• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are you thinking from Colorado? They seem like an awkward fit now with Ristolainen resigned. Helleson and Barron seemed to be the major options from Colorado and they're both RHD. With Ellis and Risto signed, seems like that would be a waste of your best tradeable asset in Giroux. Assuming Newhook and Byram are out, they just don't seem to match now.

I'm just trying to figure out how the Flyers add high end talent, which is what Fletcher admitted the team needs. Maybe they move Giroux for a high potential LHD, hope he pans out, free up enough space to add a Giroux-level replacement in free agency, and then move Sanheim or Provorov for what you hope is a high end forward? But for Provorov in particular, they'd be dealing him at his lowest value. Which is why it's so difficult to trade your way to success, especially from a team that has shit the bed two years in a row. You're selling low on everyone.

To me, Fletcher's hopes here rely on the injured guys being enough to get them to playoff-caliber, getting Gaudreau on a home-town discount, and that one of these moves returns a guy that has a massive breakout next year to take them to 'contender'. Seems like some pretty long odds to me.

They're 30th in the league in goals and their best offensive player is most likely gone in a couple weeks. Where is the offense going to come from next year? The big impact injuries are even defensive (Couturier, Hayes, Ellis). They need to do more than replace Giroux up front; they're bad offensively with him.
I'm still holding out for something evolving Newhook, probably wishful thinking but you never know. I just don't see Fletcher pulling off anything that will remotely resemble high end talent. I have a feeling we see a very minable return for Giroux. Sucks ass when you've lost faith.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still holding out for something evolving Newhook, probably wishful thinking but you never know. I just don't see Fletcher pulling off anything that will remotely resemble high end talent. I have a feeling we see a very minable return for Giroux. Sucks ass when you've lost faith.

Newhook would be an A+. That's the most exciting possible outcome that I've read or heard. I could see the Fletcher getting wild with adding to Giroux to try to get there. But you just don't see those types of moves very often.

My money is on Denisenko or Tippet from FLA. Tippet seems to fit the 'bigger, heavy game' that I think the Flyers want to pursue. Denisenko would bring some desperately needed speed and excitement.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like it will be difficult to drop below our current 4th worst in the league, but with 23 games and a few trades, I have confidence we can get it done.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the Athletic:

• There’s been a constant four to five teams keeping in touch with Philadelphia on pending UFA defenseman Justin Braun, 35. His $1.8-million AAV is an attractive aspect with so many teams right at the cap. So are his 100 career playoff games. I’m guessing the Flyers are hoping for a second-round pick, and maybe they get it. My sense is most teams want him for a third-round pick right now.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers ( i believe this is correct) have 16 loses by 1 goal.

This is one area that we need to get better in amongst a lot of other areas.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purdue sorry about your boys losing in the title game. I thought it was their chance to silence the critics.:nono:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tough break for Landeskog and with 30 goals and 60 points in 51 games has solidified himself as a star in this league is now out. What are the Avs willing to do to offset his loss?

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purdue sorry about your boys losing in the title game. I thought it was their chance to silence the critics.:nono:
Thanks LAS. Being one of theirs critics, not hopeful for a deep run. If you recall I said the game AT Michigan was the true test case. They got blown out there and have played with very little confidence since.

Could be AWAZ v Purdue in 2nd round. I’ll be looking for points - the Hokies are peaking at the right time

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also built a team above slight mediocrity in Minnesota. His teams never made past the 2nd round of any playoff run. He had Beaudroux for a coach, he also gave 2 outrageous contracts to Suter and to Parise which tied his hands to bringing in any final pieces to push for the cup. He also had the luck of bringing in a young Devyn Dubnik who behind a solider defense could have done way better. When Yeo took over the Wild went down hill fast, then he sputtered with a high caliber team in St.louis only to be fired and then watch Berube win a cup with the same talent pool. The Flyers woes are not on Fletcher yet, but remember, Ellis is strike one in my book, Risto deal is strike 2. He still hasn't hired a coach, and like you said, we still have the trade deadline to get through. If he rehires Yeo then I'll def be gone for good.
Making it to the second round would be like winning a cup for us these days.

Does Fletcher get any credit for trading for our best player and team leader in points and plus/minus cam Atkinson?. Maybe he can lose a strike for that.

The Risto deal is says to me that with Sanheims development that a Prov deal may be in the works. You hate killed Prov over the years so i dont think you would mind that one bit. This is only my opinion i haven't heard anything to think this may be true.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks LAS. Being one of theirs critics, not hopeful for a deep run. If you recall I said the game AT Michigan was the true test case. They got blown out there and have played with very little confidence since.

Could be AWAZ v Purdue in 2nd round. I’ll be looking for points - the Hokies are peaking at the right time
I just did my brackets and in separate ones i have them both meeting up in round 2 and both advancing in different pools.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AWAZ Congrats on Va Tech winning the ACC!!! :thumb:

Yessir! Thank you. Definitely hitting their stride at the right time. VT turning in to a basketball school!?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Should be fun! Hopefully they both get through Round 1 unscathed.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making it to the second round would be like winning a cup for us these days.

Does Fletcher get any credit for trading for our best player and team leader in points and plus/minus cam Atkinson?. Maybe he can lose a strike for that.

The Risto deal is says to me that with Sanheims development that a Prov deal may be in the works. You hate killed Prov over the years so i dont think you would mind that one bit. This is only my opinion i haven't heard anything to think this may be true.

I was thinking the same on Provorov. When Dreger made the comment about Sanheim, my first reaction was 'why not Provorov instead?'. They seem to like the Sanheim/Risto pair and Yeo has loosened the leash on Sanheim a bit and it's making a big difference in his game. Also took Provorov off the PP the past couple games.

The Voracek/Atkinson deal looks great. No question. And I still really like the Ellis deal too. Just hope he can get healthy.

My issue with Fletcher is he seems to be closing himself off cap-wise, before he can make the high impact changes he says needs to happen. With a lot of money a guy that doesn't move the needle that much to me. Maybe he pulls a rabbit out of a hat, but I'm concerned to say the least. Where is the offense going to come from next year?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the same on Provorov. When Dreger made the comment about Sanheim, my first reaction was 'why not Provorov instead?'. They seem to like the Sanheim/Risto pair and Yeo has loosened the leash on Sanheim a bit and it's making a big difference in his game. Also took Provorov off the PP the past couple games.

The Voracek/Atkinson deal looks great. No question. And I still really like the Ellis deal too. Just hope he can get healthy.

My issue with Fletcher is he seems to be closing himself off cap-wise, before he can make the high impact changes he says needs to happen. With a lot of money a guy that doesn't move the needle that much to me. Maybe he pulls a rabbit out of a hat, but I'm concerned to say the least. Where is the offense going to come from next year?
I have to give him a chance as we could trade Prov for an offensive player plus Couts is coming back and Hayes will be 100% We will only be losing 42 points from Giroux which can easily be made up by those two. The 20 points by Prov can easily be made up by York and we still have a top 4 pick as well as the player Prov goes for, plus summer trades. No super stars that we need but hopefully the fourth pick in this years draft will be very good and we can get a high pick next years too. Plus the best news ever is that JVR could be traded at next years deadline.

This is all assuming we are trading Prov which i haven't heard anything about just me guessing.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to give him a chance as we could trade Prov for an offensive player plus Couts is coming back and Hayes will be 100% We will only be losing 42 points from Giroux which can easily be made up by those two. The 20 points by Prov can easily be made up by York and we still have a top 4 pick as well as the player Prov goes for, plus summer trades. No super stars that we need but hopefully the fourth pick in this years draft will be very good and we can get a high pick next years too. Plus the best news ever is that JVR could be traded at next years deadline.

This is all assuming we are trading Prov which i haven't heard anything about just me guessing.

My concern offensively is that all equates to making up for Giroux leaving. And their offense is terrible this season. Even if Giroux were staying, they'd need major improvement offensively. And there's not a lot of room to do it, barring some serious breakout years from some guys.

Moving Provorov would be a way to add to the offense. You'd really be selling low though, most likely. We'll see what the return is for Giroux. That could tell us where Fletcher is thinking. If it's a dman, then Provorov or Sanheim would appear to be on the block, you'd assume for a forward at that point. If the Giroux return is a forward, then maybe they'll stand pat with Provorov and Sanheim.

And trading JvR at next years deadline is the best time to move his contract. They can eat 50% without hurting themselves much and some team will take a flier on him at 3.5M. Assuming of course they're sellers again next year. Which I expect will have a lot of the Flyers brass losing their minds, even if the fans expect it.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My concern offensively is that all equates to making up for Giroux leaving. And their offense is terrible this season. Even if Giroux were staying, they'd need major improvement offensively. And there's not a lot of room to do it, barring some serious breakout years from some guys.

Moving Provorov would be a way to add to the offense. You'd really be selling low though, most likely. We'll see what the return is for Giroux. That could tell us where Fletcher is thinking. If it's a dman, then Provorov or Sanheim would appear to be on the block, you'd assume for a forward at that point. If the Giroux return is a forward, then maybe they'll stand pat with Provorov and Sanheim.

And trading JvR at next years deadline is the best time to move his contract. They can eat 50% without hurting themselves much and some team will take a flier on him at 3.5M. Assuming of course they're sellers again next year. Which I expect will have a lot of the Flyers brass losing their minds, even if the fans expect it.
All of this remains to be seen so we just have to wait and not give up on Fletcher yet because he is trying to swim up stream without any oars after Hextall handcuffed this franchise for years.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team to land Giroux Odds
Florida Panthers+200
Colorado Avalanche +400
Toronto Maple Leafs+1000
St. Louis Blues +1500

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team to land GirouxOdds
Florida Panthers+200
Colorado Avalanche+400
Toronto Maple Leafs+1000
St. Louis Blues+1500

Looking like the Panthers or Avs then. Man, I just want a piece to be excited about. :hope: