• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NFL Draft: The Quarterback Class

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the hostility. The guy throws Picks. That is why he lost his job at Homa
No hostility. Just asking a question -- debate. Jalen Hurts lost his job at Alabama, and then transferred to Oklahoma. If you look at the history of QBs winning the Senior MVP, they have all been drafted in rounds 1-4.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No hostility. Just asking a question -- debate. Jalen Hurts lost his job at Alabama, and then transferred to Oklahoma. If you look at the history of QBs winning the Senior MVP, they have all been drafted in rounds 1-4.

Because Tua come along.................

I also take a look at putting you and your team on the map. As a QB you are suppose to put your team on your back and F'ing win.

Him staying and going 5-7 doesn't say that much to me.

As for the Senior MVP. Grats to him but that changes nothing IMO.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Tua come along.................

I also take a look at putting you and your team on the map. As a QB you are suppose to put your team on your back and F'ing win.

Him staying and going 5-7 doesn't say that much to me.

As for the Senior MVP. Grats to him but that changes nothing IMO.
Patrick Mahomes went 13-19 as a starter at Texas Tech. In his final season, the Red Raiders went 5-7.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Caleb Williams (#1 Overall)
2. Drake Maye (#2 Overall)
3. Jaden Daniels (Top 10 / maybe Top 5)
4. JJ McCarthy (Late 1st)
5. Bo Nix (2nd round)
6. Michael Penix (2nd round)

I'd put Daniels at 2-6. If he's still there at 6, it would be tough for the Giants to pass on him.

Something about Nix screams Sean Payton to me, could see them taking him in the 1st. QBs always seem to go higher than we expect; I wouldn't be surprised to see 5 or all 6 in the 1st.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd put Daniels at 2-6. If he's still there at 6, it would be tough for the Giants to pass on him.
Yep, I believe the same

Something about Nix screams Sean Payton to me, could see them taking him in the 1st. QBs always seem to go higher than we expect; I wouldn't be surprised to see 5 or all 6 in the 1st.
Looking more at Nix, I can see him going in the first

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to add one more QB to the discussion -- Jordan Travis. Everybody knows who he is. He's the reason why 13-0, ACC Champion Florida State finished the regular season ranked 5th instead of 3rd or 4th. At the East-West Shrine Bowl in late January, he said he will be fully healed from his leg injury in about a couple of months.

When I look at the player rankings and Mock Draft Database, people have him at the 9th or 10th best quarterback in the class, and ranked as a 4th round prospect.

Jordan Travis
- 6'1, 212 pounds
- 23-years old. Will be 24 in May.
- Played for the Louisville Cardinals in 2018, then transferred to Florida State between 2019 to 2023.
- Named the ACC Player of the Year and ACC Offensive Player of the Year in 2023
- Made the First-team All-ACC in 2023
- Finished 5th in the Heisman Trophy voting
Against North Alabama had a season ending leg injury, which knocked Florida State out of the college football playoff.
- In his last 24 starts, scored 58 touchdowns, 7 interceptions, averaged 248 passing yards per game, and had 8.8 yards per attempt.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've been thinking the same about the Broncos and Sean Payton. It just has a feel to it, doesn't it? I can see 4 QBs in the top 10 picks and maybe 1 or 2 later in the first depending on what happens with Cousins, Wilson and Mayfield. Pretty sure Mayfield stays put though and maybe Cousins too but hard to say at this point. The Giants are a hard prediction to make because they just need so many things as well as QB.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More tape from the quarterback class

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the big question is: where does Justin Fields rank in this mix? If New England is looking at QB3 or Marvin Harrison Jr and Justin Fields...it wouldn't be the craziest thing ever if they went with Fields.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the big question is: where does Justin Fields rank in this mix? If New England is looking at QB3 or Marvin Harrison Jr and Justin Fields...it wouldn't be the craziest thing ever if they went with Fields.
Not factoring in the rookie contract, 3rd-6th with Maye and Caleb having the long term upside :noidea:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not factoring in the rookie contract, 3rd-6th with Maye and Caleb having the long term upside :noidea:
My guess is that he is either 5th or 6th but I think the league might be higher on Fields than the average fan.

The Raiders are in a curious spot. They could trade for Fields. Or they could trade up to get a QB. Doing a mock draft before figuring out where Fields is going is really tricky.

1. Bears - Williams
2. WFT - Maye
3. Pats - Daniels
4. Cards - Harrison Jr
5. Falcons trade up for JJ McCarthy
6. Giants - Odunze
7. Titans - Alt
8. Bolts - Nabers
9. Bears...trade down? But who is trading up for QB? Seattle? Too far maybe. Broncos? Raiders seem like the obvious trade up.

Last edited:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that he is either 5th or 6th but I think the league might be higher on Fields than the average fan.

The Raiders are in a curious spot. They could trade for Fields. Or they could trade up to get a QB. Doing a mock draft before figuring out where Fields is going is really tricky.

1. Bears - Williams
2. WFT - Maye
3. Pats - Daniels
4. Cards - Harrison Jr
5. Falcons trade up for JJ McCarthy
6. Giants - Odunze
7. Titans - Alt
8. Bolts - Nabers
9. Bears...trade down? But who is trading up for QB? Seattle? Too far maybe. Broncos? Raiders seem like the obvious trade up.
Those top 8 picks seem fairly accurate, assuming of course there are no trades, aside from the suggested Falcons swap with the Chargers. Amazing how McCarthy seems to be skyrocketing up the boards the past week or so. The only other player I've seen in similar skyrocket mode has been Oregon's center, Jackson Powers-Johnson. Just a few weeks ago - pre-Senior Bowl - he was usually mentioned at best as a mid-late 2nd round pick, now he's suddenly a for-sure 1st rounder.

As for the Bears, there has been some talk of late that the Steelers could be interested in obtaining Fields, but of course it's all just speculation at this point. We only have six picks in this draft, so trading back at #9 for additional capital might just come into play.