• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I do not like having NMC or NTC in contracts. Fletcher had no leverage on where G was going. From my understanding, G turned down other teams who had better packages in return, but ultimately it was his choice. I can't fault him for that. I'll cheer for Florida to win it. Overall, imo it was underwhelming as a Flyers fan. We get a ok prospect in Tippet, 2024 1st rounder, and a 2023 3rd rounder and retain 50% of Gs contract. We lose Bunnamen, Rubotsev, a 4th rounder, and G. I got to to let this settle for a bit. My initial reaction is I hate it. Btw, I suspect more moves coming.

Yep. Underwhelming return, but got what they could given G only wanted to waive for the Panthers. Maybe Tippet turns things around with a fresh start. And, the 2024 1st rounder could be useful when it all comes crashing down next year and they realize they do actually have to rebuild.

Not worried at all about moving Rubtsov and Bunnaman. They’re not going to make an impact at the NHL level ever. Flyers probably just wanted to move out some contracts.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Underwhelming return, but got what they could given G only wanted to waive for the Panthers. Maybe Tippet turns things around with a fresh start. And, the 2024 1st rounder could be useful when it all comes crashing down next year and they realize they do actually have to rebuild.

Not worried at all about moving Rubtsov and Bunnaman. They’re not going to make an impact at the NHL level ever. Flyers probably just wanted to move out some contracts.
This is what upsets me about the previous GMs from Clark and on. These guys hand out NTC like candy. It will always come back to bite you.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what upsets me about the previous GMs from Clark and on. These guys hand out NTC like candy. It will always come back to bite you.

Absolutely agree. I don’t think anyone should get full no move or no trade clauses. Partials, ok, but full is just bad business. Find someone else to spend money on in that case.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s see what they can get for some of the others now. Braun probably the biggest value left. Maybe Brassard.

Also, this roster is going to be ugggly for the rest of this season.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s see what they can get for some of the others now. Braun probably the biggest value left. Maybe Brassard.

Also, this roster is going to be ugggly for the rest of this season.
I think we can agree that we are in full tank mode now. Rather it be next year's draft with the generational talent in that draft.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to thank G for his time in Philly and wish him the best. I don't believe he'll come back no reason to as this will be a rebuild. Uggghhhh!

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to thank G for his time in Philly and wish him the best. I don't believe he'll come back no reason to as this will be a rebuild. Uggghhhh!
Page is turned - hopefully any more deals to be made can be done without being so handcuffed by the player.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a disappointing trade for a couple reasons. The 2024 first round pick is a long damn way off for a team that supposedly isn't rebuilding. I wish the 3rd rounder were a 2nd rounder and idk why we are giving them a pick back, even if it is just a 5th. Bunnaman and Rubtsov are clearly throw-ins that will not make an impact either way, as you said Awaz.

All of that said, Claude Giroux held all of the cards at this point and also perhaps has earned this opportunity. This was probably at least the 3rd best offer on the table, which is unfortunate, but there's nothing we can do about it.

This is still obviously a better move than re-signing Giroux for too much money or letting him walk for absolutely nothing.

It's great that he was able to be honored for 1,000 games as a Flyer before he left, cementing his status as a Flyer legend forever.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it's worth, it's also pretty special that G has put up exactly 900 points in 1,000 games as a Flyer. If he wins a Cup in Florida, it will just further prove that we never gave him a good enough supporting cast in Philly to get it done, quite frankly.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man does Tippett look good!!

Please keep it up. It will make finally trading Giroux a god send.

Another red head WTF?

Last edited:

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think how this trade went down pretty much shows you why this organization is in the situation they are in.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think how this trade went down pretty much shows you why this organization is in the situation they are in.

Yep. And another example of why this re-tooling plan is such a stretch. You have to get pretty damn lucky to generate surplus value in trades. Not to mention trying to do it when all of your players are in the midst of a 2nd down year in a row.

And to create the amount of extra value this team needs to be competitive? Long shot. Their only hope is that young players unexpectedly break out.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Below "quite frankly" is the most IDIOTIC statement i've ever read on this board. Talking about a 2nd or 3rd line wing making 4 million in Florida and a top PAID center on the Flyers. Its like talking apples and wrenches. I cant believe this type of idiocy got a thumbs up.

"If he wins a Cup in Florida, it will just further prove that we never gave him a good enough supporting cast in Philly to get it done, quite frankly."

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We have had Giroux as a bad leader for 10 years and he showed us how selfish he really is.
It's just the same song and dance. Never really self evaluating how you are doing business. Letting certain players and nostalgia run the show. Screwing up contracts and continuing to make the same mistakes in giving contracts out year after year. For example....Hayes gets more money than anyone else is offering AND the NMC to boot. One or the other, never both. Yet we do it every time with free agents.

This team is filled with underachieving first rounders so maybe they can all get it together since expectations from the fanbase is now officially out the window.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Below "quite frankly" is the most IDIOTIC statement i've ever read on this board. Talking about a 2nd or 3rd line wing making 4 million in Florida and a top PAID center on the Flyers. Its like talking apples and wrenches. I cant believe this type of idiocy got a thumbs up.

"If he wins a Cup in Florida, it will just further prove that we never gave him a good enough supporting cast in Philly to get it done, quite frankly."
Everything I am reading seems to say he will be on the top line in Florida. If he doesn't show up in the playoffs with that team's top 9 it is very damning for Giroux.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was a good overall player, that's it period. Look at all our playoffs with him and see how many BIG games he actually showed up for. Getting rid of him is great for the moral of the team IMO. The main thing now is to get rid of Fletcher before he destroys this team and gives out 10 year contracts ala Suter and Parise.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just the same song and dance. Never really self evaluating how you are doing business. Letting certain players and nostalgia run the show. Screwing up contracts and continuing to make the same mistakes in giving contracts out year after year. For example....Hayes gets more money than anyone else is offering AND the NMC to boot. One or the other, never both. Yet we do it every time with free agents.

This team is filled with underachieving first rounders so maybe they can all get it together since expectations from the fanbase is now officially out the window.
On the Hayes conversation all you have to do is check my posts at the time of his signing. I argued against years and the big salary not both. i didn't mind the big money or the lots of years but we should never give both. My posts are on this board to back that up.

Its tough digging out of the hole Hextall put us in.