but we still need to sign them to retain their rights.
I think we just had to make the offer for Kase. Bunny will be about $700,000 but it only counts against the cap if his is brought up.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any reason why we aren't looking to use Errson as our back up goalie?
Fletcher wants to get an established veteran as a backup. I just saw an article that they were interested in Darcy Kuemper. He is under contract for $4.5 so Arizona would have to retain salary.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought free agency opened tomorrow so not sure how this came out

Really a great point. Though was Yandle bought out maybe? So became a free agent early?

I guess I'm not totally opposed to the signing, especially at 900k. Veteran, good puck mover, could be a good PP2 guy. Blocks York/Zamula from being given the job, they'll have to earn it (or injuries).

Everyone said they'd sign another 6/7 veteran d-man, but Yandle is a bit better of a player than I expected tbh. Thought it would be easier for York in particular, to beat them out for a job. Yandle won't be a cake walk.

They look pretty darn strong on defense honestly..

Provorov-Ellis
Sanheim-Ristolainen
Yandle-Braun

With York, Zamula, and Morin as extras.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really a great point. Though was Yandle bought out maybe? So became a free agent early?

I guess I'm not totally opposed to the signing, especially at 900k. Veteran, good puck mover, could be a good PP2 guy. Blocks York/Zamula from being given the job, they'll have to earn it (or injuries).

Everyone said they'd sign another 6/7 veteran d-man, but Yandle is a bit better of a player than I expected tbh. Thought it would be easier for York in particular, to beat them out for a job. Yandle won't be a cake walk.

Provorov-Ellis
Sanheim-Ristolainen
Yandle-Braun

Id like to try and add some scoring depth now.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forwards (13)
Giroux - 8.275
Atkinson - 5.875
Hayes - 7.14
JvR - 7
Konecny - 5.5
Couturier - 4.3
Laughton - 3
Lindblom - 3
NAK - 1.075
Laczynski - .925
Farabee - .925
Frost - .863
Allison - .925

Defense (7)
Provorov - 6.75
Ellis - 6.25
Braun - 1.8
Ristolainen - 5.4
Sanheim (RFA) - 5 (read an estimate of 4.5-5.25 for 3-5 years)
Yandle - .900
Morin - .750

Goalie (1)
Hart (RFA) - 3.5 (read an estimate of 3-4M for 2-3 years, so 3.5 seems reasonable)

That puts them at 79.2M / 81.5M.

Took York off the list because I expect he'll start in LHV. But he's .880 if you want to remember. Also took Sandstrom out because I think it confused the picture.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So. 2.3M left, they need a backup goalie and maybe another spare forward.

Unless he keeps trading people, I expect a backup goalie is about all they can afford tomorrow. Or they expect to get Sanheim/Hart done for less than 8.5M, which is also possible. I think that's a conservative estimate in terms of cap space.

At the very least, Fletcher deserves some credit for his deal making. I can't recall a time when a team changed this dramatically in one offseason while still expecting to compete. Normally this kind of turnover is a team just blowing it up and starting over, a la the Blue Jackets this summer.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect that Sanheim/Hart could get done for $7 million total instead of $8.5 million. They're both coming off dreadful seasons statistically and this will only be Hart's second contract. He is not even arbitration eligible, so he doesn't have a lot of options. Sanheim however, being arbitration eligible, can perhaps argue for a raise and more years given he's 25 and this is his 3rd contract. I expect his salary to be far north of the $3.25 million that it was.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Provorov-Ellis
Sanheim-Ristolainen
Yandle-Braun

Our defense looks very good. As a side note, I was talking last night to a Sabre fan buddy of mine. He went on record saying that the Risto deal was very good for us. He really believed Risto will be an awesome fit for us. Pretty much what I have been saying. I know Rosto's game and style. Dude was meant to be a Flyer.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll probably get Holtby on the cheap because he's been bought out and is already making money the next two seasons regardless. This might leave room for another forward and/or certainly for some moves at the deadline.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll probably get Holtby on the cheap because he's been bought out and is already making money the next two seasons regardless. This might leave room for another forward and/or certainly for some moves at the deadline.

There's certainly a lot out there goalie wise. Bernier, Reimer, Ullmark, Mrazek, Holtby, Halak, Brossoit, all FA. Couple guys available via trade if they want to go that way.

Holtby and Hart have a bit of a relationship already, so I could certainly see that being the route they go. As you say, he could be cheap with the buyout money.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's certainly a lot out there goalie wise. Bernier, Reimer, Ullmark, Mrazek, Holtby, Halak, Brossoit, all FA. Couple guys available via trade if they want to go that way.

Holtby and Hart have a bit of a relationship already, so I could certainly see that being the route they go. As you say, he could be cheap with the buyout money.

Question is does Holtby still think he is a starter?