• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NFL Draft: The Quarterback Class

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Words can not describe how excited I am about Jayden Daniels. I knew he was the pick, I liked him more than any player in the draft. But even I didn't know he'd be this good this soon.

Their offense has 24 scoring drives and 19 incomplete passes for the season, 4 punts in 4 games. Yes they throw a ton of short passes, this is the NFL today, but he is just so accurate he always puts it in the right spot for maximum RAC. His release is every bit as quick as Dan Marino.

Be afraid NFL, be very afraid. This guy is going to be a game changer every time he puts on a helmet.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Words can not describe how excited I am about Jayden Daniels. I knew he was the pick, I liked him more than any player in the draft. But even I didn't know he'd be this good this soon.

Their offense has 24 scoring drives and 19 incomplete passes for the season, 4 punts in 4 games. Yes they throw a ton of short passes, this is the NFL today, but he is just so accurate he always puts it in the right spot for maximum RAC. His release is every bit as quick as Dan Marino.

Be afraid NFL, be very afraid. This guy is going to be a game changer every time he puts on a helmet.
His 82% completion percentage through the first 4 games of a season is the best ever beating Brady in 2007. Not that it's the end all, be all but pretty impressive from a rookie. Helps to have a good running game too. Can't take anything away from Daniels, he's been really good. The pick was bad but he made some spectacular throws in that game too. Washington is a fun watch. Long season but they look good so far. NFCE is there for the taking if they can keep it up.

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How likeable is Jaydan Daniels? With that smile and personality he has that Magic Johonson vibe, I can't wait for him to rip off that 40 yard run that we all know is coming.

After being laughed at and riduculed for decades it's wild that the nation fell in love with the Washington QB the other night, we are a team other fans will want to watch and not mock. What a change.

And how cool is it that he has the actual magic johnson in the building as one of the new co-owners

I wonder if theres some public image mentoring going on there

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaching still matters in this game. It's really that simple for these young QBs. Dan Quinn is a good culture setter as a HC now. I think he is a lot more comfortable his second time around. And Kingsbury might have been a little too soft as a HC but he's a smart OC who knows how to scheme up a plan that fits his players strengths. Perfect fit for Daniels in Washington. Still gonna likely fall back to earth because nobody can keep up this pace but good to see for the kid. The Oline is also much improved over last year, imo. They fixed some of their glaring issues and the defense played a lot better yesterday as well. Gonna be interesting to see how well they do going forward. Commanders have a few good defenses to face later in the season and of course, the divisional match-ups. I do hope they beat the Eagles and Cowboys and take the division though.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaching still matters in this game. It's really that simple for these young QBs. Dan Quinn is a good culture setter as a HC now. I think he is a lot more comfortable his second time around. And Kingsbury might have been a little too soft as a HC but he's a smart OC who knows how to scheme up a plan that fits his players strengths. Perfect fit for Daniels in Washington. Still gonna likely fall back to earth because nobody can keep up this pace but good to see for the kid. The Oline is also much improved over last year, imo. They fixed some of their glaring issues and the defense played a lot better yesterday as well. Gonna be interesting to see how well they do going forward. Commanders have a few good defenses to face later in the season and of course, the divisional match-ups. I do hope they beat the Eagles and Cowboys and take the division though.
I always felt the OL was not as bad as the others did. Washington fans are obsessed with the offensive line, for obvious reasons as they've seen how they can win titles. They would use first round picks on OL every single year.

But there is more to building a contender than a dominant OL. You need A players regardless of position and right now they have only 2. And you need a true franchise QB, not something called Sam Howell or an Alex Smith. They've got the hardest part of the equation, something they have been searching for since Joe Theisman. The rest will take care of itself in time.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How likeable is Jaydan Daniels? With that smile and personality he has that Magic Johonson vibe, I can't wait for him to rip off that 40 yard run that we all know is coming.

After being laughed at and riduculed for decades it's wild that the nation fell in love with the Washington QB the other night, we are a team other fans will want to watch and not mock. What a change.

My only concern with Daniels at this point is RG3. They need to be careful not to rush him back should he get injured. Shanahan did RG3 dirty IMO.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,698.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only concern with Daniels at this point is RG3. They need to be careful not to rush him back should he get injured. Shanahan did RG3 dirty IMO.
Rg knee rushed back because he was afraid of cousin Kirk

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All Wash fans to you:

Shut Your Mouth GIF

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is the narrative from those who did not follow the team. I saw players carrying Byron Leftwich to the LOS because he was injured so badly and nobody said anything about that coach. And this was a college player. Rivers played a playoff game with a torn ACL, I heard nobody criticize the coach.

RGMe's problem was he refused to learn to play the position. He spent all his time working out and not studying film. He took sacks with open receivers constantly, took 3 step drops when the play called for a 5 step drop and this was after several years in the league. We all saw it here, I was the last of his defenders but eventually I could not ignore the obvious.

Jayden came into the league far more polished as a pocket passer. He also does not have an injury history but that can always change.

Last edited: