• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm open to all 7. I wouldn't be pushing to move Provorov, but I am open to it if they can get a difference maker on offense.

Just need to be careful penciling York in to replace him. I'd rather see them add another 2LHD caliber guy to go with Sanheim/York, if they move Provorov. Just in case things crumble. York only has like 10 games of experience so far.
This is why I think if the Avs do a deal it will involve Girard. It would obviously have to have more meat on it from the Avs but I could see maybe him, Compher and something else. As much as I'd like to say Landeskogs injury is a huge burden for them, at the same time Kadri is having a good season to.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I think if the Avs do a deal it will involve Girard. It would obviously have to have more meat on it from the Avs but I could see maybe him, Compher and something else. As much as I'd like to say Landeskogs injury is a huge burden for them, at the same time Kadri is having a good season to.
We would need to make a trade of some of our defenseman to take on Girards 5 million salary.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Colorado's last 2 trades have been to get bigger on defense, therefore someone has to go. I could def see something along the lines of Giroux for Girard, Compher and Jack Johnson plus maybe apick. That leaves room to trade Provy for a offensive guy, not sure who though.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think after the signing of Risto and the emergence of Sanheim its all but a done deal that Prov is going to get traded. Im just hoping we dont get robbed in a trade for him with other GM's knowing its pretty clear he has to get moved. If we were to somehow keep him our top four defenseman will be earning almost 23 million between the four which is almost 30% of the cap. This is just my opinion i have not read anything regarding a Prov trade.

York needs to use this year and next too gain his experience as he will be on our top pair in the coming years.

It's a lot to spend on the cap, but they just got burned last season trying to use Provorov, Sanheim, Braun and some combination of Ghost/Myers. And they blamed it on relying too much on youth. It'd be a weird about face to then decide Sanheim, Risto, Ellis, and some combination of York/Zamula would work as your top 4 for next year. I guess Risto/Ellis are older than Provy/Sanheim were and Sanheim is obviously a couple years older. Still just seems weird.

But you're absolutely right, it's a lot to spend. So maybe it does back them in to trading Provorov. I just think they'll need to bring in another top 4-ish guy. If he ends up being 'better than 3rd pair guy' playing 3rd pair, that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Honestly, they basically need another Braun lol.

Last edited:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Colorado's last 2 trades have been to get bigger on defense, therefore someone has to go. I could def see something along the lines of Giroux for Girard, Compher and Jack Johnson plus maybe apick. That leaves room to trade Provy for a offensive guy, not sure who though.

Colorado now has Makar, Johnson, Girard, Toews, Manson, Byram as their likely top 6 right? Murray, Macdermid, and J. Johnson probably don't play in an ideal world. I think they could sit on that.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Hertl is going to re-sign in San Jose. Deal seems close on twitter.

Should increase Giroux's value a little bit, as long as he waives for more than 1 team. Not a lot of alternatives to him out there.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Hertl is going to re-sign in San Jose. Deal seems close on twitter.

Should increase Giroux's value a little bit, as long as he waives for more than 1 team. Not a lot of alternatives to him out there.

Prov on the list for the first time.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Prov on the list for the first time.

Mm, interesting indeed. Braun also cruising up the list. Also noteworthy that Sanheim is not on the list.

Provorov seems like a draft/summer deal to me. But wouldn't that be interesting.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, on the draft, Savoie and Slafkovsky are my favoirtes. Assuming Wright and Cooley go 1-2 and the Flyers don't get there. Savoie reads like a Briere-type. Small, but skilled, quick, and tenacious. Slafkovsky being the power forward.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mm, interesting indeed. Braun also cruising up the list. Also noteworthy that Sanheim is not on the list.

Provorov seems like a draft/summer deal to me. But wouldn't that be interesting.
I agree that Prov should be a summer deal.

Loving the fact that Braun moved up to the top ten.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, on the draft, Savoie and Slafkovsky are my favoirtes. Assuming Wright and Cooley go 1-2 and the Flyers don't get there. Savoie reads like a Briere-type. Small, but skilled, quick, and tenacious. Slafkovsky being the power forward.
I watched Slafkovsky during the Olympics and he was just bigger and better than everyone on both teams.

He has size and speed and would fit great in our top 6.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colorado now has Makar, Johnson, Girard, Toews, Manson, Byram as their likely top 6 right? Murray, Macdermid, and J. Johnson probably don't play in an ideal world. I think they could sit on that.
But they also just traded for Sturm, why do that if you're not putting him in the line up? Somehow you have to replace the offensive output your losing with Landeskog, I think it would be a huge assumption to say Landeskog will be back and healthy come playoff time.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FLA doesn’t have a 1st round pick until 2024 now. If Giroux goes to FLA, it’d probably be all roster players or picks. Might they be able to swing Tippet and Denisenko? Would fit Fletcher’s timeline better than the 2023 1st would have anyway.

Chiarot to FLA for their 2023 1st, 4th, and a prospect taken in the 3rd last year. That’s a heck of a return for Chiarot. Hopefully means the Flyers can get a 2nd for Braun. Should ratchet up the intensity for him too, not many cheap RHD available.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also. Teams making me look foolish with all these deals ahead of the deadline. Whoops.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mm. Was missing perhaps the key to the whole G-to-FLA thing. Reading around, Anton Lundell could be the key cog. Seems like a Newhook level ask though.

Cmon deadline day. Let’s see what we have to move forward with.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they also just traded for Sturm, why do that if you're not putting him in the line up? Somehow you have to replace the offensive output your losing with Landeskog, I think it would be a huge assumption to say Landeskog will be back and healthy come playoff time.

Sturm is a forward I think.