• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 New England Patriots - News and Rumors

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot see the Bolts doing this. Herbert is really good, they know what they have
True, but even with the teams he's had, he can't get beyond the wildcard games. The Chargers are close to trying to do something different or keep spinning their wheels. Getting a new, younger QB might be what they think they need to do.

Then again, the Giants are considering giving up 2024 first and second, 2025 first and second and 2026 first to get that #3, according to ESPN and Shefter.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but even with the teams he's had, he can't get beyond the wildcard games. The Chargers are close to trying to do something different or keep spinning their wheels. Getting a new, younger QB might be what they think they need to do.

Then again, the Giants are considering giving up 2024 first and second, 2025 first and second and 2026 first to get that #3, according to ESPN and Shefter.

By all accounts Harbaugh is enamored with Herbert. Coaching may be the big difference maker with them.

I cannot imagine the Chargers even considering giving up a known commodity for an unknown gamble.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By all accounts Harbaugh is enamored with Herbert. Coaching may be the big difference maker with them.

I cannot imagine the Chargers even considering giving up a known commodity for an unknown gamble.
In this fucked up world, nothing surprises me anymore. It's more about the money than common sense.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's this ??????????????????

Chargers give the Patriots #5 and Justin Herbert for #3.

Would you prefer that the Patriots use the #5 for Alt or a WR????????

Just read an article that said that Alt looks like he was built in a Left Tackle factory similar to Shelby's Mustang factory.
Alt.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read an article today that was basically complaining that the Patriots are "holding the league hostage" until they decide what they will do with the #3 pick. The author says that trading the pick will not only affect the draft. but more so, what every team in the same division does as the team that they trade the pick. This guy says that trading that pick could completely upset the balance of the NFL, especially in the NFC. He's a fan of teams other than the Vikings or Giants. My guess is that he's a Bears or Cowboys fan. Most likely Bears.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read an article today that was basically complaining that the Patriots are "holding the league hostage" until they decide what they will do with the #3 pick. The author says that trading the pick will not only affect the draft. but more so, what every team in the same division does as the team that they trade the pick. This guy says that trading that pick could completely upset the balance of the NFL, especially in the NFC. He's a fan of teams other than the Vikings or Giants. My guess is that he's a Bears or Cowboys fan. Most likely Bears.
Boohoo for him. Pats need to worry about getting the best food they can on their plate, not what's left for everyone else.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's stupid. Never have I heard of a team holding the league hostage with the number three pick

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's stupid. Never have I heard of a team holding the league hostage with the number three pick
Some people just can never let go of their hate for the Patriots.
This guy feels like the Patriots should tell everyone exactly what they plan to do and that way, "his" team can make an informed decision.

Unless he's terrified that his team will give up the farm for that #3 and screw themselves for the following two or three.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd take it.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMG_3744.jpeg

For some reason I thought a team would have an easier strength of schedule the following season when they had a bad record the previous.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 359724

For some reason I thought a team would have an easier strength of schedule the following season when they had a bad record the previous.
It really only affects 2 games.

You always play 6 in your Div.

You play 4 in the AFC, different Div already predetermined on a rotational basis. This year AFCS

You play 4 against the NFC Div opponent already predetermined on a rotational basis. This year NFCW

2 more against non Div AFC teams based on the prior seasons record.

Plus the 1 new one to make 17. That game is an out of conference team NE not scheduled to play.

AFCE is tough so that hurts the SoS.

NFCW is no joke.

AFCS not a cake walk.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 359842

If true…. I’ve lost all respect for Kraft.
I agree with you. Even if Kraft was speaking from the heart it's a comment too far. Don't trust that quote. It could be an interpretation of what Kraft said when Kraft was implying nothing more that BB wanting all the control.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 359842

If true…. I’ve lost all respect for Kraft.

Me too but I'm going to give Kraft the benefit of the doubt and at least partially assume it's a shitty media journalist hopping on Kraft now that he's vulnerable due to it being generally accepted that he's a piece of shit for the HBO series. It's suddenly popular to hate Kraft. Maybe with good reason. Regardless.

Until Blank comes out and says it happened I'm going to remain skeptical. But if true, I'd have a real problem with that.