• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only Flyers note from Friedman today is to not rule out STL for Giroux. Looking through their prospect group I'm not sure what the Flyers would be interested in from them. Their best young player / prospect option is Perunovich, but he's basically a clone of York. If there's one thing the Flyers don't really need right now it's LHD. Sanheim, Provorov, York, and Zamula probably have that covered unless they plan on moving one or move of them.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we get a middle rounder for Martin Jones and if so why haven't we traded him yet. We have several good goalies that could replace him as the backup and get a couple of NHL game experience before the season is over.

I dont know if anyone watched the Olympics but Ivan Fedotov was one of the top goalies there and hes like our 4th best goalie prospect.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This may have been posted before, it's an older article. But in perhaps the best Flyers related news of this season, Brink has been great. Last I saw, he leads the NCAA in points and is on the short list for the Hobey Baker. Only unanimous 1st teamer in his conference. Attard was 1 vote behind him. He's had a good season too.

Most of what I've read on twitter suggests Brink and Attard will sign after their seasons and probably at least get some Phantoms games.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This may have been posted before, it's an older article. But in perhaps the best Flyers related news of this season, Brink has been great. Last I saw, he leads the NCAA in points and is on the short list for the Hobey Baker. Only unanimous 1st teamer in his conference. Attard was 1 vote behind him. He's had a good season too.

Most of what I've read on twitter suggests Brink and Attard will sign after their seasons and probably at least get some Phantoms games.
Brink is another mighty mite. He is really small but goes to the net front and battles and when he is on the big club he will be a fan favorite.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the Risto signing, the Flyers are at 73.4M for next year. Need a 6th dman, a backup goalie and 2 forwards, one of which to replace Giroux. Plus your 3 scratches.

These are the kinds of deals that totally screw you over. Because now that Risto is signed and that 5M is gone, you're basically backed into a corner of making a shit trade to move JvR's cap space so you can try to improve the roster. They did the same damn thing with the Ghost trade. No team, particularly not the Flyers, have the assets to continually dump them to move cap hits. Yes, don't sign those shit contracts in the first place, but if you have them on your team you have to be smart about how you use the rest of your money. You can't piss it away on mediocre talent that forces you to move assets to move cap space.

I don't understand why GM's do this shit. It's not just Fletcher (or other Flyers GMs).

All told this Risto acquisition and subsequent signing is going to cost Hagg, 1st rounder, two 2nd rounders, Ghost, JvR, and whatever the Flyers have to use to sweeten the JvR pot. That's asinine and should get a GM fired. It is absolutely pathetic asset management.

I hate to be that "rip it all down" guy. But anyone involved in the decision to re-sign Ristolainen will actively prevent the Flyers from beinging competitive until they are gone. They summed it up well on the Broad Street Hockey podcast, if you want the Flyers to bottom out and draft high, you're going to get it one way or another. Because this leadership group will force them there eventually.

Last edited:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we’re going to get back to being hard to play against. How exciting. It’s proven to be such a good way to win a cup these days.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
After the Risto signing, the Flyers are at 73.4M for next year. Need a 6th dman, a backup goalie and 2 forwards, one of which to replace Giroux. Plus your 3 scratches.

These are the kinds of deals that totally screw you over. Because now that Risto is signed and that 5M is gone, you're basically backed into a corner of making a shit trade to move JvR's cap space so you can try to improve the roster. They did the same damn thing with the Ghost trade. No team, particularly not the Flyers, have the assets to continually dump them to move cap hits. Yes, don't sign those shit contracts in the first place, but if you have them on your team you have to be smart about how you use the rest of your money. You can't piss it away on mediocre talent that forces you to move assets to move cap space.

I don't understand why GM's do this shit. It's not just Fletcher (or other Flyers GMs).

All told this Risto acquisition and subsequent signing is going to cost Hagg, 1st rounder, two 2nd rounders, Ghost, JvR, and whatever the Flyers have to use to sweeten the JvR pot. That's asinine and should get a GM fired. It is absolutely pathetic asset management.

I hate to be that "rip it all down" guy. But anyone involved in the decision to re-sign Ristolainen will actively prevent the Flyers from beinging competitive until they are gone. They summed it up well on the Broad Street Hockey podcast, if you want the Flyers to bottom out and draft high, you're going to get it one way or another. Because this leadership group will force them there eventually.
Well said, this is so bad. A signing to try and justify the assets that were allocated for him instead of just admitting the mistake and moving on.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I think we’re going to get back to being hard to play against. How exciting. It’s proven to be such a good way to win a cup these days.
Hard to play against as in from an away fans perspective of being awful to watch right?:L:L:L

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said, this is so bad. A signing to try and justify the assets that were allocated for him instead of just admitting the mistake and moving on.

I'm fucking pissed. These guys are a joke. I need a new hobby.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its so obvious Fletcher didn't want to lose Risto because of what he already gave up to get him.

This move was as bad as they come.

Please god let this be a sign and trade.