• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Workouts, OTAs, Mini-Camps, Training Camp

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could happen.
IF: (Big if), Brissett gets traded mid year, (as Maye develops into starter?)
Milton develops enough to be a highly desired QB for a big-time trade?
Zappe is a capable QB - if not good enough to be our starter??????
OR

Jacoby comes out the closet and Andrews refuses to bend over and let that man approach him from behind. The team not wanting to break up the continuity of the O Line benches Jacoby. Oddly enough that same week Maye chocks on a basket of whole belly clams the lack of oxygen causes him to pass out, he concusses himself and is rushed to the hospital. Further analysis determined somehow the lack of oxygen has caused brain trauma and Maye now is convinced he is Tom Brady. Team doctors refuse to release him to play. Milton comes into to save the day and tosses his first touchdown pass, upon rushing to the end zone to celebrate the Patriots Fan club fire off their muskets he notices they are in full revolutionary regalia and refuses to back on the field unless they change costumes into coon skin caps and buckskin britches. The of course Zappes is deemed the new starter.

It's just as likely

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OR

Jacoby comes out the closet and Andrews refuses to bend over and let that man approach him from behind. The team not wanting to break up the continuity of the O Line benches Jacoby. Oddly enough that same week Maye chocks on a basket of whole belly clams the lack of oxygen causes him to pass out, he concusses himself and is rushed to the hospital. Further analysis determined somehow the lack of oxygen has caused brain trauma and Maye now is convinced he is Tom Brady. Team doctors refuse to release him to play. Milton comes into to save the day and tosses his first touchdown pass, upon rushing to the end zone to celebrate the Patriots Fan club fire off their muskets he notices they are in full revolutionary regalia and refuses to back on the field unless they change costumes into coon skin caps and buckskin britches. The of course Zappes is deemed the new starter.

It's just as likely
You can come up with so many possible scenarios. In one I have Santa saving the day by giving CRappe a magic football.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything "could" happen.

Brisset might become another TB12.
Maye may become another TB12
Milton might become another TB12.

Who the hell really knows anything?

Zappe might become another Drew Brees. Surprise!!Surprise!!!!

We have a 12 day wait before the rookies arrive for a couple of days of indoctrination and I'm willing to bet that the veterans will all be on site by Monday. First impressions are lasting impressions.

Interesting notes:

Matthew Judon may not report. He's not happy playing for $6,5M after agreeing to having a lump of his salary pulled back to 2023 and then getting hurt. Wolfe tried to get him to sign an extension of 3 years, but he wants longer and.......................MORE!!!!!

Godchaux may not be here either. He wants a big extension and Wolfe won't give him 5 years.

And 2024 begins.
It will be expensive for Judon not to report.
Note that not reporting fines cannot be paid by negotiation - an NFL rule!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be expensive for Judon not to report.
Note that not reporting fines cannot be paid by negotiation - an NFL rule!
What one says and what one does are very different things. Holding out is stupid after what the Patriots did for both Judon and Godchaux. I don't think Wolfe will bend over for either. They can't give a paltry effort either if they do play because they'll both be playing for a big contract come free agency in 2025. Catch 22.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well fellas, the rookies report Friday and 2024 Patriots Training Camp opens.

Reports from Tom Curran are that nearly half of the team is in the weight room and film rooms every day. He also said that players(?) have been seen running laps around the practice field in back of Gillette.

Hopefully it's going to spread and the entire team is all checked in before the veterans are supposed to report on Tuesday.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very interesting take on the OL

Along with the importance of protecting first-round QB Drake Maye, the run game, coupled with overall early-down success, is a significant piece to the puzzle for offensive coordinator Alex Van Pelt. If the Patriots offensive line play doesn't improve, it'll be an uphill battle for this new system to take hold, and it could also impact Maye's developmental timeline.
This is precisely why I thought the Pats should have traded back and drafted heavily on top offensive linemen. Yankee Reb said the same I think. I think...hope?...that Maye will be a really decent QB. I just don't think he will be "Generational". But really decent QB's come out almost every year. Why take one to risk ruining him and setting the team back because you will then STILL need an offensive line and another decent QB.

With that said, we should tell the whole story about the 2023 season as we project forward. Along with hiring former offensive coordinator Bill O'Brien, the Pats tabbed Adrian Klemm as the team's offensive line coach, replacing Matt Patricia, the offense's play-caller in 2022. Rumors swirled throughout the season that Klemm and O'Brien were at odds, with Klemm also unhappy with the front office due to the poor personnel at his disposal.

Then, Klemm took medical leave due to a significant health issue. For the final eight games, assistant offensive line coach Billy Yates ran the room with help from player/de facto coach James Ferentz. The team couldn't have predicted Klemm's health issues, but it was a dysfunctional situation, and the product deteriorated on the field.

So Klemm was pissed with both Bill Belichick and Bill O'Brien? Who drafted/recruited the offensive line? was it BB or B'OB? B'OB was brought back for this so the roster is on BB. Or did Klemm make recommendations that were ignored? Either way a good leader, starting with B'OB fixes dysfunction before it hurts the team. If B'OB couldn't, BB should have.
Is the dysfunction a thing of the past is all I want to know.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears right now that the entire coaching staff is marching to the same drummer. That along with the upgrades in the front officealso appear to have the operation running smoothly.

As far as Klemm is concerned, he never had a coaching position with a professional team. He was pissed at BB because BB would not give him subordinate coaches to handle each position. That was why the Patriots always had the smallest staff, BB wanted his coaches to handle the majority of the work................................................. On the Defense side he had LB, CB, Safety, DL, and Edge coaches. On Offense he had OL, RB, WR/TE and the OC was the QB coach. He would not let Klemm hire OT,OG and C coaches.

Mayo has expanded the staff from 22 coaches to 28. Will that make the improvements that are needed?? In 2023there was ugly confusion on the offense and it never got straightened out. At least in 2024, everyone knows the problems that happened in 2023 and will do everything in their power and ability to prevent it from repeating...........or these 28 might be all looking for jobs in 2025.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something we all should be watching and listening for..........................

During the final two days of mini camp, Caeden Wallace, the kid who was a premier RT in college, moved ahead of Okafor for snaps at LT. Right now, the majority of the media meatheads are saying that he will get the snaps first at LT when the pads are put on and the contact starts. What it sounds like, is that there will be a real fight for that position between a rookie who's trying to switch sides and a vet who has played more RT than LT.

I still think that giving Bahktari a call might be smart move, if only to come in and work with Wallace.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something we all should be watching and listening for..........................

During the final two days of mini camp, Caeden Wallace, the kid who was a premier RT in college, moved ahead of Okafor for snaps at LT. Right now, the majority of the media meatheads are saying that he will get the snaps first at LT when the pads are put on and the contact starts. What it sounds like, is that there will be a real fight for that position between a rookie who's trying to switch sides and a vet who has played more RT than LT.

I still think that giving Bahktari a call might be smart move, if only to come in and work with Wallace.
We're rebuilding. F the "old guys!"

".........the Packers decided to part ways with Bakhtiari, releasing him in March after 11 seasons with the team.
According to the NFL community of executives, coaches, and scouts, the Packers were clearly right by making that call. ESPN's national reporter Jeremy Fowler made the exercise of calling around to see who the top 10 players by position in the league are, and unsurprisingly Bakhtiari didn't crack the tackle list.

Even though the top 10 had zero debuts, and nine players who were already there in 2023, Bakhtiari didn't get a single vote."

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're rebuilding. F the "old guys!"
Just finished watching NFL Highlights 2023 Patriots. It was more about the 2024 Patriots.

Did you know that Anferee Jennings had 110 tackles in 2023?
Did you know that Jahlani Tavai had 100 tackles in 2023?
Did you know that ILB Sione Takitaki had 86 tackles and 3 INTs with the Browns in 2023?

Did you know that KJ Osborne had 158 catches with the Vikings and 15 TDs?

Bits and pieces. Bits and pieces. Little things.

I'm starting to feel that this just might be the right way to put this team back together.

As far as Bahkyiari is concerned, I'm more for bringing him in to help Wallace make the transition from RT to LT. And to fill in part time if necessary.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished watching NFL Highlights 2023 Patriots. It was more about the 2024 Patriots.

Did you know that Anferee Jennings had 110 tackles in 2023?
Did you know that Jahlani Tavai had 100 tackles in 2023?
Did you know that ILB Sione Takitaki had 86 tackles and 3 INTs with the Browns in 2023?

Did you know that KJ Osborne had 158 catches with the Vikings and 15 TDs?

Bits and pieces. Bits and pieces. Little things.

I'm starting to feel that this just might be the right way to put this team back together.

As far as Bahkyiari is concerned, I'm more for bringing him in to help Wallace make the transition from RT to LT. And to fill in part time if necessary.
Yes,
Yes,
Yes,
Yes,
.......Baktiari is too expensive and might not have what it takes?
2021 starts: 1, 2022 starts: 11, 2023 starts: 1

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Along with the importance of protecting first-round QB Drake Maye, the run game, coupled with overall early-down success, is a significant piece to the puzzle for offensive coordinator Alex Van Pelt. If the Patriots offensive line play doesn't improve, it'll be an uphill battle for this new system to take hold, and it could also impact Maye's developmental timeline.
This is precisely why I thought the Pats should have traded back and drafted heavily on top offensive linemen. Yankee Reb said the same I think. I think...hope?...that Maye will be a really decent QB. I just don't think he will be "Generational". But really decent QB's come out almost every year. Why take one to risk ruining him and setting the team back because you will then STILL need an offensive line and another decent QB.

With that said, we should tell the whole story about the 2023 season as we project forward. Along with hiring former offensive coordinator Bill O'Brien, the Pats tabbed Adrian Klemm as the team's offensive line coach, replacing Matt Patricia, the offense's play-caller in 2022. Rumors swirled throughout the season that Klemm and O'Brien were at odds, with Klemm also unhappy with the front office due to the poor personnel at his disposal.

Then, Klemm took medical leave due to a significant health issue. For the final eight games, assistant offensive line coach Billy Yates ran the room with help from player/de facto coach James Ferentz. The team couldn't have predicted Klemm's health issues, but it was a dysfunctional situation, and the product deteriorated on the field.

So Klemm was pissed with both Bill Belichick and Bill O'Brien? Who drafted/recruited the offensive line? was it BB or B'OB? B'OB was brought back for this so the roster is on BB. Or did Klemm make recommendations that were ignored? Either way a good leader, starting with B'OB fixes dysfunction before it hurts the team. If B'OB couldn't, BB should have.
We have no idea if Maye will pan out, and of course beefing up the OL is crucial. In my opinion, the O was garbage mostly because of the stupid mistakes, turnovers, penalties, etc. If they can fix that, it will be a huge improvement.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayo has expanded the staff from 22 coaches to 28. Will that make the improvements that are needed??
If two heads are better than one, are 28 dumbasses any smarter than 22 dumbasses?

I say that in jest of course.

Nobody would think for a second that Klemm could step in and be better than Scar. And I love Troy Brown as a WR...not so much as a WR Coach. etc. etc. etc.

Meaning if they are just more guys and not better coaches, it may just be more. More chaos, more confusion more finger pointing.

If they, collectively or individually, are better than it should not take much to be a vast improvement.
They really just need to get back to mistake free football. That alone would have won them a lot of games the last few years.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really just need to get back to mistake free football. That alone would have won them a lot of games the last few years.
If there is less chaos in the coaching, will that not lead to lessmistakes on the field?

You can also get more injuries when doing what you should not be doing.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can also get more injuries when doing what you should not be doing.....
That is better than a biblical proverb.

BB may have been falling out of touch, but "Just do YOUR job", cannot be stressed enough.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB always started practice between 8-9 every day. Mayo started today's at 11:00 AM and will continue to do so. He said that he want's everyone to get used to playing in the heat and humidity. He said that practices could go four straight hours through the worst heat of the day. When asked about the danger of overheating, he responded, "They all know the time we'll be on the field. They've all been told to pre-hydrate, maintain hydration and continue hydration after practice. It's no secret. Medical staff will be ready for any unexpected problems."

I sent him an email and told him that he should be here in Palm Coast. It was 87 at 10:00 and it's 90 right now with rain on the way.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB always started practice between 8-9 every day. Mayo started today's at 11:00 AM and will continue to do so. He said that he want's everyone to get used to playing in the heat and humidity. He said that practices could go four straight hours through the worst heat of the day. When asked about the danger of overheating, he responded, "They all know the time we'll be on the field. They've all been told to pre-hydrate, maintain hydration and continue hydration after practice. It's no secret. Medical staff will be ready for any unexpected problems."

I sent him an email and told him that he should be here in Palm Coast. It was 87 at 10:00 and it's 90 right now with rain on the way.
90 is for pussies!
I raced in 110 degree weather and motocross is much more physically demanding than football.
I worked in 128 degrees on blacktop that would burn your feet. I'm still here!
If we are going to beat Miami or Jacksonville, we better be able to handle the heat.
Tennessee should be late enough in the season to not be hot.....

When you were in combat in Viet Nam did you take hot days off?