• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helleson (COL) and a 2nd for Manson (ANA)

Seems like a large price to pay for Manson. And also Helleson was one of the rumored potential pieces in a Giroux deal.

Edit: Twitter responses seem to think the Avs did well here. Maybe I’m undervaluing Manson.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helleson (COL) and a 2nd for Manson (ANA)

Seems like a large price to pay for Manson. And also Helleson was one of the rumored potential pieces in a Giroux deal.

Edit: Twitter responses seem to think the Avs did well here. Maybe I’m undervaluing Manson.
How is Manson going for this much and Braun is only fetching a 3rd maybe 2nd at this point?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Manson going for this much and Braun is only fetching a 3rd maybe 2nd at this point?

That was my thought also.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was my thought also.
I would think because wherever Braun goes it will just be for the playoffs, his value is also probably not as high as we think it is. He won't be going anywhere to play top minutes or on a top PP, he's pretty much a injury hole filler, not sure where the price starts at for that role lol.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think because wherever Braun goes it will just be for the playoffs, his value is also probably not as high as we think it is. He won't be going anywhere to play top minutes or on a top PP, he's pretty much a injury hole filler, not sure where the price starts at for that role lol.
Well Landeskog out the Avs better get serious and trade for Giroux with a nice package.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking like the Panthers or Avs then. Man, I just want a piece to be excited about. :hope:
Neither one of them have a first or a 2nd in 2022-23
Neither one has a 2nd rounder in 2023-24

These two teams will have to get creative come the deadline.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Landeskog out the Avs better get serious and trade for Giroux with a nice package.
Yep, gonna cost them if their serious about making a cup run. Def gonna cost them big time, wouldn't be surprised to see a deal where Girard is involved, with the addition of Mason that seems likely a more serious scenario. Of course it would probably involve someone like Compher or Jost also. Just my opinion.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, gonna cost them if their serious about making a cup run. Def gonna cost them big time, wouldn't be surprised to see a deal where Girard is involved, with the addition of Mason that seems likely a more serious scenario. Of course it would probably involve someone like Compher or Jost also. Just my opinion.

Was just going to look up Jost again because he was a more interesting option than Compher to me.

Turns out, they just traded him to the Wild! So I guess he won't be coming to Philly either. Lots of rumored-to-be Giroux pieces getting moved out of Colorado.

Does clear cap space for them though......

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just going to look up Jost again because he was a more interesting option than Compher to me.

Turns out, they just traded him to the Wild! So I guess he won't be coming to Philly either. Lots of rumored-to-be Giroux pieces getting moved out of Colorado.

Does clear cap space for them though......
I personally think that they are making moves so they dont have to add Giroux. If they just wanted to clear cap space they could put Landeskog on LTIR.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think that they are making moves so they dont have to add Giroux. If they just wanted to clear cap space they could put Landeskog on LTIR.

They're definitely focused on adding some size first. Manson and Sturm both bring more physicality to the lineup.

I will say, in addition to the cap space thing you mentioned, a good GM is careful about adding the top guy available. Adding Giroux is going to hurt their future by a good bit. And the deals talked about should net the Flyers 2 NHL-ers at least. That's 2 cost controlled contributors that the Avs won't have available to them in the future. I could absolutely see Sakic steering clear of that type of deal, trusting his draft/develop process, and getting more kicks at the can. They are already one of the favorites this year, why jeopardize future years to get a little bit better this year? At the very least, it makes a lot of sense to get these other moves, that address bigger needs, done first.

Other side of the coin of course, you're a favorite now, this could be your best shot at winning one. Shoot your shot.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're definitely focused on adding some size first. Manson and Sturm both bring more physicality to the lineup.

I will say, in addition to the cap space thing you mentioned, a good GM is careful about adding the top guy available. Adding Giroux is going to hurt their future by a good bit. And the deals talked about should net the Flyers 2 NHL-ers at least. That's 2 cost controlled contributors that the Avs won't have available to them in the future. I could absolutely see Sakic steering clear of that type of deal, trusting his draft/develop process, and getting more kicks at the can. They are already one of the favorites this year, why jeopardize future years to get a little bit better this year? At the very least, it makes a lot of sense to get these other moves, that address bigger needs, done first.

Other side of the coin of course, you're a favorite now, this could be your best shot at winning one. Shoot your shot.
Sounds like Giroux is being played as a pawn across the 3 or so teams seemingly interested.

Lots of jockeying - but I agree with the part of this post / Avs are not going to trade for Giroux.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Giroux is being played as a pawn across the 3 or so teams seemingly interested.

Lots of jockeying - but I agree with the part of this post / Avs are not going to trade for Giroux.

I was just spit balling on las’ original idea. I’ll give him the credit for the idea

Seems like FLA is the destination for G.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with this and there could be a few more players on this list.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with this and there could be a few more players on this list.

I'm open to all 7. I wouldn't be pushing to move Provorov, but I am open to it if they can get a difference maker on offense.

Just need to be careful penciling York in to replace him. I'd rather see them add another 2LHD caliber guy to go with Sanheim/York, if they move Provorov. Just in case things crumble. York only has like 10 games of experience so far.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm open to all 7. I wouldn't be pushing to move Provorov, but I am open to it if they can get a difference maker on offense.

Just need to be careful penciling York in to replace him. I'd rather see them add another 2LHD caliber guy to go with Sanheim/York, if they move Provorov. Just in case things crumble. York only has like 10 games of experience so far.
I think after the signing of Risto and the emergence of Sanheim its all but a done deal that Prov is going to get traded. Im just hoping we dont get robbed in a trade for him with other GM's knowing its pretty clear he has to get moved. If we were to somehow keep him our top four defenseman will be earning almost 23 million between the four which is almost 30% of the cap. This is just my opinion i have not read anything regarding a Prov trade.

York needs to use this year and next too gain his experience as he will be on our top pair in the coming years.