• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 training camp thread

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He beat out Luke? WOW!
WOW?? Really??? Luke could still be elevated to starter, but it's no surprise to see a guy like him with very little experience being beaten out by guys with far more experience and who have done it for most of their lives and careers. Luke just needs more work and he's going to be ok. They'll find a place for him somewhere.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW?? Really??? Luke could still be elevated to starter, but it's no surprise to see a guy like him with very little experience being beaten out by guys with far more experience and who have done it for most of their lives and careers. Luke just needs more work and he's going to be ok. They'll find a place for him somewhere.

True, I figured Luke had the upper hand b/c he was Peters draft pick. Most of this board was saying Brown will be cut and now he is our #3. So yes, wow.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think letting forbes return punts is dumb.crowder does it well.
Gotta have a backup plan. That said, keep this in your back pocket for future reference.. Crowder could be on the trading block.

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine how bad their backups or competitors for starting job must have been.
This is an era I hope we all soon forget, and not just because I am hoping that Adam Peters can turn this around into an actual football organization that is well run and emulated around the league, but for the sheer incompetence of Ron Rivera and just about everyone that he hired.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, I figured Luke had the upper hand b/c he was Peters draft pick. Most of this board was saying Brown will be cut and now he is our #3. So yes, wow.
Despite what most of the board was posting, I was not one of them touting Luke because of Rice University and two years after switching from QB. The young man has potential and unless you're a first or second round draft pick you have to fight like hell to beat out the competition... even in Washington.

Btw; there's are exceptions to the first and second round rule. I'm hearing that Drake Maye hasn't come close to Joe Milton III in camp.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite what most of the board was posting, I was not one of them touting Luke because of Rice University and two years after switching from QB. The young man has potential and unless you're a first or second round draft pick you have to fight like hell to beat out the competition... even in Washington.

Btw; there's are exceptions to the first and second round rule. I'm hearing that Drake Maye hasn't come close to Joe Milton III in camp.

well, a lot of people were writing of Brown b/c WR was going to be drafted this year. Playing at Rice shouldn't matter IMO. It was known that Maye was going to be a project and not pro ready for Week 1. Brissett will probably start Week 1