• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NFL Combine

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL Combine starts Tuesday and runs through Saturday.

Thought that we should have a place to post stuff we see or hear.

Rumors will be flying out of Indy.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL Combine starts Tuesday and runs through Saturday.

Thought that we should have a place to post stuff we see or hear.

Rumors will be flying out of Indy.
I am going to try to watch the whole thing.
Not because I want to but because I’m still stuck at home.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not 'stuck', but I'll be watching, especially the OL.

Reports are saying that Williams and Daniels will NOT be throwing at the Combine. Both will wait until their pro days.

RUMOR::::::::::

There might be a larger group of non-invitees showing up in Indy. The rumor is that they will be working out for interested scouts, GMs or coaches at a local high school. Supposedly, the NFL has gone to the city and the Athletic associations and asked them to close all fields. Supposedly, a lawyer said that they could be sued for trillions if they close the fields by the football players and parents of high school athletes who will be using the fields s for track, soccer, etc. Looks like the fields might be open. It'll be interesting to see if they close them to everything but HS athletes. What about people who run on or walk on the tracks? Considering that the 'public' owns the fields, closing them for anything could be a problem. I'm sure it'll all come out in the wash..........................

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reports are saying that Williams and Daniels will NOT be throwing at the Combine. Both will wait until their pro days.

There might be a larger group of non-invitees showing up in Indy. The rumor is that they will be working out for interested scouts, GMs or coaches at a local high school. Supposedly, the NFL has gone to the city and the Athletic associations and asked them to close all fields. Supposedly, a lawyer said that they could be sued for trillions if they close the fields by the football players and parents of high school athletes who will be using the fields s for track, soccer, etc. Looks like the fields might be open. It'll be interesting to see if they close them to everything but HS athletes. What about people who run on or walk on the tracks? Considering that the 'public' owns the fields, closing them for anything could be a problem. I'm sure it'll all come out in the wash..........................
I won't have the luxury of watching so posting data here would be a plus

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No MHJ at the Combine. Or Pro day either.

Is he afraid his measurables will outshine his ability and drop him to #2 or #3 ?

Or is he just arrogant?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure the outsiders that ruin a space for the locals will still be alive after it's all done so they'll get away with it.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reads of future team cancer. He will still get drafted really high but this cannot be a plus
It also wreaks of not understanding the business and understanding the combine is a big marketing tool to help keep focus on the league year round. If you want to pull his millions out of a business you need to invest in the business. In his case, he just needs to show up and give fans something to be excited about.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the times that the combine will be on television.

Nothing until Friday. NFL Network isn't picking up live coverage until 3:00 PM Friday.

I heard last night that no workouts will be done until Thursday and today and tomorrow are interviewing days.

Like they say to the telly, "Stay Tuned."

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the times that the combine will be on television.

Nothing until Friday. NFL Network isn't picking up live coverage until 3:00 PM Friday.

I heard last night that no workouts will be done until Thursday and today and tomorrow are interviewing days.

Like they say to the telly, "Stay Tuned."
I think that's par for the course though?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's par for the course though?
I got Good Morning Football on next to me. Every segment between commercials has at least ten seconds of video from the combine. The last one showed about eight guys walking somewhere in the lower levels. Every one in shorts.

As one guy said, "Most critical part of the combine. True and honest height, weight and visible surgical scarring."

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reads of future team cancer. He will still get drafted really high but this cannot be a plus
And of a HOF father who is warning him about all of the pitfalls if he screws up at the combine, and most likely advising him to stay away. Nothing could be worse that to be shown up by three or four other guys busting their nutz to move up in the draft.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2024 NFL Scouting Combine on-field workout schedule​

Thursday (1 p.m. MST): Defensive linemen and linebackers
Friday (1 p.m. MST): Defensive backs and tight ends
Saturday (11 a.m. MST): Quarterbacks, wide receivers and running backs
Sunday (11 a.m. MST): Offensive linemen

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida State image
Braden Fiske, DT, Florida State
Height 6-3. Weight: 295.
Projected 40 Time: 5.00.
Projected Round (2024): 2-3.

2/17/24: In 2023, Fiske recorded 43 tackles and six sacks for the Seminoles. He had 58 tackles, six sacks, two forced fumbles, and two passes batted in 2022 for Western Michigan. Fiske totaled 7.5 sacks over the three seasons before that. At the point of attack, Fiske is quick and has some speed to get after the quarterback. However, he needs to get stronger and more stout against the run.

Florida State image
Jaheim Bell*, TE, Florida State
Height: 6-1. Weight: 244.
Projected 40 Time: 4.65.
Projected Round (2024): 3-5.

2/24/24: The South Carolina transfer played well for Florida State in 2023, making 39 receptions for 503 yards and two touchdowns. He also had a rushing touchdown. In 2022 (25-231-2) and 2021 (30-497-5), Bell was a solid contributor for the Gamecocks. Bell is a physical player who is dangerous with the ball in his hands. He picks up yards after the catch and has the quickness, route-running and athleticism to get open.

Top 3 QB's not taking part in combine.....
Nix was errant in throws - most often low
McCarthey was errant, a bit erratic. Often too long
Milton ha a cannon!
Leary was consistent and far better than his ranking
WR's
McConkey looked exceptional
Ainias Smith looked exceptional
Cowing is undersized and fast
McCaffrey wasn't Christian but looked fast with good hands
Generally, the tall receivers had bad hands and the shorter, shifty receivers looked good - with no-one covering.....

RB's looked average with many of them not running the drills well.
There will be bargains in later rounds!!!!!

Could not seperate the CB's. All fast , athletic with good hands

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milton has intrigued me since watching Tennessee play Georgia. He's got a Howitzer throwing arm. He's 6'5.5" and weighs 235.

I know he's not in the same tier as Williams, Maye or Daniels, but it makes one wonder if he spent a training camp and a half season behind someone like Flacco, if he could make the improvements and adjustments to the NFL and be the future QB for the Patriots?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milton has intrigued me since watching Tennessee play Georgia. He's got a Howitzer throwing arm. He's 6'5.5" and weighs 235.

I know he's not in the same tier as Williams, Maye or Daniels, but it makes one wonder if he spent a training camp and a half season behind someone like Flacco, if he could make the improvements and adjustments to the NFL and be the future QB for the Patriots?
I love Milton.
He can run and play physically too.
But some times that cannon is just too much and he needs to learn how to dial it back and just loft it in now and then.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But some times that cannon is just too much and he needs to learn how to dial it back and just loft it in now and then.
Don't you think with guidance and practice he might learn to control it? He may not have to pull back as much for distance as he might for drilling a laser at ten or twelve yards. Experience and making a couple of mistakes tend to help with control.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Milton.
He can run and play physically too.
jeff george had a cannon but theres more to being a qb than a good arm
brady won with his brain not his arm or legs :suds: