• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Workouts, OTAs, Mini-Camps, Training Camp

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it neccessary to play a more sedate defense while they were on the field too long?
Could have been but the bend don't break mentality goes a lot further back than last year. NFL offense has changed QB and other skills guys are way more athletic, I hate letting those type teams in the RZ

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Joe Milton III, Drake Maye Headline 3 Studs, 3 Duds From Third Patriots Training Camp Practice​

Will Juju make it through the 1st week?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could have been but the bend don't break mentality goes a lot further back than last year. NFL offense has changed QB and other skills guys are way more athletic, I hate letting those type teams in the RZ
We won a lot of games with "bend don't break" defense.
Really, I called it "game control" We were good enough to let the opponent waste time of possession on plays that would not get them to the endzone. It was very practical play for that defense. That is a rare defense that can make that work.
Our defense now is better off to "kill em' while we have them in the crosshairs"

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won a lot of games with "bend don't break" defense.
Really, I called it "game control" We were good enough to let the opponent waste time of possession on plays that would not get them to the endzone. It was very practical play for that defense. That is a rare defense that can make that work.
Our defense now is better off to "kill em' while we have them in the crosshairs"
Okay I am not going to debate this shit with anyone, I stated what I wanted to see, not what I expect others might want to see.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay I am not going to debate this shit with anyone, I stated what I wanted to see, not what I expect others might want to see.
I agree with you Reb' I was just pointing out that while it was driving us crazy in recent years, it once worked.......

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
" Alex Austin recorded a pass breakup on JuJu Smith-Schuster during a 7-on-7 rep with Brissett at quarterback.
Smith-Schuster has been very underwhelming thus far."

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB always started practice between 8-9 every day. Mayo started today's at 11:00 AM and will continue to do so. He said that he want's everyone to get used to playing in the heat and humidity. He said that practices could go four straight hours through the worst heat of the day. When asked about the danger of overheating, he responded, "They all know the time we'll be on the field. They've all been told to pre-hydrate, maintain hydration and continue hydration after practice. It's no secret. Medical staff will be ready for any unexpected problems."

I sent him an email and told him that he should be here in Palm Coast. It was 87 at 10:00 and it's 90 right now with rain on the way.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith-Schuster has been very underwhelming
He doesn't seem to have the burst or the ability to separate like he did when he was with the Steelers. His injuries may have been a lot worse that anyone has let on, including him. It's tough to quit a career that you've been working at and in since grade school. Telling someone that you can't do what everyone thinks you can goes against every fiber of your being. Telling someone that you aren't good enough to to be paid $8M, $10M or more every year just isn't in most peoples' make up.

What's worse is that coaches refuse to admit that they made a mistake giving the guy a contract with guarantees. Time to let him go. If the Steelers are willing to give up a 2035 seventh round pick, be on that like a popsicle in a heat wave.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't seem to have the burst or the ability to separate like he did when he was with the Steelers. His injuries may have been a lot worse that anyone has let on, including him. It's tough to quit a career that you've been working at and in since grade school. Telling someone that you can't do what everyone thinks you can goes against every fiber of your being. Telling someone that you aren't good enough to to be paid $8M, $10M or more every year just isn't in most peoples' make up.

What's worse is that coaches refuse to admit that they made a mistake giving the guy a contract with guarantees. Time to let him go. If the Steelers are willing to give up a 2035 seventh round pick, be on that like a popsicle in a heat wave.

WR JuJu Smith-Schuster | DUD​

When you watch the Patriots practice, it’s easy to forget JuJu Smith-Schuster is on the roster. He plays slowly, lacks energy, and doesn’t make any big plays in team drills. His speed is gone, as is his ability to separate against quality cornerbacks.

If you were hoping Smith-Schuster could recapture his vintage form this summer, you’ll be sorely disappointed.

DB Azizi Hearn | DUD​

Azizi Hearn got torched by Jalen Reagor on a deep pass in 1-on-1s and had coverage issues throughout practice. We’re probably being too hard on a roster longshot, but the reality is Hearn doesn’t look like an NFL-caliber corner.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According Bertrand and Zo9lack, several teams have been inquiring about the availability of both Judon and Godchaux. They say that no serious offers have been made or at least none are known. Their people are, of course, making calls everywhere to track down the callers.

The unknown suspects:

Baltimore Raven
San Francisco 49ers
Kansas City Chiefs (Whoa)
Philadelphia Eagles
Dallas Cowboys

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According Bertrand and Zo9lack, several teams have been inquiring about the availability of both Judon and Godchaux. They say that no serious offers have been made or at least none are known. Their people are, of course, making calls everywhere to track down the callers.

The unknown suspects:

Baltimore Raven
San Francisco 49ers
Philadelphia Eagles
Dallas Cowboys
In other news, there are rumors swirling that Santa does actually exist, but the world is such a horrible place that he stopped showing up. Some people, of course, are making calls everywhere to validate this claim.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The unknown suspects:

Baltimore Raven
San Francisco 49ers
Philadelphia Eagles
Dallas Cowboys
Titans lost a starting Edge rusher to drugs for the first 6 games as well. Local radio is begging them to go after Judon.