• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say Sanheim has been pretty consistent also. I hope we at least keep him, could end up being a bright spot.
I will agree Sanheim had a fantastic season this year but he was minus 22 last season so in that regard Braun has been better the last two years.

I believe with Sanheims emergence this season we will keep him and i have to think it has a lot to do with him playing with Risto.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Avs win the cup, I could see Kadri coming back, unless he looks for a huge pay day and a NMC, lol.

Kadri has 9M and a NMC clause for 7 years from Fletcher written all over him.

31 year old, having a monster year in a contract year, brings "bite". Flyers were interested before he went to Colorado. I'd almost be more shocked if he doesn't end up with the Flyers on a ridiculous contract.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers brass is delusional thinking that's possible. Because that crew also eats up 75M on the cap, plus whatever Frost and Tippet sign for.

So they have about 5M to improve the roster with. There just aren't enough assets to make that happen. If you can clear JvR without losing anything crazy with him, they'll have 12M to work with. So you can probably add a star and a mid-lineup player. I don't see how that gets them there unless the collection of Tippet, Frost, Brink, and Attard are way better than advertised.

Just look at the rosters the Avs, Panthers, and Lightning are throwing out there. All 3 have at least 5 players better than everyone on the Flyers roster. It's unfathomable that Fletcher and co. think they can re-tool into contention with those teams. All the Risto signing and whatever this summer brings does is delay the inevitable. You took a final swing at it with this group this year, it didn't work. Tear it down and start over.
If they were going to tear it down that means Hart and Couts have to go as well as they will probably bring back the most value of anyone on our roster. I would love to tear it down but with the Risto signing it doesn't look like they are going to do it. We shouldve tore it down three years ago when Jake and Gee had some value. We were never going to win a cup with them as our top offensive players. Thanks Hextall.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they were going to tear it down that means Hart and Couts have to go as well as they will probably bring back the most value of anyone on our roster. I would love to tear it down but with the Risto signing it doesn't look like they are going to do it. We shouldve tore it down three years ago when Jake and Gee had some value. We were never going to win a cup with them as our top offensive players

Not going to get an argument from me on Hart and Couts. Tear it all the way down.

Unfortunately, I also agree that the Risto signing is an indicator that they have no intention of doing that.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well even with Ellis returning it doesn't make this squad more competitive, once we lose Braun and Yandle who replaces them? We don't have anyone with a ton of experience so yea, Fletcher can say what he wants but it's all a retool at this point. You'd need some serious aligning of stars, planets and other worldly phenomenon to get that to happen.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well even with Ellis returning it doesn't make this squad more competitive, once we lose Braun and Yandle who replaces them? We don't have anyone with a ton of experience so yea, Fletcher can say what he wants but it's all a retool at this point. You'd need some serious aligning of stars, planets and other worldly phenomenon to get that to happen.
Im sure our front office knows we aren't winning any cups the next few years but they cant come out and say it. They just need to try and get stars in the draft the next two years and that will help immensely

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey maybe we can re sign Yandle and along with him Kessel is a free agent. We could have the all iron man team. :dhd:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd take you in a folding metal chair over Yandle. He's got to be the worst player to suit up for an NHL game this year.

The fact that they can continue to say things like "Frost and York have to earn their playing time. Sanheim has to earn PP time" while they keep trotting out the abomination that is Yandle on PP1 is ridiculous.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gerry Mayhew signed with Anaheim Thank you for your 25 games of excitement.

Last edited:

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take you in a folding metal chair over Yandle. He's got to be the worst player to suit up for an NHL game this year.

The fact that they can continue to say things like "Frost and York have to earn their playing time. Sanheim has to earn PP time" while they keep trotting out the abomination that is Yandle on PP1 is ridiculous.
Sadly there appears to be no real plan. Any executive can respond to the events around them..... coming up with a plan is hard, having the focus to execute the plan even harder.

Would love to get TK drunk and ask him how he really feels about being a player with the Flyers. Sure seems toxic to anyone not named Giroux or Yandle.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Detroit doesn't win 6-1 they have issues. What a lineup...

I'm just hoping they keep Tippet, Frost, and Lindblom together the rest of the year and see what kind of chemistry they can develop. They looked pretty good last game.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly there appears to be no real plan. Any executive can respond to the events around them..... coming up with a plan is hard, having the focus to execute the plan even harder.

Would love to get TK drunk and ask him how he really feels about being a player with the Flyers. Sure seems toxic to anyone not named Giroux or Yandle.

Need to stamp that on the foreheads of the executives at my work too! Especially the bold.:nod:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this stage, we could actually end up with the worst record in the Nhl this season. We are only 7 points up on both Arizona and Montreal. They are both winning more often than we are as of late too...Lol We're falling back to them right now.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This almost feels like the '06-'07 season where we finished dead last in the Nhl out of nowhere, lost the draft lottery to Chicago (who took some guy named Patrick Kane 1st overall) and took JvR 2nd overall.

Would be nice to pick 1st overall this time and also not get it wrong.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Furthermore, JvR went on to have a decent career, but Kane became a generational player that won three Stanley Cups, one of them at our expense, among many other accolades such as Conn Smythe, Hart and Art Ross trophies. When you start comparing the two players, it's absolutely silly and beyond frustrating.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Furthermore, JvR went on to have a decent career, but Kane became a generational player that won three Stanley Cups, one of them at our expense, among many other accolades such as Conn Smythe, Hart and Art Ross trophies. When you start comparing the two players, it's absolutely silly and beyond frustrating.

Talk about getting a pick right though. If I remember right, Kane, JvR, and Turris were a 3 horse race for 1st overall. Turris was actually #1 in central scouting. If the Hawks don't get that pick right, they probably don't have that run of success.

Hopefully the Flyers have the opportunity, and the ability, to do that this year. Seems Wright is pretty consensus #1, Cooley #2, but #3 seems to be up for grabs. right where the Flyers would be picking. Have to get it right.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
…. I know this is the Flyers board, but we’re a small enough community to share misery.

I’m sure you’ve seen my other failed franchise (browns) have landed Deshawn Watson. I live in Clemson territory so have watch him win —- BUT he has 22 civil lawsuits pending against him. There is no way you can be at peak performance with all that baggage. The Browns do this all the time.
I am focusing on my Boilermakers, but the Browns are the train wreck you cannot look away from. $230MM 5 year guaranteed contract. 2022, 2023, 2024 first round picks; 2023 third round pick and 2024 fourth round pick.

Ok... I'm done