• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Workouts, OTAs, Mini-Camps, Training Camp

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Titans lost a starting Edge rusher to drugs for the first 6 games as well. Local radio is begging them to go after Judon.
I don't think that the Patriots will trade anyone. Certainly not for draft picks next year. They might swap player for player with future picks involved, but giving up Judon or Godchaux for a very late round pick would never return any value. Especially trading with top teams.

Right now, before any games are played and only a week into training camp, Baltimore looks like the next Super Bowl champ. They made some very strong additions to an already strong team. Watching their training camp last night and they're already setting up Derrick Henry wide as a the Z. The guy has 4.3 speed stands 6'3" and weighs 252. I can't even imagine what a mismatch that will be for a CB or even a safety.

The radio guys are speculating because there are teams looking to make a big move. Patriots had five guys in for tryouts this past Monday. The Bill and Bengals each had four guys in for tryouts yesterday. Jets signed TE Frisker yesterday and cut a rookie LB. The Chiefs are watching every transaction because they need WRs as do the Bills. Every team is calling all of the bottom feeders to see if they can pry away any of their top players.

I think the team to really watch out for this year will be the Texans. Every move that Caserio has made looks to be very calculated to fit with what they had last year.

Had to take a drink of water to stop laughing when NFLN visited Pittsburgh. Their starting QB will be either Russell Wilson or Justin Fields. Neither had a QB rating above 58.6 last year.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that the Patriots will trade anyone. Certainly not for draft picks next year. They might swap player for player with future picks involved,
I agree
they're already setting up Derrick Henry wide as a the Z. The guy has 4.3 speed stands 6'3" and weighs 252. I can't even imagine what a mismatch that will be for a CB or even a safety.
Had 4.3 speed.
Had to take a drink of water to stop laughing when NFLN visited Pittsburgh. Their starting QB will be either Russell Wilson or Justin Fields. Neither had a QB rating above 58.6 last year.
Wow.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots will have full pad, full contact practice on Monday. The original plan was to have the same on Tuesday.
Because it was said that the "original" plan was to have the same on Tuesday, makes one wonder if that has been changed.
Walk-through was planned for Wednesday with film and offense and defense meetings.

Thursday the Panthers will be the opponents. Considering that the Panthers and Patriots were so bad last year, this might be a very good game for both teams to get their feet wet.

It's preseason and I expect Jakoby Brissett will start. I wonder if Mayo will want to see all four QBs get some playing time. A quarter each????

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots will have full pad, full contact practice on Monday. The original plan was to have the same on Tuesday.
Because it was said that the "original" plan was to have the same on Tuesday, makes one wonder if that has been changed.
Walk-through was planned for Wednesday with film and offense and defense meetings.

Thursday the Panthers will be the opponents. Considering that the Panthers and Patriots were so bad last year, this might be a very good game for both teams to get their feet wet.

It's preseason and I expect Jakoby Brissett will start. I wonder if Mayo will want to see all four QBs get some playing time. A quarter each????
Will they play Zappe to "show" him for trade or will they park him and wait for calls?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go get em' Coach!

This is what Mayo needed to do. Yes we took him at #3 overall, yes typically when drafted that high you expect a day one starter. Most if no all here have stated, start the best QB on day 1. If Maye needs a year to develop and we have a Qb that can start day one, Im okay with that.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots will have full pad, full contact practice on Monday.
WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patriots had a full pad practice Sunday inside Gillette for Season Ticket Holders and the Media. On Monday (yesterday) they had a 90 minutes "light" practice without should pads. Reports are that it was an intense offensive practice inside the 10 yard line. No contact.

Today is a full pad practice with the Eagles. Warnings have been given to both head coaches that fights will not be tolerated by either the Krafts or Jeff Laurie. There will be an officiated scrimmage, most likely by the team of officials that will be doing the Game on Thursday night.

Tomorrow, both teams will have walk throughs inside Gillette. Supposedly, no media will be allowed inside the stadium tomorrow. Guess they'll all be up on the veranda of the CBS Restaurant on the other side of the lighthouse.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grfeat scrimmage by the Patriots offense. 14 completed passes. 15 Sacks.

Need I write more??? Thursday night could be a thriller or a nightmare.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grfeat scrimmage by the Patriots offense. 14 completed passes. 15 Sacks.

Need I write more??? Thursday night could be a thriller or a nightmare.
15 Sacks???

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15 Sacks???
OL had some serious problems with the Eagles pass rush. The Onwenu, Anderson and Sow were just plain terrible. The rookie Wallace was the only bright light. That and David Andrews was on the sideline to allow the staff to observe who 'might' be his back-up.

The only good thing was that the QBs were not tackled, they were "touched" before they could release the pass. That was labeled as a sack.

Not a very good showing for the OL. Someone (Wolfe??) had best get their shit together and maybe sign some castoffs who might be able to block. If this crap continues, the Patriots might not have enough quarterbacks to complete an seventeen game season.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL had some serious problems with the Eagles pass rush. The Onwenu, Anderson and Sow were just plain terrible. The rookie Wallace was the only bright light. That and David Andrews was on the sideline to allow the staff to observe who 'might' be his back-up.

The only good thing was that the QBs were not tackled, they were "touched" before they could release the pass. That was labeled as a sack.

Not a very good showing for the OL. Someone (Wolfe??) had best get their shit together and maybe sign some castoffs who might be able to block. If this crap continues, the Patriots might not have enough quarterbacks to complete an seventeen game season.
They drafted online fairly heavy last two years . IMO they need to find an online coach

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody call Scar and beg him to watch the “highlights”

Would he have a heart attack or would he say fire the o-line coach and get rid of all these guys!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’ve drafted interior lineman the past few years with middle round picks. No one worth a shit. The only interior lineman drafted high was Cole Strange. We got laughed at. And for good reason. The offensive tackle position has been for the most part completely neglected. Since 2012 these are the only OT’s we’ve drafted in the first 3 rounds. Antonio Garcia (3rd) 2017. Isaiah Wynn (1st) 2018) and Yodny Cajuste (3rd) in 2019. That is horrible and unacceptable for probably the 2nd most valuable position on the team. Coach B really fucked the pooch on this.