• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hakstol will be unemployed soon with the roster showing to be leaked. No way will that team be competitive.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relax guys. Still tons of time to do stuff and shedding JvR or Voracek is definitely still possible through trade. Expansion draft was just the easiest way.

Fletcher even said after Ellis that they still have a lot of work to do.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hakstol will be unemployed soon with the roster showing to be leaked. No way will that team be competitive.

Francis is WAY overthinking this thing IMO. Basically taking on no salary at all. Probably going to attempt to trade for the guys teams were hoping to get cap relief from. JvR/Voracek, Tarasenko, other higher priced guys. Gets flexibility of teams offering to retain some salary and get assets back.

But yowza. From what I can see they haven't selected a single top-6 forward aside from maybe Gourde. And they passed on Bean who might've been the most attractive d-man from a skill/age/contract standpoint to take an undersized 4th liner in Geekie.

Either they got sweeteners out the ass or Francis is off his rocker.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant do much with the assets we have to trade. We were lucky just to get Ellis.

What is it you were saying about Myers and Patrick not being worth shit again? And how "this board" overrated everyone on the Flyers?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it you were saying about Myers and Patrick not being worth shit again? And how "this board" overrated everyone on the Flyers?
I dont get this post? What are you trying to get at?

I have only said Patrick wasnt worth anything nothing about Myers.

AAAAAND OMG this board overates the shit out of our players. That is not even at question.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Francis is WAY overthinking this thing IMO. Basically taking on no salary at all. Probably going to attempt to trade for the guys teams were hoping to get cap relief from. JvR/Voracek, Tarasenko, other higher priced guys. Gets flexibility of teams offering to retain some salary and get assets back.

But yowza. From what I can see they haven't selected a single top-6 forward aside from maybe Gourde. And they passed on Bean who might've been the most attractive d-man from a skill/age/contract standpoint to take an undersized 4th liner in Geekie.

Either they got sweeteners out the ass or Francis is off his rocker.
Francis definitely not following the Las Vegas model. Eberle and Gourde aside, they left some good players on the table.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont get this post? What are you trying to get at?

I have only said Patrick wasnt worth anything nothing about Myers.

AAAAAND OMG this board overates the shit out of our players. That is not even at question.

So you think the Predators traded Ryan Ellis for Phil Myers and some scraps? Interesting. I guess you and Poile really like Myers!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think the Predators traded Ryan Ellis for Phil Myers and some scraps? Interesting. I guess you and Poile really like Myers!
Ummm Ellis is an often injured and coming off the worst year in his career. I dont know maybe you think we traded for Bobby Orr. We traded 2 players with their value down and got a player with his value down pretty simple.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Francis definitely not following the Las Vegas model. Eberle and Gourde aside, they left some good players on the table.

Yep. Especially up front. Their D is going to be good, but that was the easy part. There are a ton of questions about that forward group though. He has to be relying on other teams retaining salary in trades post-draft. Eberle and Gourde are almost the only NHL caliber guys they chose, let alone top 6 forwards.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm Ellis is an often injured and coming off the worst year in his career. I dont know maybe you think we traded for Bobby Orr. We traded 2 players with their value down and got a player with his value down pretty simple.

Ah good. So you're down on Ellis already! I guess 24 hours as a Flyer is enough for you to turn on them. Seriously dude, why even follow the team?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah good. So you're down on Ellis already! I guess 24 hours as a Flyer is enough for you to turn on them. Seriously dude, why even follow the team?
Once again im stating facts while you are speculating and overating. So i guess the norm continues.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again im stating facts while you are speculating and overating. So i guess the norm continues.

Patrick had/has value. That is a fact.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All players have value so yes that is a fact. Patrick's value just happens to be very low.
I believe Nash did this trade based on the value of upside and to change things up. Ellis is a good player no doubt about it ask anyone in hockey but they need a lot more than him to turn the corner so they took a shot at some youth who could prosper in the future. This could be a win/win trade for all parties.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the kraken are banking on trading for high cap players later for cheap instead of snagging them themselves and hoping to move them for picks less some cap. We'll see if their plan is correct although Vegas plan has worked great for them. Doesn't hurt to have BHL in your back pocket either...

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Nash did this trade based on the value of upside and to change things up. Ellis is a good player no doubt about it ask anyone in hockey but they need a lot more than him to turn the corner so they took a shot at some youth who could prosper in the future. This could be a win/win trade for all parties.
This is true it could be a win win for all parties. Its also true we need a looooooot more than just Ellis. Nashville moved Patrick as soon as the got him so if Nash did this trade on the value of Patricks upside he's going to be very disappointed if Patrick does well. Even he didn't believe in Patrick's upside or he wouldn't have traded him.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ellis/Myers/Patrick trade was simple hockey. Myers is clearly the biggest question mark of the trade, is he at a wall or is there more? We already know Ellis can play, question is his healthiness so there's that if factor, makes it a pretty fair exchange, both teams taking a risk. Patrick wanted out and he got his wish and I'm sure Nashville dealt him before the original deal was done. He obviously felt he shouldn't be held accountable for his poor play IMO.