• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Offseason thread

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a steep price to move up, but Holmes seems to understand the value the player gives to the team. Outside of Jameson Williams, his first and second round picks have contributed at or above expectations. And Jameson may just be maturing enough to become the complete player the coaches envision him to be.

Mr. Holmes, your moves surprise without disappointing. Let’s see what magic you create throughout this year’s draft.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate the trade. Would have been very happy with Wiggins at 29 if Arnold was gone. To sacrifice our 3rd was ridiculous.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrion Arnold! fricken love it.

Our third round pick is pretty steep though.
I thought for sure trading up they were taking Leggette. I dont like that they moved up for Arnold. Wiggins and Desean and Koolaid all still on the board as well. Didnt make sense to me.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a steep price to move up, but Holmes seems to understand the value the player gives to the team. Outside of Jameson Williams, his first and second round picks have contributed at or above expectations. And Jameson may just be maturing enough to become the complete player the coaches envision him to be.

Mr. Holmes, your moves surprise without disappointing. Let’s see what magic you create throughout this year’s draft.
Hate the trade. Would have been very happy with Wiggins at 29 if Arnold was gone. To sacrifice our 3rd was ridiculous.
This constant trading up is starting to leave us short handed. We have 1 more quality pick now only. When you can get guys like Amon Ra in the 3rd round its a heavy price down the road. If it were a third in next years draft sure. Always a chance we could get a comp pick to replace it too.

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only other thing I'd say is that trading up probably kept the Packers from picking Arnold so that's a win-win.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought for sure trading up they were taking Leggette. I dont like that they moved up for Arnold. Wiggins and Desean and Koolaid all still on the board as well. Didnt make sense to me.
I really like it. I think Arnold is a step above the others. I don't love the 3rd round pick to move up, in that case, I would have preferred to jump the Eagles for Mitchell. Lions corners this year are better and we have more depth than we had last year. With no 3rd or 4th it seems unlikely we will get a safety, so hopefully we can sign one of the players still out there. Simmons/Adams/Diggs is probably outside our need or salary cap.

Marcus Maye to fill out the depth would be nice.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only other thing I'd say is that trading up probably kept the Packers from picking Arnold so that's a win-win.

I really like it. I think Arnold is a step above the others. I don't love the 3rd round pick to move up, in that case, I would have preferred to jump the Eagles for Mitchell. Lions corners this year are better and we have more depth than we had last year. With no 3rd or 4th it seems unlikely we will get a safety, so hopefully we can sign one of the players still out there. Simmons/Adams/Diggs is probably outside our need or salary cap.

Marcus Maye to fill out the depth would be nice.
I think Stu hit the nail on the head. I do think Arnold is the best CB available and should have gone top 10. Surprised he was there but we definitely gave up a lot. I think maybe Amik foes to the Slot and Branch to Safety. Not sure Kerby is going to be 100% to start the season.

Jamal Adams is still available so maybe we go FA route to fill that last safety out. Connor Williams is the only one that makes sense for O-line though. We have 2 guys at a minimum that could be gone after this season. We need to draft a stud in round 2.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Stu hit the nail on the head. I do think Arnold is the best CB available and should have gone top 10. Surprised he was there but we definitely gave up a lot. I think maybe Amik foes to the Slot and Branch to Safety. Not sure Kerby is going to be 100% to start the season.

Jamal Adams is still available so maybe we go FA route to fill that last safety out. Connor Williams is the only one that makes sense for O-line though. We have 2 guys at a minimum that could be gone after this season. We need to draft a stud in round 2.
I am hopeful for IOL in round 2. I think Branch is going to be moving all over the field. Sometimes safety, sometimes slot. If the upgrades to the secondary move the Lions to even league average at pass defense Lions will be a scary team.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hopeful for IOL in round 2. I think Branch is going to be moving all over the field. Sometimes safety, sometimes slot. If the upgrades to the secondary move the Lions to even league average at pass defense Lions will be a scary team.
And if the two rookie QB’s that just entered the division, along with the receivers already in the North, play up to expectations the Lion’s D is going to have to improve just to keep up. It seems the competition is having a great draft as of Day 1. The North is becoming one of the strongest divisions in the NFC. Giving up a 3rd and a 1st to get arguably the best CB in the draft may look like draft capital well spent at the end of this season.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will pick around 9:15-9:30

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ennis Rakestraw, another corner. I would have been happy with either corner we drafted