• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 1 game but the fit on this team didn’t look the greatest. Hopefully it gets better before the real thing starts in 2 weeks
He looked out of shape and unfocused. It’s not like it is uncommon for him

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,725.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 1 game but the fit on this team didn’t look the greatest. Hopefully it gets better before the real thing starts in 2 weeks
They will have to play down to the level of competition for anyone to give them a game. I don’t see them losing.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked out of shape and unfocused. It’s not like it is uncommon for him
One thing he needs to get sooner rather than later is that foul baiting won’t work too well in the Olympics. Play through contact and focus on making the bucket

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will have to play down to the level of competition for anyone to give them a game. I don’t see them losing.
Same. One problem I can see them is having is being careless with the ball. High turnover game/hot shooting is the way to give yourself a chance against them

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing he needs to get sooner rather than later is that foul baiting won’t work too well in the Olympics. Play through contact and focus on making the bucket
Agree 110%. Selfishly it’s this shit that I’m really excited about. This aspect will be the best thing for him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’s really important. I don’t think many teams win big without an established identity.
I mean, you don't really need to name an identity. Just not something I'd pay attention to. But if others do, that's fine.

How about identity of the top players stay healthy and play really well (seemed to work for my team in 2016)?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question.....other than Lebron be really good and help carry his team what was Laker identity when they won the title in 2020?
Defense first. Ride two stars and a bunch of two way role players around them who could shoot.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense first. Ride two stars and a bunch of two way role players around them who could shoot.
That has been the identity for Cleveland for the past couple years. They always have a top defense. Hoping the defense continues and they have actually run an offense now. So for the last couple years, defense has been their identity. The problem when they got in the playoffs was their offense was so predictable, lack of movement and becomes stagnant. I think that is one of many things Atkinson can fix and if not that means one of JA or Garland is gone bc it has more to do with personnel.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, that has been the Cavs' identity for a while (though without a Lebron). I suspect they continue to play tough defense and hope shooters do their job.

But I'm good with an identity of stay healthy and hope the top players do their job.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That has been the identity for Cleveland for the past couple years. They always have a top defense. Hoping the defense continues and they have actually run an offense now. So for the last couple years, defense has been their identity. The problem when they got in the playoffs was their offense was so predictable, lack of movement and becomes stagnant. I think that is one of many things Atkinson can fix and if not that means one of JA or Garland is gone bc it has more to do with personnel.
I mean, 2 years ago the issue was other than Levert the bench was a bunch of guys who most good teams would hardly play at all (Osman, Stevens, Rubio, Neto, Lopez).

still think the problem in the playoffs was losing their best player in the playoffs at time he went down for rest of playoffs and then losing their remaining best player and for sure best offensive player. If that happens again, not sure Atkinson can fix anything. But I am curious what he will do if we can be healthier.

also agree if not working by deadline a move of a core 4 player could happen.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, 2 years ago the issue was other than Levert the bench was a bunch of guys who most good teams would hardly play at all (Osman, Stevens, Rubio, Neto, Lopez).

still think the problem in the playoffs was losing their best player in the playoffs at time he went down for rest of playoffs and then losing their remaining best player and for sure best offensive player. If that happens again, not sure Atkinson can fix anything. But I am curious what he will do if we can be healthier.

It took time to build the squad up. The rebuild has been pretty remarkable up to this point. Depth was definitely a real issue but over time they formed into a top defense. And yes injuries have been a clear issue, even in the Lebron years. Love or Kyrie seemed to get hurt at the wrong time too.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, Cavs are at that "tipping point" where it's time to pick a direction to take their next step. Do they move forward with what they have and count on continuity and natural improvement along with minor tweaks?...Or do they look to make a significant move or 2?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Cavs are at that "tipping point" where it's time to pick a direction to take their next step. Do they move forward with what they have and count on continuity and natural improvement along with minor tweaks?...Or do they look to make a significant move or 2?
Right now the only answer is a minor tweak with the new coaching staff but if there is no progression, regression or even slight progression we could see a big move involving the core 4. I am on board with giving Atkinson the keys with basically the same roster to see what he can do.
The Okoro sign-and-trade stuff is way more complicated than people believe bc he is coming off a rookie contract, trading for one is much easier than trading away a player coming off a rookie contract. So that being said, I am expecting Okoro back. That means they are running it back essentially this year.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels like the Cavs felt they lacked the shooting and that’s why they added Strus and Niang last summer.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
****COVID NBA Championship. It doesnt even really count as a true NBA title.

I dont really believe this in the least but fun to needle Laker fans on it.
LA got two bubble gifts because of Covid. It’s the Dodgers only title in the last 35 years.