• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a good overall player, that's it period. Look at all our playoffs with him and see how many BIG games he actually showed up for. Getting rid of him is great for the moral of the team IMO. The main thing now is to get rid of Fletcher before he destroys this team and gives out 10 year contracts ala Suter and Parise.
Hey if getting rid of Fletcher helps us win im all for it. But he did get us our best player this season and Tippett looked good and there are still trades to go today and this summer and high draft picks to be made so i say he gets a chance.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a good overall player, that's it period. Look at all our playoffs with him and see how many BIG games he actually showed up for. Getting rid of him is great for the moral of the team IMO. The main thing now is to get rid of Fletcher before he destroys this team and gives out 10 year contracts ala Suter and Parise.

How many truly BIG games did he get to play in? The Flyers built a shit roster around him for 10 years. End of story.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything I am reading seems to say he will be on the top line in Florida. If he doesn't show up in the playoffs with that team's top 9 it is very damning for Giroux.
I guess well see as i know two of their LW have more points than Giroux. I guess they are trying to even out their lines like when we used to put JVR on the top line to get him some points.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many truly BIG games did he get to play in? The Flyers built a shit roster around him for 10 years. End of story.
Cant build around a super star when you dont have one making super star money. .

Good player not great and a crappy captain. End of story.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not gonna delve into I hated him because xyz type of thing. I liked him, was an above average player, but on the flip side he was a horrible leader IMO. He would've been better suited to wear an A instead of a C. We'll see how he does now that the pressures off. I won't root for him to win a cup cause I'll be riding the Avs train but Florida is a nice place to retire.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh well time to move on from him and pray someone rights this sinking ship before Fletcher totally screws shit up. So far the Giroux fiasco, which I will give him somewhat of a pass on, and the Risto stuff is not moving this team in a competitive direction. Not sure how upper management can't see this stuff. Are they truly that inept?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh well time to move on from him and pray someone rights this sinking ship before Fletcher totally screws shit up. So far the Giroux fiasco, which I will give him somewhat of a pass on, and the Risto stuff is not moving this team in a competitive direction. Not sure how upper management can't see this stuff. Are they truly that inept?
For sure Fletcher gets a pass on the Giroux thing as he did the best from the hole Giroux put him in in trading with only one team. I can agree with the upper management needing a change because they watched on as Hextall sunk the ship and sat idle with a mediocre team for years. If firing Fletcher helps us I'm all for it but who would we replace him with?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not gonna delve into I hated him because xyz type of thing. I liked him, was an above average player, but on the flip side he was a horrible leader IMO. He would've been better suited to wear an A instead of a C. We'll see how he does now that the pressures off. I won't root for him to win a cup cause I'll be riding the Avs train but Florida is a nice place to retire.

Horrible leader is an asinine argument. The only evidence to point to that is that they didn't win. And that's easily countered with the garbage roster he played on. So tired of that ridiculous statement. Every single player that's ever played with Giroux talks about his leadership and attitude he brings to the locker room and how good it is for the team. But of course, fans know he's a horrible leader.

It's just ridiculous. The team didn't win because they had a lot of bad players. Connor McDavid can also tell you it's tough to win with a roster full of bad players.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure Fletcher gets a pass on the Giroux thing as he did the best from the hole Giroux put him in in trading with only one team. I can agree with the upper management needing a change because they watched on as Hextall sunk the ship and sat idle with a mediocre team for years. If firing Fletcher helps us I'm all for it but who would we replace him with?
Briere?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we're down to moves that would be surprises I think. Maybe Brassard goes for a later pick. But outside of that I don't expect any other moves. Maybe they'll give us something fun to talk about though and do something dramatic.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we're down to moves that would be surprises I think. Maybe Brassard goes for a later pick. But outside of that I don't expect any other moves. Maybe they'll give us something fun to talk about though and do something dramatic.
The only things i could see that would be surprising today would be a TK or Prov trade at this time. I think Prov goes over the summer. This is just my opinion i haven't heard anything about this.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only things i could see that would be surprising today would be a TK or Prov trade at this time. I think Prov goes over the summer. This is just my opinion i haven't heard anything about this.

Yep. Agree with you on both statements.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lehkonen to the Avs

2024 2nd Round
Justin Barron

Thanks G!