• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I'm glad we got rid of that pussy, that's a hockey play all day every day!
Pretty good shot to the jaw.... not saying it was a dirty play, but he got popped !

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Flyers need to really solidify their FO and coaching staff with solid people who bring a fresh approach to get rid of that bad smell that Hextall left for the total destruction of a once proud organization. This is similar to what the Lakers need to do. Once you get that in place, then better player personnel decisions will be made because the associated context established by a solid FO infrastructure is in place to implement a common winning direction and purpose.

It is just a sad day that the Flyers now have to sacrifice a guy like Giroux to clean-up the mess that some incompetent douchebag masquerading as a GM left behind.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good shot to the jaw.... not saying it was a dirty play, but he got popped !
Oh for sure, but that play happens all the time, just inadvertently caught him a little high. Unfortunately for him head injuries are going to end his career.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Flyers need to really solidify their FO and coaching staff with solid people who bring a fresh approach to get rid of that bad smell that Hextall left for the total destruction of a once proud organization. This is similar to what the Lakers need to do. Once you get that in place, then better player personnel decisions will be made because the associated context established by a solid FO infrastructure is in place to implement a common winning direction and purpose.

It is just a sad day that the Flyers now have to sacrifice a guy like Giroux to clean-up the mess that some incompetent douchebag masquerading as a GM left behind.
The Briere signing was a good first step in the direction you are looking for.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on lasgop and I fully agree. The Flyers need to continue the process until the FO is complete.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cant skate around in the NHL with your head down.

He needs to have his head on a swivel especially after all his concussions.
I was at the game where Darius Kasparitis leveled Lindros - skating with his head down....

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting pretty good at blowing leads before they turn in to 2 points and a rise in the standings.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awaz there is a good story on all the best players in the 2023 draft in the Athletic.

Thanks for the tip. Interesting read! Sounds like Bedard and Michkov are generational types. Fantilli looks like a star power forward type. The guy that wrote the article said it's probably the best class he's covered in his 10 years doing it. Particularly for forwards.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting pretty good at blowing leads before they turn in to 2 points and a rise in the standings.
Rofl Seriously. You grab a 3-2 lead with less than 4 minutes left and lose 3-5 in regulation!?! How is that even possible?

Did we pull the goalie with the lead?

Jason Bateman Cotton GIF

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not ready to blow the entire team up and start rebuilding for many years as many of you would probably suggest. Several things need to happen though.

1st: Get healthy.

2nd: Make a few smart trades to gain assets. We're obviously big sellers at the deadline this season.

3rd: Utilize those assets to draft or trade for high end talent.

4th: This summer re-evaluate what we have at every position, who to keep, who to move on from and whether we have a young replacement in-house already or not.

Does anyone really, truly know what we have with this current team when we are 100% healthy? The answer is no because it really has never been the case this entire season. It's too small of a sample size, but we were 2-1-1 with Ryan Ellis and 13-24-8 without him. Sean Couturier is the heart and soul of this team not only is he out for the season, but I'm pretty sure he was playing hurt long before that. You can go on and on with other critical injuries.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not ready to blow the entire team up and start rebuilding for many years as many of you would probably suggest. Several things need to happen though.

1st: Get healthy.

2nd: Make a few smart trades to gain assets. We're obviously big sellers at the deadline this season.

3rd: Utilize those assets to draft or trade for high end talent.

4th: This summer re-evaluate what we have at every position, who to keep, who to move on from and whether we have a young replacement in-house already or not.

Does anyone really, truly know what we have with this current team when we are 100% healthy? The answer is no because it really has never been the case this entire season. It's too small of a sample size, but we were 2-1-1 with Ryan Ellis and 13-24-8 without him. Sean Couturier is the heart and soul of this team not only is he out for the season, but I'm pretty sure he was playing hurt long before that. You can go on and on with other critical injuries.
Yep it's a big ? Just very frustrating as it looked like they were heading in the right direction then boom everything goes wrong. First and foremost the D needs to be fixed or they will continue to flounder. I bet a few rookie forwards will show up next year which should help the O. Hart will be fine if the D is better.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep it's a big ? Just very frustrating as it looked like they were heading in the right direction then boom everything goes wrong. First and foremost the D needs to be fixed or they will continue to flounder. I bet a few rookie forwards will show up next year which should help the O. Hart will be fine if the D is better.
The biggest piece to our defensive puzzle is Ryan Ellis, but he's only been available for 4 out of 49 games and is probably done for the season. Massive ouch!! I think one could argue that having him 100% healthy and playing 23 minutes per game on the top pair changes everything for us defensively. He's arguably an elite level defenseman that does it all. Put him anywhere and he's successful offensively and defensively.

The point is this is a guy we already have and he's signed for 5 more seasons. We just need to get him healthy.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading a lot of writers speculating about a potential Giroux to Colorado deal. Most of the articles seem to say the return could be something like Colorado's 1st and one of their 2nd tier prospects like Helleson or maybe Barron. Plus a current roster player to make the salaries work (Jost or Compher seem to be the ones mentioned there).

Rather than go 1st and 2nd tier prospects, I would rather see the Flyers do what it takes to get just Newhook. Is Giroux for Newhook straight up a fair deal? Or Giroux+ for Newhook? I think it's weird that you rarely see deals where the seller adds to the deal to get the better prospect. The Avs seem to be drawing a line and saying Newhook and Byram aren't available. But what if it's like Giroux and a 2nd for just Newhook? Or Giroux, Braun, and a draft pick, for Newhook and some cap dumps?

I'd rather see Fletcher approach deals in that regard, than to just get quantity back for Giroux.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From a Colorado perspective, Sampo Ranta and Martin Kaut as the prospect return..

Kaut - "projects as a reliable bottom 6 guy at the NHL level"
Ranta - "The finer skills can lack finesse and touch but he has endearing qualities as a potential fourth liner"

To me, that's not at all what the Flyers need. They're littered with guys that could be quality bottom 6 guys. As we've talked about, their problem is guys like Konecny/Lindblom/Laughton seem to be the skill and play-style for a perfect 3rd line. Adding more guys like them doesn't really help. They need top of the lineup guys. Either for the previous guys to step their game up and be that, or they need to add them.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading a lot of writers speculating about a potential Giroux to Colorado deal. Most of the articles seem to say the return could be something like Colorado's 1st and one of their 2nd tier prospects like Helleson or maybe Barron. Plus a current roster player to make the salaries work (Jost or Compher seem to be the ones mentioned there).

Rather than go 1st and 2nd tier prospects, I would rather see the Flyers do what it takes to get just Newhook. Is Giroux for Newhook straight up a fair deal? Or Giroux+ for Newhook? I think it's weird that you rarely see deals where the seller adds to the deal to get the better prospect. The Avs seem to be drawing a line and saying Newhook and Byram aren't available. But what if it's like Giroux and a 2nd for just Newhook? Or Giroux, Braun, and a draft pick, for Newhook and some cap dumps?

I'd rather see Fletcher approach deals in that regard, than to just get quantity back for Giroux.
Newhook would be a great addition, his potential is untapped and could be huge, just don't think Colorado will part with him.