• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read Meltzer's blog today to get his thoughts on the Risto trade. He pretty much nailed it and I have said some of the same things about his game. You really have to try to ignore his advance stays etc. The guy was drafted by the worst team in over a decade. Think about how poorly he was developed and how many coaches were recycled during his time. He won't be asked to take on all the responsibilities like he had in Bufalo. I mean can you imagine being drafted to a team that is used to always losing? Eichel is in the same situation. I just wish we somehow were able to pry out Reinhart. Florida is gonna love him.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read Meltzer's blog today to get his thoughts on the Risto trade. He pretty much nailed it and I have said some of the same things about his game. You really have to try to ignore his advance stays etc. The guy was drafted by the worst team in over a decade. Think about how poorly he was developed and how many coaches were recycled during his time. He won't be asked to take on all the responsibilities like he had in Bufalo. I mean can you imagine being drafted to a team that is used to always losing? Eichel is in the same situation. I just wish we somehow were able to pry out Reinhart. Florida is gonna love him.
I like the aspect of his toughness that we sorely need buit what happens if he bolts after one year?

Yes he was on a shitty team in Buffalo and didnt develop because he was on the worst team in a decade and how many coaches were recycled during his time. That sounds just like our team except as a middle of the road team and not the worst

I will however like his big hits and toughness we sorely need.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Jake trade for Atkinson it was time to go and cleared some cap space was a big plus.

If only Gee would realize that he doesnt want to be on this team anymore and waive his NMC we be golden.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also read a comment that Fletcher wants to bring back Morin for the 7th D spot.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that me most concerned is Fletcher's not very concerned with the RFA's at all. I would be much happier with where we are if Sanheim and Hart were signed.

Still expect a veteran goalie to be brought in to compliment Hart.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, advanced stats wise he’s one of the worst dmen in hockey. And everyone on the Sabres had worse numbers playing with him than they did without him.

I like taking a flier on him. Different role, different team, exactly the right kind of player for the Flyers. Hopefully he flourishes. If the price paid is what it took, fine. You have to pay the prices out there if you want to change the team. But in terms of value, that was an overpay. It sucks that other teams were lining up to overpay also. It’s a crap shoot of a draft due to scouting restrictions, so that decreases the value of a normal 1st round pick. I’m fine with it.

And I actually like the rental aspect of it. If I were Chicago I sure as heck would’ve preferred renting Jones to that monstrosity they gave him. They Flyers are not tied in to something crazy like Jones/OEL. Fletcher did everything he could to avoid free agency and I think that’s smart cap management. Any prized FA is a contract regretted these days.
I can't completely disagree but as Mall mentioned he was always out there against the other teams best players. Most of the time his teammates had a lot to be desired. Even if he was the best dman in hockey his stats wouldn't have been great. Many of the respected professional analysts have said take those numbers with a grain of salt but the internet fans seem to know better which is crazy. Fact is they needed change I admire CF's guts in trying to fix the D and core in general.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also read a comment that Fletcher wants to bring back Morin for the 7th D spot.
I like that idea as he didn't look bad out there under the circumstances. He can also be inserted into the lineup when they need toughness. You could see he had some pride and heart in his game much needed on this team.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the aspect of his toughness that we sorely need buit what happens if he bolts after one year?

Yes he was on a shitty team in Buffalo and didnt develop because he was on the worst team in a decade and how many coaches were recycled during his time. That sounds just like our team except as a middle of the road team and not the worst

I will however like his big hits and toughness we sorely need.
I think it's worth the gamble in comparison to retreading last years D corps. Definitely need the added toughness as well. I believe if he looks good immediately and fits in we'll see him extended. I actually like this better than an automatic 5-6 year deal and being stuck.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's worth the gamble in comparison to retreading last years D corps. Definitely need the added toughness as well. I believe if he looks good immediately and fits in we'll see him extended. I actually like this better than an automatic 5-6 year deal and being stuck.
I agree to not retreading last years defense but getting a guy without any assurances that he will stay isnt worth the gamble for the price we paid. It just seems in the entire NHL we could've gotten someone for that price who could be here for a few years that is just as tough.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid Question # 9,466

Do we know what numbers the new players will be wearing? I read somewhere that Ellis will be wearing 94. Atckinson wore 13 in Columbus, but that is taken by Hayes, unless he wants to give it up. Risto wore 55 in Buffalo, that is what Morin wears, unless he wants to give it up.

I know, not really pressing, just curious.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree to not retreading last years defense but getting a guy without any assurances that he will stay isnt worth the gamble for the price we paid. It just seems in the entire NHL we could've gotten someone for that price who could be here for a few years that is just as tough.
It's tough as they are also dealing with the cap and his hit is pretty fair next season. FA there are some good options but at what cost? I think they are confident that if they like him he'll sign an extension. If not cut your losses and use the money next year.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's tough as they are also dealing with the cap and his hit is pretty fair next season. FA there are some good options but at what cost? I think they are confident that if they like him he'll sign an extension. If not cut your losses and use the money next year.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid Question # 9,466

Do we know what numbers the new players will be wearing? I read somewhere that Ellis will be wearing 94. Atckinson wore 13 in Columbus, but that is taken by Hayes, unless he wants to give it up. Risto wore 55 in Buffalo, that is what Morin wears, unless he wants to give it up.

I know, not really pressing, just curious.

94 for Ellis and they announced 89 for Atkinson and 70 for Ristolainen this afternoon.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morin signed 1 year - $750,000.

Yep. Fine with that one. From all accounts, great locker room guy. Good fit for a #7 or possibly #8 dman.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much money do we have to pay Bunnaman and Kase after paying Sanheim and Hart and a back up goalie?